R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 02-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #3301
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pettyeagles View Post
Has any one tried one of these in for WGT or 1/12?
http://www.hobbyhot.com/xerun-blue-b...d-pr-2699.html

Are they as good as the 2s Hobbywing Esc's? Is there somewhere in the US I can get one?
Does anyone know who stocks these in the US?
Traxxas Slash(x2), 4x4 Slash VXL, Vendetta SC/ST
Axial SCX10, Axial Yeti, G-Made/AX10, Losi Micro Crawler, Sakura D3 CS(x2)
pettyeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #3302
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scytherat View Post
Can anyone shed any light on my problem i had on sunday racing. First race the car was alot slower than usual, e.g no boost/ timing advance, So i though maybe its the sensor lead, changed the lead and cleaned the motor out. Also put a better battery in just incase it was that, was fine for 1/2 a lap then went slow again, checked the lights on the esc and it flashes green in neutral, I believe this is overheat warning light, but it cant be too hot as only done half a lap.lol. Any ideas what would cause this?? Hoping its not the esc as its only 5 months old
This what was happening to me too and I switch off esc and turn back on all was fine, for the rest of the race, this only happen at the start.
Check car of tonight and couldn't get the speedo to do this again, flash on 0119 tonight as well see how thus goes at the weekend.
matt prigmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #3303
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
There were some issues with the SP sensor boards in earlier posts on the SP thread, people were having to replace them as they were blowing, also remember if you run a motor up to full revs unloaded you run the risk of blowing the sensor board on ANY motor.
Cheers Cherry, but this is not a motor issue or a sensor wire issue. I have tried two different motors and 3 sensor wires with the dodgy speedo. I have since used both motors without issue with two further speedos, a Novak GTB and an Xtreme stock. I race on a small ~15x15m track and tend to run without boost. neither motor has ever been too hot to touch, usually finishing races at about 40 celsius. Could it be related to low voltage or high temperature cutoff?
Rocking Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #3304
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt prigmore View Post
This what was happening to me too and I switch off esc and turn back on all was fine, for the rest of the race, this only happen at the start.
Check car of tonight and couldn't get the speedo to do this again, flash on 0119 tonight as well see how thus goes at the weekend.
Mines a little different, even if you turn it off an d on again it will do another half a lap then go back to slow mode again. Ur not far away from me. Im in Norwich Norfolk. Where do u race??
scytherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #3305
Tech Addict

Quote:
Does anyone know who stocks these in the US?
Available from ourselves if you require.

120A 1S

These include the LCD control box in the price.

Cheers

Ren
www.rabhobbies.com.au

Last edited by venom54; 02-22-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Addition to detail.
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #3306
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom54 View Post
Available from ourselves if you require.

120A 1S

These include the LCD control box in the price.

Cheers

Ren
How much shipped to the USA?
Traxxas Slash(x2), 4x4 Slash VXL, Vendetta SC/ST
Axial SCX10, Axial Yeti, G-Made/AX10, Losi Micro Crawler, Sakura D3 CS(x2)
pettyeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #3307
Tech Addict

Default 120A 1S

Quote:
How much shipped to the USA?
You have PM

Cheers

Ren
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #3308
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looks like sp uploaded the no timing software esc setup for the timing one as well.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #3309
Tech Initiate

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt prigmore View Post
Last at racing I experience the esc going onto a sensorless state twice on the start grid, in practice the car was fine but when I started a racing using full throttle the car when into this mode whitch I then had to switch the car on and of and all was fine.

I have change the sensor lead, strip motor and cleaned.

One thing I have notice for some reason I'd set the volt cut off at 3.2v per cell would this have cause this to happen.
Lrp 5900 50c ten charges old and running 1224 software and Sp v3 13.5.
All opinions welcome
Thanks matt
Hi Matt,
I have four of these 60A HW esc in four cars [two for me and two for my son]. I had no problems until the fourth race when the one car slowed , then speeded up and slowed etc. It was flashing green in neutral. the motor was 30oC! On the bench it would occasionally do this but sometimes not!! It seemed to be more likely to happen with a partially charged lipo than a fully charged one. I rebound the esc to the tranny [ neutral full throttle etc] and this seemed to cure it. I've disabled the lipo cut off and always use a fully charged pack. On 20 runs it then happened only once, but, I'm still unsure why! Motor temps never over 45oC
Really annoying as if I can only use a fully charged pack the remaining capacity of the 5900 LRP is a waste of money!!

