R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2011, 04:18 PM   #3946
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
ha..ha you are joking aren't you angelo, it's there official on HW.

So... When is the RPM Log release, cant wait any longer friend..


OK, Irgo and I are going to join forces on this.


If its not possible to have an actual datalogger built into the speedo, would it be possible to atleast store key values such as Max Temp, Max Current and Max RPM ? Then we could use the LCD 2in1 to retreieve the data? The LCD coud have an ESC Settings List (like what you have now), and have a Retrieve Data List?

Reason for this, is a racer and I were discussing how to fine tune our cars in relation to how much boost to bring in at what RPM. Then we decided we didnt know the max RPM the car was hitting! We think its about 11000 rpm on the straight away (around 42km/h)


Cheers,
Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #3947
Tech Regular
 
darrenoakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dorset UK
Posts: 266
Default

Anyone know if there is a setup sheet available for the 211 fw? A link would be great.
__________________
Xray x11
Xray T3 011
darrenoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #3948
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
OK, Irgo and I are going to join forces on this.


If its not possible to have an actual datalogger built into the speedo, would it be possible to atleast store key values such as Max Temp, Max Current and Max RPM ? Then we could use the LCD 2in1 to retreieve the data? The LCD coud have an ESC Settings List (like what you have now), and have a Retrieve Data List?

Reason for this, is a racer and I were discussing how to fine tune our cars in relation to how much boost to bring in at what RPM. Then we decided we didnt know the max RPM the car was hitting! We think its about 11000 rpm on the straight away (around 42km/h)


Cheers,
Shawn.

Well Shawn that's exactly what i meant, visions since the first SuperCharge released.

now you do understand why it is important to be in esc firmware.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #3949
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenoakley View Post
Anyone know if there is a setup sheet available for the 211 fw? A link would be great.
speed passion hasnt released a new s/w version since the 1212. hobbywing has the 211. you may want to check the hobbywing site.
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 PM   #3950
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 515
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
speed passion hasnt released a new s/w version since the 1212. hobbywing has the 211. you may want to check the hobbywing site.
ooops, i was asked that uestion on a im,,,i sent it to the wrong thread...dont i feel foolish,,,,,
gdcopbdcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #3951
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Deleted
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-15-2011 at 05:52 AM.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #3952
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 72
Default

blost, i do like your design, but
i don't need one , because we can saved settings with hobbywing through
export, the only we need is to import settings, which is not available?
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #3953
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
OK, Irgo and I are going to join forces on this.


If its not possible to have an actual datalogger built into the speedo, would it be possible to atleast store key values such as Max Temp, Max Current and Max RPM ? Then we could use the LCD 2in1 to retreieve the data? The LCD coud have an ESC Settings List (like what you have now), and have a Retrieve Data List?

Reason for this, is a racer and I were discussing how to fine tune our cars in relation to how much boost to bring in at what RPM. Then we decided we didnt know the max RPM the car was hitting! We think its about 11000 rpm on the straight away (around 42km/h)


Cheers,
Shawn.
Again, still don't know why max RPM is useful.. as full boost will have been long added before then. But anyway, I've updated the speed chart to help a little.
Second tab, has a summary table of what speed should be achieved for a given rpm vs rollout (thereby removing gearing/tyres/etc from the equation). For 42kph, your rollout is going to need to be near 70mmpr if you think your only getting 11,000rpm.

HiH
Ed
Attached Files
File Type: zip Speed Chart.zip (29.3 KB, 113 views)
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 AM   #3954
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Again, still don't know why max RPM is useful.. as full boost will have been long added before then. But anyway, I've updated the speed chart to help a little.
Second tab, has a summary table of what speed should be achieved for a given rpm vs rollout (thereby removing gearing/tyres/etc from the equation). For 42kph, your rollout is going to need to be near 70mmpr if you think your only getting 11,000rpm.

HiH
Ed
do you have picture ? of this, i would not download it, if it's not necessary..
thanks , and what is this for ?
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:50 AM   #3955
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Deleted
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-24-2011 at 03:10 AM.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:09 AM   #3956
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
OK so you want me to delete it then?
OK will do it now.
Had a skinfull of this place .....
no, i think it would be great if i dont have to change settings, and add the setting sheet again,all the time, it just wasting time,
i want hobbywing interface as nice looking as your design,
and if i can import settings,
because in between running different firmware, i have the profile, but cant imported back. after flashing.
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:16 AM   #3957
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashrevolution View Post
do you have picture ? of this, i would not download it, if it's not necessary..
thanks , and what is this for ?
As requested... no one's forcing you to download it, it's there as a useful tool.
Use it to find out what speed your going (roughly) on the track, for a given rpm/gearing.
If you know your doing X mph on a certain corner (speed gun, datalooger etc), then can work the calculations back to figure out where best to set the boost start ramps and so on.

I've updated it now for both MPH and KPH

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-speed-chart-1.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-speed-chart-2.jpg  
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #3958
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
As requested... no one's forcing you to download it, it's there as a useful tool.
Use it to find out what speed your going (roughly) on the track, for a given rpm/gearing.
If you know your doing X mph on a certain corner (speed gun, datalooger etc), then can work the calculations back to figure out where best to set the boost start ramps and so on.

I've updated it now for both MPH and KPH

Ed
nice work.

and, why don't you add to calculate the Straight Length to achieved ?
so we can defined the straight track range to your Calculation.
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #3959
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denham Springs, LA
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

@TryHard: Very nice, useful spreadsheet. Thanks for uploading.
__________________
Search for "Mahamoti's FIRESALE" to see all my FS threads!
mahamoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #3960
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
OK, Irgo and I are going to join forces on this.


If its not possible to have an actual datalogger built into the speedo, would it be possible to atleast store key values such as Max Temp, Max Current and Max RPM ? Then we could use the LCD 2in1 to retreieve the data? The LCD coud have an ESC Settings List (like what you have now), and have a Retrieve Data List?

Reason for this, is a racer and I were discussing how to fine tune our cars in relation to how much boost to bring in at what RPM. Then we decided we didnt know the max RPM the car was hitting! We think its about 11000 rpm on the straight away (around 42km/h)


Cheers,
Shawn.
This is what we need RPM Data.
+1
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0