R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-25-2011, 04:20 AM   #4366
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
As a racer i don't use reverse. Even in practice i don't use it. It makes me more carefull cause i know when i hit something i will have to wait for someone or get the car myself, just like in a race. As a racer i understand that there are maybe more urgent issues to adres then something unpleasant in the reverse function that no racer uses. Maybe it is a big deal for you but imo i think you should just put it in forward and brake and don't make a big deal out of it. We are racers not bashers that need reverse.

+1
Old 03-25-2011, 05:32 AM   #4367
Tech Initiate

Quote:
As a racer i don't use reverse. Even in practice i don't use it. It makes me more carefull cause i know when i hit something i will have to wait for someone or get the car myself, just like in a race. As a racer i understand that there are maybe more urgent issues to adres then something unpleasant in the reverse function that no racer uses. Maybe it is a big deal for you but imo i think you should just put it in forward and brake and don't make a big deal out of it. We are racers not bashers that need reverse.
That is your opinion. I race 2WD buggy and for me the reverse is a must have when practicing in our circuit. For me the software is almost perfect (in TT the turbo is not needed).

I know everyone has its own preferences and priorities, that is obvious, so what is the intention of a post like yours? If you have any issue that needs to be solved, report it in the forum, but don't blame others because we want our issues to be solved.
Gusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:51 AM   #4368
Tech Master

my intention was to make a point of not making a big deal about certain issues like some on here make every other 2-3 pages or so. If reverse is a must have then you might be doing something wrong, not saying you are but might...and yes that is my oppinion. No biggy ... race on!

ps: the issue is being resolved so wait some more and it will be fine.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 03-25-2011 at 06:02 AM.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:55 AM   #4369
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom54 View Post
And were is Angelo. Post #3756

Here he is with Jack
Attached Thumbnails
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-img_5574.jpg  
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #4370
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusi View Post
Cobra, have you read the previous post from Irgo about the issue? And do you remember we talked about reintroducing the delay some weeks ago?

Don't tell me that I need to use forward/reverse with brake, because obviously I'm using it. There are two BUGS in the software related to reverse, and if you can't detect it, then you must pass this issue to Michael or any technician. The bugs are:

* The motor rotation is not being monitored by the esc as the instructions say. To check this, run the car fast forward on the track (not on air) and brake two times. Even if the car wheels hasn't stopped in the first brake, the second one enters reverse mode. This makes unusable forward/reverse with brake in normal situations (yes, I use to brake 2 o 3 times when entering a corner, and I don't want to enter reverse accidentaly because my car IS NOT STOPPED YET)

* When running sensorless, there is no way to detect motor rotation. It would be nice to have a delay entering reverse to avoid braking twice and ENTERING REVERSE ACCIDENTALLY. I tried some other brands ESC and behaves this way, and old hobbywing software worked like this before. It was in 2010-09-17 when the delay was eliminated (this can be checked reading the firmware changelist, which says: 2.Optimize the switching of forward and backward)

Is it clear now? Are you going to report this issue to Michael as you promised some weeks ago? Hope we can have this fixed in the next release.

Best regards.
Hi, I can confirm Michael has known this problem.

Two things you may want to know:
1. Hobbywing has 1/8 ESC FW with 3rd reverse throttle to activate reverse. It's designed for the case that the buggy is in air.So It's an easy way to apply it in 1/10 scale products if it is worth.

2. There has lots of things to be considered when designing the program. As I know , now the reverse activation is not working through sensor mode. It has some methods to judge the time to reverse. But in very low forward RPM, the motor may go to reverse. No delay is because someone like that, even you delay 1sec, it is also a "BUG" in their words.Hobbywing products support sensorless mode very well , that may be a reason.
In most cases, we think only good drivers can perform such quick two times brake in the corner, and they normally do not use reverse at all.

So please DON'T think it as easy as you say, we all want to be perfect but the reality is not easy to do that. But any good suggestion and feedback is welcome and will help the new products better!

Regards,
Salton

Last edited by sizheng; 03-25-2011 at 08:14 AM.
sizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #4371
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

for 1/12 1S... running a SP Comp2 4.0T motor...

since i'm running a mod motor and won't be turning up any boost or turbo, am i better off running the system sensorless (i have 119_MOD loaded in the ESC)? any roll-out suggestions?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #4372
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Hi, I can confirm Michael has known this problem.

Two things you may want to know:
1. Hobbywing has 1/8 ESC FW with 3rd reverse throttle to activate reverse. It's designed for the case that the buggy is in air.So It's an easy way to apply it in 1/10 scale products if it is worth.

2. There has lots of things to be considered when designing the program. As I know , now the reverse activation is not working through sensor mode. It has some methods to judge the time to reverse. But in very low forward RPM, the motor may go to reverse. No delay is because someone like that, even you delay 1sec, it is also a "BUG" in their words.Hobbywing products support sensorless mode very well , that may be a reason.
In most cases, we think only good drivers can perform such quick two times brake in the corner, and they normally do not use reverse at all.

So please DON'T think it as easy as you say, we all want to be perfect but the reality is not easy to do that. But any good suggestion and feedback is welcome and will help the new products better!

Regards,
Salton
Hi,
The 3rd reverse sounds good to me, but as a quick fix, I'd add a configurable delay. I suppose it would be quite easy (I'm a C/C++ programmer) to add a delay to enter the reverse mode after the second brake, so if one wants reverse mode to enter inmmediatelly, he can configure the delay to 0s, but other person like me, could configure it to 1 second. This easy solution could solve many of the problems we are having with this issue.