Been thru countless sensor wires..makes no difference. Changed motors...no difference with make or 17.5 or 13.5t.

There's a bug there somewhere!

Dave
MENTAL DENTAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:05 AM   #3310
Tech Rookie

I seem 2 be having the same problems were u'll be fine one minute the loss of all power the next !!! but my biggest problem at the minute is since loading 119 software my negative battery site keeps desoldering please somebody help !!!!!
morgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #3311
Tech Addict

Default 17.5 Xerun

Hello guys I'm testing the new engines Xerun, 10.5 and 17.5, FW 119STOCK, with touring, while 10.5 is a fantastic result in terms of performance and low temperatures and is superior to other engines I tested (Novak, GM) 17.5 does not seem to be level, low acceleration and high temeratures, compared to my other engines (Novak, GM, Feigao).
Is there someone else who is testing the 17.5 Xerun?
If so what are your impressions and its settings?
Old 02-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #3312
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Hello guys I'm testing the new engines Xerun, 10.5 and 17.5, FW 119STOCK, with touring, while 10.5 is a fantastic result in terms of performance and low temperatures and is superior to other engines I tested (Novak, GM) 17.5 does not seem to be level, low acceleration and high temeratures, compared to my other engines (Novak, GM, Feigao).
Is there someone else who is testing the 17.5 Xerun?
If so what are your impressions and its settings?
I'm only a rookie but I will post some info anyway.

My current settings are:

Tamiya TB-03 (Spool on front and ball diff on rear).
FDR 6.00:1
XeRun 60a FWare 119STOCK
Xerun 17.5
DRRS 4
Boost 32
Turbo slope 18
Start RPM 4000
Turbo 24
Delay 0.3
Timing Acc 350

Good acceleration, no heat issues and good top end. Based on times I'm probably middle of the pack but that's more to do with my lack of skill than the car.

TB-03, M-03, M-04,M-05, TT-01, DF-03ra, TRF201, SCX10, Stampede
.---------------------------------------------------------------------
tdunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #3313
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgy View Post
I seem 2 be having the same problems were u'll be fine one minute the loss of all power the next !!! but my biggest problem at the minute is since loading 119 software my negative battery site keeps desoldering please somebody help !!!!!
Try going back to 518 and see if your problems go away. I'll wager they do.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:06 AM   #3314
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Try going back to 518 and see if your problems go away. I'll wager they do.
Is quite possible they will sosidge. But that's not addressing the intermittent nature of the problem. Is it to do with the interaction between different motors/batteries/radios/gearing/driving style or is it a software issue?

Reason I say this, before I get accused of denials etc, is that we are seeing this from a number of people however we are also NOT seeing the problem with numbers of people?

I just wonder if it is an interactive issue rather than a software one as I and the many people I run with who have taken the XS from me have not come across this issue YET !

MY only issue, which may be down to a damaged ESC is with reverse, when I run in reverse, then go into forward the car will not move as if it is cogging then it leaps off as normal and is fine until I use reverse again. Think this my be down to a damaged ESC as it does it with 107, 109 422, 518 and 0119. Guessing have abused this one maybe too far.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:20 AM   #3315
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Is quite possible they will sosidge. But that's not addressing the intermittent nature of the problem. Is it to do with the interaction between different motors/batteries/radios/gearing/driving style or is it a software issue?

Reason I say this, before I get accused of denials etc, is that we are seeing this from a number of people however we are also NOT seeing the problem with numbers of people?

I just wonder if it is an interactive issue rather than a software one as I and the many people I run with who have taken the XS from me have not come across this issue YET !

MY only issue, which may be down to a damaged ESC is with reverse, when I run in reverse, then go into forward the car will not move as if it is cogging then it leaps off as normal and is fine until I use reverse again. Think this my be down to a damaged ESC as it does it with 107, 109 422, 518 and 0119. Guessing have abused this one maybe too far.
i'm using the following setup Cherry

Motor - LRP X12 with 4dot insert (-10)
ESC - HW Xtreme
Batterys - LRP 5900 50c or Core rc 5000 25c (tried both)
Radio gear - ko-propo ex10 helios 40mhz
Track - Ardent Raceway
FDR - 7.80

DDRS - 7
Boost timing - 22deg
Turbo slope - 12
Turbo timing - 22deg
Start rpm - 5000
Turbo delay - 0.1sec
Timing acc - 400

hopefully this will shed some light on it ??
morgy is offline   Reply With Quote