Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SammyZ
thank you!
OK !
Old 03-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been mentioned over and over but im just getting ready to race 10.5 tomorrow from modified and just need this confirming

The 119 firmware does use steps? and not actual degrees?

I believed that 1 step = 1 degree? wrong ?

So 1 step = 0.66 actual degrees of timing?

Thanks to anyone who replies

Stefan C
Old 03-05-2011, 02:44 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
We have already gone through this before. As of right now, the last FW version that is available 0119 uses steps, and not actual degrees. Angelo previously in this forum apologized that the current manual created confusion, and does not actually represent the current FW accurately. The last released FW to use degrees is 1224.
Lets create some more confusion.
Ehh, I really thought that the 1224 max 46 was actually 60 real degrees!

Ps. Besides, I am running 0119 with 15deg Endbell, 60 Boost, 20 Turbo. 95 Deg? My motor would be running backwards.
60 is the total available timing, so 60 boost and 20 turbo will only make 60 total....
But I think 75 total timing is possible, only not when you apply it when the motor RPM is zero.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by M7H

60 is the total available timing, so 60 boost and 20 turbo will only make 60 total....
But I think 75 total timing is possible, only not when you apply it when the motor RPM is zero.
i like you M7H,

That's True Guys it's "60°" on version 3.0_110119
and what ever the timing is set to over 60 Steps ex:70, it's end is 60°
by completing the Priority it's the Boost first, or completing with the turbo if the full throttle is activated.
an excellent technologies that Michael build.

and Angelo have been showing the new 110211 (213)_STOCK Firmware
that it has "64°"

which is "4°" over timed than the theory 60°, it's a new secret.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
im asking about the difference because the sp13.5t with any settings under 50 o 55 boost is a donkey,when others with different brand motors are using about 30 to 35 boost leaving them with more turbo setting to play with.
does mean the hw would be the same?any suggestions.
because Your final Gear too small. try higher pinion.

is the firmware with the elogger out yet?
Angelo said it's implemented now.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flashrevolution

Angelo said it's implemented now.
I said no such thing ,what i said was michael is going to program a rpm log only for the esc soon .Not completed yet.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I said no such thing ,what i said was michael is going to program a rpm log only for the esc soon .Not completed yet.
whoops, sorry Angelo, you're not mad at me right

but that's a Great News!
thank's angelo.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
wow Nice!, Keep inform us the progress angelo,
Old 03-06-2011, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

im asking about the difference because the sp13.5t with any settings under 50 o 55 boost is a donkey,when others with different brand motors are using about 30 to 35 boost leaving them with more turbo setting to play with.
does mean the hw would be the same?any suggestions.
Originally Posted by flashrevolution
Done that and is slowwwwww,like I said anything under 50 does not perform atall. I will have to try s different motor maybe.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Addict

any of u guys experience this with 119 firmware?
i flashed my Xerun120A V2.0 with 119 firmware (did it twice as suggested here) and configured the settings to my preferences. after which i calibrated my Tx and ESC.
i noticed that when i run the car right after callibration, i sometimes would loose initial punch. the motor punch right after you pull the throttle would be significantly lower... turbo would later kick-in as u can really hear the motor screams but initial motor punch is really missing.
i believe its DRRS setting has been lost during calibration, coz when i reprogram the ESC with the LCD programmer by just setting the DRRS to my preferred value (DRRS = 8), the initial punch returns...
just want ur thoughts or have you experience this on your set-ups?
Old 03-06-2011, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
any of u guys experience this with 119 firmware?
i flashed my Xerun120A V2.0 with 119 firmware (did it twice as suggested here) and configured the settings to my preferences. after which i calibrated my Tx and ESC.
i noticed that when i run the car right after callibration, i sometimes would loose initial punch. the motor punch right after you pull the throttle would be significantly lower... turbo would later kick-in as u can really hear the motor screams but initial motor punch is really missing.
i believe its DRRS setting has been lost during calibration, coz when i reprogram the ESC with the LCD programmer by just setting the DRRS to my preferred value (DRRS = 8), the initial punch returns...
just want ur thoughts or have you experience this on your set-ups?
I think it's just the voltage in your lipo dropping and thus not getting the same level of punch as a freshly charged lipo.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by defcone
I think it's just the voltage in your lipo dropping and thus not getting the same level of punch as a freshly charged lipo.
nope, i think batt voltage is not the cause. i replicated the problem and did it on my table with a newly charged batt, did not run the car on track. same thing happened. the turbo still screams but the initial punch was missing. programmed it to DRRS=8, and punch was back again.
i'll monitor this particular esc if it runs funny...
Old 03-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Samll query here ...

I installed my ESC + Motor from Hobbywing, updated software, selected 508 no timing version as i will be racing 8.5 stock BUT the led in neutral is not blinking as supossed to be for legality checking ...

Power is great no turbo nothing, but if i go to tech, will not pass because of the non blinking led (an alternative is to go with program box and show to tech guys to check through that) ...

Any tip ?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

have you recalibrated the esc after installing the firmware ?
Old 03-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H

Didnt think that would slip past you, you are correct. However, I have run 75 degrees on a motor, and it slowed the motor down, and created alot of heat. I left the Novak at N (30) and ran the 46deg from the 1224 software, motor was dead slow, and created alot of heat. I should have probably run the overheat protection.. Oh well.

Shawn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.