R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #3886
Tech Elite
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBagems View Post
Hi guys, I have decided to move from 21.5 to 13.5 and I want to try out the new Hobbywing motor, I will be running it with my Hobbywing Extreme Stock speedy.
Is there any different between these two motors?

Motor 1
Motor 2

Which one would be better for onroad racing?
they both look similar...ones blue ones silver....maybe same motor??
__________________
David Randall

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:21 AM   #3887
Tech Elite
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scytherat View Post
whats thedifference between 211 and 213.
i dont know..they look the same to me...so i just put the latest dated one on which is 213...
__________________
David Randall

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:26 AM   #3888
Tech Champion
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBagems View Post
Hi guys, I have decided to move from 21.5 to 13.5 and I want to try out the new Hobbywing motor, I will be running it with my Hobbywing Extreme Stock speedy.
Is there any different between these two motors?

Motor 1
Motor 2

Which one would be better for onroad racing?


It is the same motor. They are just available in two colours
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com ........... new website
cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #3889
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scytherat View Post
whats thedifference between 211 and 213.
Official release version is 211
__________________
Kuala Terengganu Rc Club Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=357083332025
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #3890
Tech Regular
 
stuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade072 View Post
i dont know..they look the same to me...so i just put the latest dated one on which is 213...
so where are you getting the 213 software from.
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:48 AM   #3891
Tech Elite
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
so where are you getting the 213 software from.

was on the v211 software update i installed today..
__________________
David Randall

AWESOMATIX A800X ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
ROCHE RAPIDE F1-16 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:50 AM   #3892
Tech Fanatic
 
BennyBagems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 774
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post


It is the same motor. They are just available in two colours
Cool, thanks Cannon, was just unsure because one ad says 2500kv and the other says 2700kv.
__________________
BMAX 4 III - YZ-2 - S350BE-1
Ryper Hobbies - AKA - Arrowmax Tools - Yokomo Australia
Vice President GOMCC - http://www.gomcc.com.au
BennyBagems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:04 AM   #3893
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 95
Default

I did some more testing with the 211Stock today.

Track: Newcastle / Sugar Valley
Car: Tamiya TB-03
Tyres: LRP-65052 27R
XeRun 60a / XeRun 17.5t
Intellect 2S 4000mah 20c
211 Stock
FDR 6.00:1
DDRS 4
#9 = 40
#12 = 16
#13 = 3000rpm
#14 = 0.3sec
#15 = 250

Avg Lap Time: 20.8sec (My personal best).


Track: Newcastle / Sugar Valley
Car: Tamiya TB-03
Tyres: LRP-65052 27R
XeRun 60a / XeRun 17.5t
Intellect 2S 4000mah 20c
211 Stock
FDR 5.77:1
DDRS 9
#9 = 40
#12 = 24
#13 = 3000rpm
#14 = 0.3sec
#15 = 250

Avg Lap Time: 21.1sec
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------

TB-03, M-03, M-04,M-05, TT-01, DF-03ra, TRF201, SCX10, Stampede
.---------------------------------------------------------------------
tdunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:57 AM   #3894
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,338
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunster View Post
I did some more testing with the 211Stock today.

Track: Newcastle / Sugar Valley
Car: Tamiya TB-03
Tyres: LRP-65052 27R
XeRun 60a / XeRun 17.5t
Intellect 2S 4000mah 20c
211 Stock
FDR 6.00:1
DDRS 4
#9 = 40
#12 = 16
#13 = 3000rpm
#14 = 0.3sec
#15 = 250

Avg Lap Time: 20.8sec (My personal best).


Track: Newcastle / Sugar Valley
Car: Tamiya TB-03
Tyres: LRP-65052 27R
XeRun 60a / XeRun 17.5t
Intellect 2S 4000mah 20c
211 Stock
FDR 5.77:1
DDRS 9
#9 = 40
#12 = 24
#13 = 3000rpm
#14 = 0.3sec
#15 = 250

Avg Lap Time: 21.1sec
What temps were you getting? Because I ran it with max achievable boost/turbo and my sp v3 17.5t was only around 40-50.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:13 AM   #3895
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
What temps were you getting? Because I ran it with max achievable boost/turbo and my sp v3 17.5t was only around 40-50.
I didn't measure the temps. However, it was not overly hot as I managed to make a pinion change after ten laps without burning my fingers.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------

TB-03, M-03, M-04,M-05, TT-01, DF-03ra, TRF201, SCX10, Stampede
.---------------------------------------------------------------------
tdunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #3896
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

is or has HW motors been submitted to ROAR for approval ?
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #3897
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBagems View Post
Cool, thanks Cannon, was just unsure because one ad says 2500kv and the other says 2700kv.
some result 10.5t on xtreme motor checker:

1. Xerun, 3527kv @ 28433rpm

2. Orca RX2, 3605kv @ 28841rpm (0 notch timing)

3. Tekin Redline, 3546kv @ 30858rpm (12deg is standard manufacturer)

4. Novak 2S, 3747kv @ 299983rpm (the other same motor give 36xxkv only)

this is the highest kv with full charge lipo batt (same batt)
zamrioo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #3898
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamrioo2 View Post
some result 10.5t on xtreme motor checker:

1. Xerun, 3527kv @ 28433rpm

2. Orca RX2, 3605kv @ 28841rpm (0 notch timing)

3. Tekin Redline, 3546kv @ 30858rpm (12deg is standard manufacturer)

4. Novak 2S, 3747kv @ 299983rpm (the other same motor give 36xxkv only)

this is the highest kv with full charge lipo batt (same batt)
,

anyone knows, SP or HW Motor, does had any temp sensor ?
and is HW xerun V2.0 Had Motor temp sensor ?
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #3899
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 678
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamrioo2 View Post
some result 10.5t on xtreme motor checker:

1. Xerun, 3527kv @ 28433rpm

2. Orca RX2, 3605kv @ 28841rpm (0 notch timing)

3. Tekin Redline, 3546kv @ 30858rpm (12deg is standard manufacturer)

4. Novak 2S, 3747kv @ 299983rpm (the other same motor give 36xxkv only)

this is the highest kv with full charge lipo batt (same batt)
is the novak ballistic or ss pro series?

that's a surprising test to find the novak in front
captain stacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #3900
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain stacker View Post
is the novak ballistic or ss pro series?

that's a surprising test to find the novak in front
ss pro capt... this motor seem 10'c cooler than other motor...
zamrioo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:43 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net