R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #3331
Tech Regular
 
cliffhanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 440
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

thanks for help it's working
__________________
DESC210R ● DEX210 ● DEST210R

Team Durango ● Team Hobbywing NA ● Team DE Racing ● Team Panther
cliffhanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #3332
Tech Addict
 
venom54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aspendale
Posts: 576
Default 119 528 MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
thanks for help it's working
You're very welcome.

Cheers

Ren
__________________
Play hard but be nice to your parents!
VBC RACING|ASSOCIATED|XRAY|TEAM POWERS|THUNDER TIGER|HOBBYWING|HPI|WTF FANS|ORION AND MORE IN STORE.
145 COMO PARADE EAST 3195 PARKDALE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:26 AM   #3333
Tech Adept
 
millbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Hello guys I'm testing the new engines Xerun, 10.5 and 17.5, FW 119STOCK, with touring, while 10.5 is a fantastic result in terms of performance and low temperatures and is superior to other engines I tested (Novak, GM) 17.5 does not seem to be level, low acceleration and high temeratures, compared to my other engines (Novak, GM, Feigao).
Is there someone else who is testing the 17.5 Xerun?
If so what are your impressions and its settings?
I am trying the 13.5 h/w and the 17.5 h/w and like you have found the 17.5 to be a bit weak in the torque. The 13.5 is awsome tho. I've used 119 and 518 with the 17.5 and found that although the motor was better with the 518 software it was still no where near as good as my lrp x12 or my Novak ballistic.
I am also testing a dodgy speedo for a friend as his keeps going into sensorless mode. Fine on the bench but as soon as the motor was under load it would switch to sensorless mode. I will try a new motor and roll back the software to 518 as I know of atleast 3 people that have had this issue since moving to the 119 software on the older 60 amp speedo's.
__________________
Xray T2009 / hobbywing v3 120amp /LRP x12 6.5 / wet car
Xray t4'14 / Hobbywing v3 120amp / 13.5/ boost car
Xray t4'15 / Orca Vxx / Orca Rx3 17.5 / blinky car
TEAM DRIVER FOR MMR FLUX
millbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:57 AM   #3334
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,208
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Hello guys I'm testing the new engines Xerun, 10.5 and 17.5, FW 119STOCK, with touring, while 10.5 is a fantastic result in terms of performance and low temperatures and is superior to other engines I tested (Novak, GM) 17.5 does not seem to be level, low acceleration and high temeratures, compared to my other engines (Novak, GM, Feigao).
Is there someone else who is testing the 17.5 Xerun?
If so what are your impressions and its settings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by millbank View Post
I am trying the 13.5 h/w and the 17.5 h/w and like you have found the 17.5 to be a bit weak in the torque. The 13.5 is awsome tho. I've used 119 and 518 with the 17.5 and found that although the motor was better with the 518 software it was still no where near as good as my lrp x12 or my Novak ballistic.
I am also testing a dodgy speedo for a friend as his keeps going into sensorless mode. Fine on the bench but as soon as the motor was under load it would switch to sensorless mode. I will try a new motor and roll back the software to 518 as I know of atleast 3 people that have had this issue since moving to the 119 software on the older 60 amp speedo's.
Good to hear the 10.5 could be good, not so good the 17.5, I ordered a 10.5 (though still waiting on shipping conformation), was considering getting a 17.5, though mine will both be run zero timed...

Keep in mind, and it's something that worried me a little looking at the specs, the HW range all have very low KV ratings, like 1000kv less than half the other brands, and possibly the lowest I have seen anywhere, this could just be a sign they are aimed purely at the dynamic timed market I guess, me having bought for zero timed could be in more trouble.

In terms of new motors out, I'm also going to be keen to try the new steel can SP motors, they could be interesting, maybe not for outright poke, but cheap control motor like the HW maybe.
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #3335
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Come up with 17.5 and 13.5 set to Real Zero Fixed Timing running with V3.0_110119MOD
you won't believe that you will Get a lot's of Torque.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #3336
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by millbank View Post
I am trying the 13.5 h/w and the 17.5 h/w and like you have found the 17.5 to be a bit weak in the torque. The 13.5 is awsome tho. I've used 119 and 518 with the 17.5 and found that although the motor was better with the 518 software it was still no where near as good as my lrp x12 or my Novak ballistic.
I am also testing a dodgy speedo for a friend as his keeps going into sensorless mode. Fine on the bench but as soon as the motor was under load it would switch to sensorless mode. I will try a new motor and roll back the software to 518 as I know of atleast 3 people that have had this issue since moving to the 119 software on the older 60 amp speedo's.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
Good to hear the 10.5 could be good, not so good the 17.5, I ordered a 10.5 (though still waiting on shipping conformation), was considering getting a 17.5, though mine will both be run zero timed...

Keep in mind, and it's something that worried me a little looking at the specs, the HW range all have very low KV ratings, like 1000kv less than half the other brands, and possibly the lowest I have seen anywhere, this could just be a sign they are aimed purely at the dynamic timed market I guess, me having bought for zero timed could be in more trouble.

In terms of new motors out, I'm also going to be keen to try the new steel can SP motors, they could be interesting, maybe not for outright poke, but cheap control motor like the HW maybe.
The Xerun 10.5 is really awesome, linear torque, high speed and low temperatures, works well with supercharged software, in contrary the LRP X12 that does not work well with supercharged, too much heat.
Returning to Xerun 17.5 I found that too little torque, at least until yesterday, I did some tests playing with the degree of control and I found this setup.

For small track

FDR 6.5

4 - 9
9 - 50
10 - 4
12 - 10
13 - 4000rpm
14 - 2
15 - 250rpm/degree

With this setting the engine seems to improve acceleration and the temperatures were low.
Soon I'll try other settings in the fast track, I will keep you informed
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:05 AM   #3337
Tech Regular
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W
Default

Can we have some more feedback on the hw 13.5t please speedo setting a fdr please
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:09 AM   #3338
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
The Xerun 10.5 is really awesome, linear torque, high speed and low temperatures, works well with supercharged software, in contrary the LRP X12 that does not work well with supercharged, too much heat.
Returning to Xerun 17.5 I found that too little torque, at least until yesterday, I did some tests playing with the degree of control and I found this setup.

For small track

FDR 6.5

4 - 9
9 - 50
10 - 4
12 - 10
13 - 4000rpm
14 - 2
15 - 250rpm/degree

With this setting the engine seems to improve acceleration and the temperatures were low.
Soon I'll try other settings in the fast track, I will keep you informed
Could you post your setup with your 10.5t xerun and the new software?
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:10 AM   #3339
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Essex uk
Posts: 93
Default

Hi, i run the hobbywing xerun 13.5 ,in the manual it says these are fixed timing, does anyone know what the static timing is fixed to on these motors. mine seems to run hot on medium settings to hot to touch after 5 mins. i run on a small track 24x12 m fdr 8.8
vwvrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #3340
Tech Addict
 
AGNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Firenze Italy
Posts: 609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
Could you post your setup with your 10.5t xerun and the new software?
yes of course, I found this setup very good for a track medium large.

Xerun 10.5

FW 119STOCK

FDR 6,5

4 - 5
9 - 35
10 - 4
12 - 15
13 - 6000rpm
14 - 3
15 - 500
__________________
Team GMV / RC electric AS Laurenziana
Hot Bodies TCXX - HW Xerun - IP - Spec-R
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #3341
Tech Adept
 
millbank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwvrt View Post
Hi, i run the hobbywing xerun 13.5 ,in the manual it says these are fixed timing, does anyone know what the static timing is fixed to on these motors. mine seems to run hot on medium settings to hot to touch after 5 mins. i run on a small track 24x12 m fdr 8.8
seriously too hot to touch......
i run mine to 70 degrees most of the time and have had no issues with power loss. get a temp gun and monitor the temp more accurately than touch. 50 degrees is too hot to touch but is not too hot for the motor.motors are fixed at 0 degrees to be used best with fly timing speedo's.
__________________
Xray T2009 / hobbywing v3 120amp /LRP x12 6.5 / wet car
Xray t4'14 / Hobbywing v3 120amp / 13.5/ boost car
Xray t4'15 / Orca Vxx / Orca Rx3 17.5 / blinky car
TEAM DRIVER FOR MMR FLUX
millbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #3342
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: West London, England
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by millbank View Post

I am also testing a dodgy speedo for a friend as his keeps going into sensorless mode. Fine on the bench but as soon as the motor was under load it would switch to sensorless mode. I will try a new motor and roll back the software to 518 as I know of atleast 3 people that have had this issue since moving to the 119 software on the older 60 amp speedo's.
Hi, I had this with a 60A Xerun at the end of last summer season with the previous software. Although I haven't raced yet this year(Track being refurbished), setting the Low Volt cutoff to 2.8v seems to have cured it, at least for my practice sessions.

John
toms dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #3343
njt
Tech Apprentice
 
njt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Heath Hayes
Posts: 70
Default

Is it possible to run a brushed motor with the 60 amp xerun speedo, my F1 class has some new different rules
njt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #3344
Tech Addict
 
cherry2blost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London
Posts: 713
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njt View Post
Is it possible to run a brushed motor with the 60 amp xerun speedo, my F1 class has some new different rules
Short answer is...........

No
__________________
Tamiya TA05 Ver II, Hobbywing 13.5T, KO PROPO PDS-2501 ICS, Eagle Racing 6000 65C LiPo, Hobbywing XTREME STOCK 518/213) Sanwa/Airtronics MT4 2.4G Radio.
www.racersinexile.org.uk | 'Official Certified' UK/Euro Importer for the Hobbywing XERUN Series Equipment We ship the world !!!| Quote code 'cherry' for 10% discount on our Web Store.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #3345
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 234
Default

Anyone got anymore ideas about why my xtreme stock goes into sensorless mode andgets no full throttle light after 1/2 a lap, running a nosram storm x11 10.5 with a nearly new full charged gm 5000 35c battery. HAve changed sensor leads, batteries, now wondering if its the motor, any ideas. Thanks
scytherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0