R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 03-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #3856
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_P View Post
Anyone else tried 211 with a SP GT2.0? Mine loaded on, worked but had no advance or turbo. Tried reloading twice and still the same, reloaded 119 and worked perfectly retried 211 still no advance/turbo
I know its not the sensor lead
Both my HW 1s's work perfectly with 211

Is this a new HW/SP thing?
always recalibrate when changing firmware !!
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #3857
Tech Initiate

Never had to before, I'll give it a go
Jay_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #3858
Tech Initiate

All ok until I changed the boost timing acceleration to 750rpm/deg

On 119 I was running with an SP 21.5
DDRS 9
9- 35deg
10- 24deg
12- 24deg
13-4000
14- 0.2
15- 750

With the same settings on 211 it would not boost/turbo, but with the factory settings it would

Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Jay_P; 03-12-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #3859
Tech Regular

I had the same problem earlier and it was ok after i turned my speedo off then back on after calibrating. What I was doing was calibrating then trying to run it without switching off then on. If anyone wants to try it it would prove its not just mine doing it.
Dont remember having to switch off and on before but this is a SP speedo this time.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #3860
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Deleted

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-24-2011 at 02:12 AM.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #3861
TEM
Tech Regular

Default NEED HELP BADLY!

SP GT2.0 pro esc. V3.0 13.5t motor, hobbywing LCD programming box.

Had 528 stock in there from last summer. was working last week.

Today I decided to install the newest hobbywing software. 1102??, I upgraded the program box first, did it twice cause the first time it hangs up. then I upgraded the firmware on the esc twice.

after calibrating the radio, when I give it throttle, the car wheels spin like I'm pressing 20% (weak humm). after reloading the software again, there was ONE TIME when I squeezed the throttle, I felt like the turbo came on and it was FAST for about 2 seconds and the motor slowed to a crawl. and if I squeezed the throttle, it remained slow forever..

I downgraded it to 518 cause 528 is not an option in the new HW software. Then when I squeezed it, still slow like i had a dead battery. (the battery is good of course). reloaded 518 again. now I get the beep beep.. pause... beep beep.. pause.. and my esc has no response..

is it dead? is there a fix?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:07 PM   #3862
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenoakley View Post
I had the same problem earlier and it was ok after i turned my speedo off then back on after calibrating. What I was doing was calibrating then trying to run it without switching off then on. If anyone wants to try it it would prove its not just mine doing it.
Dont remember having to switch off and on before but this is a SP speedo this time.
Ive redone the calibrating and is all ok, the problem is if I increase the dynamic timing acceleration to anything above 400rpm/deg the advance and turbo do not work. If set to 400 or less and it works fine
Old 03-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #3863
Tech Regular

I will be running tomorrow if the weather is good so will try it and report back mate.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #3864
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I am having trouble getting updates to load on my Hobbywing USB link. I currently have v1.62 and 518 software, and I would like to get the 119 and 211 software. The update window opens upon startup or I can get to it with the "help" tab, but when I click it I only get an "update fail" box.
burnineyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #3865
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
You do know you didnt answer my question right? And what did your team test?

Shawn.
some of test is :
simulate race test (common).
Performance test (recommended settings).
Performance test (standard local settings).
2S
and many more...
Old 03-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #3866
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Deleted

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-24-2011 at 02:12 AM.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:38 PM   #3867
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Just race the thing mate !!

wow cherry that was quick respond??
always' cherry always...

what's happen with Angelo,..??
Old 03-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #3868
Tech Elite

I would like to thank the customers that have emailed me and posted on the thread and demanded i come back for that i thank you.

I will sit in the background for now and watch from the outside.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:54 PM   #3869
Tech Elite

Getting away from esc's for today i have some info about servo's so the ones who are interested can learn something about all in r/c not just esc's and software .

Just a little background on servos as i know you have found the problem somewhere with your radio and servo's.

digital = faster as they use a microproccessor compared to the analogue that uses a mosfet amplifier ,

Digital uses more current because of coreless motors as well as brushless motors because the current is ready to fire before even a signal is applied .

They also are very problematic if the gears that are used have alot of slack between the teeth which will cause the servo to hunt for its centre position when a narrow deadband is programmed from factory so slack gear means on the servos return to centre it travesl at such a high speed that it will skip the deadzone thus causing hunting if the gears have slack .But in saying that a wider deadzone will solve the hunting but will cause the servo to have less performance as in speed etc but nothing the human feel or the eye can pick up anyway .

Some Manufacturers digital servos also don't work well with all radios as they design most of them with a different frequency which will cause glitching in different brands of radio as they design them for there own product and no one else's not all digital servo will work with all radios and what i mean is with performance and interference etc and that has alot to do with the bandwidth of the radio signal and the bandwitdh of the servo .Larger bandwith less performance and prone to other interference small bandwith more performance but less chance of interference .

were the Analogues when manufactured and designed properly with no flee market components are slower but dont have the massive current drain dont have the problems with deadzone issues with hunting ,slower but nothing really that the human eye can actually see but will work with all radios may it be 2.4ghz or 29mhz and are more reliable .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #3870
Tech Apprentice

Default Xerun V2.0 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Just race the thing mate !!
hi cherry, do you have video of how using 1S on Xerun V2.0 120A ?
flashrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote