Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 03-23-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Could it be because of different endbell timing used when specifying Kv?

Seriously i kind of expect you as a representative of Hobbywing to have very good knowledge about the products you represent!

No one is faultless and certanly not me but im quite certain that motors approved for stock racing can't have stators of the same number of turns but differ by being wired as Delta/Star because as i said earlier there are a very big differance in favour of a Deltawound motor in terms of delivering power.

Deltawound motors are simply not allowed in stock racing.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Deleted

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-24-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
there will not be any delta -star config
Star/Delta configuration originally is intended for 3 phase electrical motors in the heavy industry, a motor will start in "Star" configuration, to keep the current in Amps to a lower level without blowing the fuses, once the motor reaches a certain RPM (mostly after a few seconds) the motor will be switched into "delta" configuration, which really looks like it's shifting into 2nd gear....

I really believe that some day, we will see the same in our RC scene, and we will have a car "shifting" to 2nd gear, and I'm not talking turbo, that will be the 3rd gear!....
Old 03-23-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

cherry2blost;8847524]But they ARE allowed in Modified Motors. as below.

9.7 The Winding: Only three slot (phase) “Y” (star) or delta wound stators are allowed. Only circular (round) pure copper wire permitted. No turn limit.

That makes sense since mod isn't limited powerwise. I think the Deltawound motors are the even ones ie. 3T, 4T, 5T etc because of the way they are connected internaly.

Hence my statement that Hobbywing motors are starwound probably are as wrong as cobras opposite since the Ezrun are even wind and probably Deltawound as well.
Sorry for that!

But it is most probable that the Hobbywing motors we use for these dynamicly timed ESC:s are all Star (Y) wound.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Not sure how this can help... i'll leave to the experts for debate...

Tekin Redline 10.5t...
- 9deg, 30563rpm, 3512kv
- 12deg, 30858rpm, 3546kv
- 15deg, 31633rpm, 3635kv
- 18deg, 32891rpm, 3780kv (max motor timing)

Orca RX2 10.5t...
- 0deg, 28841rpm, 3605kv
- 15deg, 35874rpm, 4599kv (it was 5 notch advance n max motor timing)

Xerun 10.5t...
- 28433rpm, 3527rpm
Old 03-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

M7H, instead of driving only electro indoors, you should go for electric outdoors as well, you know more about electro/brushless/setups etc then some of the electro drivers lol!

you can borrow my pro10 rain car if you want to try it out for a season . Only foam tires and a saddlepack is needed, the rest of the electronics you already have.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
M7H, instead of driving only electro indoors, you should go for electric outdoors as well, you know more about electro/brushless/setups etc then some of the electro drivers lol!

you can borrow my pro10 rain car if you want to try it out for a season . Only foam tires and a saddlepack is needed, the rest of the electronics you already have.
tempting... tempting....
Are you there tonight?
I've put the 12th scale on the shelf, already had the 1st outing with my 8th scale, but i was thinking of jumping on my motorbike tonight and come to the track for a laugh and a drink...

Tja, opleiding is electro he, dan krijg je dat.....
Old 03-23-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I do wonder about the kv ratings, when I bought my 10.5 Xerun I worried it may lack some revs, but I'm thinking maybe the kv gets fudged as a selling point, cause mine seems every bit as good as my old SP, and I'd even say it seems smoother (the SP always felt a little course).

Either way, seriously don't go over thinking or beating up anything, at the end of the day they just work, ROAR will be the icing on a nice bit of gear.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

i will be there on friday...

I don't have the car yet as i have bought it second hand and i still need to pick it up . It would have set it up as a rain car for the nationals but if you are serious then you can borrow it for the time being...no problem.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sizheng
Dear brothers,

Call me Salton , I think the Chinese name "Sizheng" is not easy for you guys to spell and remember.

Best regards,
Salton
The difficulty with the chinese names for me is the 'zh'... I bet most here would say it as it's spelt. However, in learning madarin (yes, I'm doing that slowly!), zh is more like 'ch' in western languages.... much like 'xia' is pronunced more like 'sha'... then add in the tones, and the family name before the given name...

Still, I'm having fun learning it, never really got into languages before!

爱得华 (ai de hua) = Edward :P
Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

easiest way to understand kv ratings is this: ignore them. too many factors in producing the numbers (voltage used, timing used, load used etc) for them to be of any use.

Compound that with dynamic timing speedos which increase rpm, and kv is even more meaningless than before.

One thought for the group here... many many pages of people talking software, firmware, motors, kv and not a single actual setup other than those posted by cherry !
Old 03-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_dono
easiest way to understand kv ratings is this: ignore them. too many factors in producing the numbers (voltage used, timing used, load used etc) for them to be of any use.

Compound that with dynamic timing speedos which increase rpm, and kv is even more meaningless than before.

One thought for the group here... many many pages of people talking software, firmware, motors, kv and not a single actual setup other than those posted by cherry !
hehe... I've got a setup would post... put given I haven't run it yet, don't want to! I have posted up the Mod settings I used though... :P

On the Delta / Star thing... GM are well known for using Star and Delta's within their range. The 4.5 and 5.5 are Star, whilst the 8.0T sits between the two, and is Delta (although it's name does actually say... 8.0T Delta!).

I do know that the 8.0t was a lot easier to drive than a 4.5t, seemed to have a smoother delivery. Can't say for sure whether that's more torque or more revs, as it was only a borrowed motor, and ran it one meeting.

But as has been covered, Star only for stock motors
Old 03-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TryHard
hehe... I've got a setup would post... put given I haven't run it yet, don't want to! I have posted up the Mod settings I used though... :P

On the Delta / Star thing... GM are well known for using Star and Delta's within their range. The 4.5 and 5.5 are Star, whilst the 8.0T sits between the two, and is Delta (although it's name does actually say... 8.0T Delta!).

I do know that the 8.0t was a lot easier to drive than a 4.5t, seemed to have a smoother delivery. Can't say for sure whether that's more torque or more revs, as it was only a borrowed motor, and ran it one meeting.

But as has been covered, Star only for stock motors
Hi ed, cn i had you mod setup? What fw and fdr you use?
Old 03-23-2011, 08:04 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
i will be there on friday...

I don't have the car yet as i have bought it second hand and i still need to pick it up . It would have set it up as a rain car for the nationals but if you are serious then you can borrow it for the time being...no problem.
I was talking about the outside track, not sure if you are also...
Indoor is closed on wednesdays....
Never mind, although it might be nice just to try pro 10 once.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

yup, i was talking about the outdoor track as well . My indoor car was emediatly shelfed after last indoor race .

I didn't get any practise yet, still waiting for some new lipo's. Will help someone with his car friday and wrench a little on my car as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.