BTW, why the delay was removed from latest version of the software? I think it was working better in the old versions, as we were not having this problem until now.
Gusi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #4373
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusi View Post
Hi,
The 3rd reverse sounds good to me, but as a quick fix, I'd add a configurable delay. I suppose it would be quite easy (I'm a C/C++ programmer) to add a delay to enter the reverse mode after the second brake, so if one wants reverse mode to enter inmmediatelly, he can configure the delay to 0s, but other person like me, could configure it to 1 second. This easy solution could solve many of the problems we are having with this issue.

BTW, why the delay was removed from latest version of the software? I think it was working better in the old versions, as we were not having this problem until now.
I don't know the reason, but I'm sure Michael knows this clearly and he must have reasons to do that. Just wait and let's see.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #4374
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
push control lets the motor still run the same rpm when you let off the gas. It is for a certain ammount of time. That time is set with push control. It is something like coasting when you let go of the throttle instead of slowing down emmediatly on the motor. It is there to prevent the emmediate braking on the motor when using very high fdr's/low rollout with a lot of timing. The higher the fdr / lower the rollout the heavier the motor resistance when letting go of the throttle.
Ok thanks.. Kinda the opposite of a drag brake.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #4375
Tech Adept

Well... a pleasant surprise this morning!

I learned by a local Greek rc news site that there is a www.hobbywing.eu active, and already has some ESC's on site. the prices are VERY good too!

It was something that was long missing!

I *think* the EU site is situated in Germany.

A good job, indeed, HW!

Btw... Angelo... nice t-shirt! What size is that?! I want one too! (or three!!!)

KP-Designs KP10e 1/5 rc bike, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HPI Baja SS, Xray T1 FK05, Venom GPV1 1/8 rc bike, Anderson M5 Cross 1/5 rc bike, TT SB-5 1/5 rc bike
steliosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #4376
Tech Apprentice

well, i am not as good as Sizheng to drive
and not as good as Gusi To program,
but this is what i understand from Gusi and Irgo Cases
which i felt the same,

When using "Forward/Brake/Reverse" Option with No Drag Brake/ No Initial Drag Brake.

i like to Fun Run on everywhere , when the car is at far distance, sometimes, reverse is required to avoid Stuck and Debris.

Some times Doing Drag Race, and still want Reverse to function,
i found when Drag Racing more than one times Braking is Required, and still Reverse is Required to get the car's Back safely,

This way Delay by time (second) is not possible (i think)
So.

The Correct answer is what irgo say about it,
"by detecting "0" RPM the reversed Rotation allowed to be activated,
or very Low RPM the reversed Rotation allowed to be activated,"
That's How the Firmware should do the best for switching Direction
Correctly, by Logics.

and there is 2 kind of Swithcing Direction
-"Forward to Reversed"
="Reversed to Forward"
if we go fast Reversed the same thing is also required to Brake before RPM reach "0" RPM and then allowed to go Forward.

So it's what the Sensor do, detecting "0" rotation, what sensoreless can't do.
and you can run Forward/Brake/Reversed Function, Correctly.

i know this sounds like the bug, but i still run my hobbywing, and hope the
bug fixed in the next updates.

Irgo Thank's for your Information, it is the Truth.
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #4377
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Could I request in future software versions that only forward and brake be available in the boost profiles and leave all this reverse non sense for a rtr profile without any boost or timing and a sensorless capability.

Some of these posts are so mind numbing guys you really need to go outside and get some fresh air!

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:17 AM   #4378
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Could I request in future software versions that only forward and brake be available in the boost profiles and leave all this reverse non sense for a rtr profile without any boost or timing and a sensorless capability.

Some of these posts are so mind numbing guys you really need to go outside and get some fresh air!
Benzaah, if you want the "Forward/Brake" Function, it is already there, on all boost Firmware.
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #4379
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashrevolution View Post
well, i am not as good as Sizheng to drive
and not as good as Gusi To program,
but this is what i understand from Gusi and Irgo Cases
which i felt the same,

When using "Forward/Brake/Reverse" Option with No Drag Brake/ No Initial Drag Brake.

i like to Fun Run on everywhere , when the car is at far distance, sometimes, reverse is required to avoid Stuck and Debris.

Some times Doing Drag Race, and still want Reverse to function,
i found when Drag Racing more than one times Braking is Required, and still Reverse is Required to get the car's Back safely,

This way Delay by time (second) is not possible (i think)
So.

The Correct answer is what irgo say about it,
"by detecting "0" RPM the reversed Rotation allowed to be activated,
or very Low RPM the reversed Rotation allowed to be activated,"
That's How the Firmware should do the best for switching Direction
Correctly, by Logics.

and there is 2 kind of Swithcing Direction
-"Forward to Reversed"
="Reversed to Forward"
if we go fast Reversed the same thing is also required to Brake before RPM reach "0" RPM and then allowed to go Forward.

So it's what the Sensor do, detecting "0" rotation, what sensoreless can't do.
and you can run Forward/Brake/Reversed Function, Correctly.

i know this sounds like the bug, but i still run my hobbywing, and hope the
bug fixed in the next updates.

Irgo Thank's for your Information, it is the Truth.
Thanks, your description is very clear.
Please wait for the V3 !
Old 03-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #4380
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Thanks, your description is very clear.
Please wait for the V3 !
what V3?