R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 02-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #3226
Tech Adept

8 Jan 2011 / post 2118 / pg 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi guys just a little tease Hobbywing is working on something new its is an esc and will be a must have item when released but thats all i can say for now ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWTF View Post
Will this speedy be for 1/10 also? Im needing another speedy... I race 17.5 boosted and Mod so i like a speedy that does both (the 120a) ...
Quote:
yes it will be for 1/10th its about 6 months away though ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
Have also been thinking of getting a second ESC as backup, was going to get the v2.1 120a ... Anything else you can let us in on ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWTF View Post
What a tease! Come on Angelo, some more info

10 Jan 2011 / post 2215 / pg 148

Quote:
... Believe me id love to tell you more ... Give me a month and we will see how it all pans out all i have to say it will be way above the rest ...

Today is already 18 Feb, just a reminder Cobra ...
Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #3227
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nope being thick they are 6 pole lol

Last edited by cherry2blost; 02-18-2011 at 08:05 AM.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #3228
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Postman just delivered my new toy, oooooh I can feel the geekness through the packaging.........

Will be having them on our website as soon as possible, complete kit, Logger, Software, 2 temps sensors and the Brushless motor hall sensor module all in for 79.99

If you want one before I get the details on the website pm me will sort it out for you, thought these would make an awesome addition to the Hobbywing/Racers in Exile Stable of products.

Not the Novak Sentry BTW much much much more expandable, fancy GPS tracking? or G sensors?, WiFi for on the fly readings to a laptop?? heh heh heh let the Geekness

C O M M E N C E !!!!
Hey Cherry,

If its the one you posted a link too, then it seems to be very similar to the Eagle tree I ran before... it was good, loved the fact that with one of the expanders you could have a remote screen for live updates whilst on track (although, trying to read that whilst driving proved, umm, problamatic!!).
Biggest issues I had were that the logging rate was a little low (only 0.1s), and the magnetic RPM sensor was a little temprimental. I also had software issues that did not like Win7 (couldn't save data and look at it later!!)... but otherwise was a very useful tool.

Link to my old install... Eagle Tree System Bit messy, but got the data!

Ed
Old 02-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #3229
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Hey Cherry,

If its the one you posted a link too, then it seems to be very similar to the Eagle tree I ran before... it was good, loved the fact that with one of the expanders you could have a remote screen for live updates whilst on track (although, trying to read that whilst driving proved, umm, problamatic!!).
Biggest issues I had were that the logging rate was a little low (only 0.1s), and the magnetic RPM sensor was a little temprimental. I also had software issues that did not like Win7 (couldn't save data and look at it later!!)... but otherwise was a very useful tool.

Link to my old install... Eagle Tree System Bit messy, but got the data!

Ed
It is the Eagle tree, now updated for Windows 7 64bit/32bit, also now has 1,000,000 readings memory and upto 50 readings per sensor per second.

Awesome bit of kit though
Old 02-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #3230
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So how good are the new Xerun motors?, I just managed to cook a SP 10.5T, so now will need a new motor asap, not sure how I managed to cook the SP though, we are trying a new zero timing 10.5T class, the SP fried at the end of my first 6min heat, two motor wires actually un-soldered themselves, probally would have been running a 5 fdr or so.

Anyway, only kind of wtf with the new HW motor, they are listed at 3300kv or something compared to 3800 for the SP?, killing the SP was maybe not so bad, cause we are thinking maybe the HW may be a better control motor, cheap and no timing on the end bell.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:54 AM   #3231
Tech Master

Hey Guys,
Running a hobbywing 1S in 12th scale and I have no brakes at all. Thought it may have been the initial transmitter set up but rebound and did the calibration and no better. This isn't a deal breaker but it is nice to be able to grid the car and stop on spot without rolling past the mark.

Later,
Chuck
Old 02-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #3232
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
It is the Eagle tree, now updated for Windows 7 64bit/32bit, also now has 1,000,000 readings memory and upto 50 readings per sensor per second.

Awesome bit of kit though
Cool, is a very clever bit of kit. I'll have to bring mine back out with me when I next visit the UK.. reason I stopped using it was because of the software issue.

Ed
Old 02-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #3233
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Hey Guys,
Running a hobbywing 1S in 12th scale and I have no brakes at all. Thought it may have been the initial transmitter set up but rebound and did the calibration and no better. This isn't a deal breaker but it is nice to be able to grid the car and stop on spot without rolling past the mark.

Later,
Chuck
Reverse set to 100%, ?
Brakes set to 100%?
ABS on Transmitter turned OFF when calibrating?
4 Part Power Cap?
Reflash Firmware TWICE?

Try those buddy

Cherry
xx
Old 02-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #3234
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
So how good are the new Xerun motors?, I just managed to cook a SP 10.5T, so now will need a new motor asap, not sure how I managed to cook the SP though, we are trying a new zero timing 10.5T class, the SP fried at the end of my first 6min heat, two motor wires actually un-soldered themselves, probally would have been running a 5 fdr or so.

Anyway, only kind of wtf with the new HW motor, they are listed at 3300kv or something compared to 3800 for the SP?, killing the SP was maybe not so bad, cause we are thinking maybe the HW may be a better control motor, cheap and no timing on the end bell.
The only reason kv figures vary is due to the amount of pre timing on the motors, was a terrible cheat tbh as these were supposed to replace the old fixed timing stock motors.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #3235
Tech Master

Quote:
Reverse set to 100%, ?
Brakes set to 100%?
ABS on Transmitter turned OFF when calibrating?
4 Part Power Cap?
Reflash Firmware TWICE?

Try those buddy

Cherry
xx
Thx. I'll give those a shot.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:59 AM   #3236
Tech Initiate

I have as HobbyWing 2-in-1 program box. At present it has Hardware version HW310 V1.0 and software version V1.06_100617. I am trying to update the program box to one of the new software versions but get an error message that it cannot be updated to this version. Is this a hardware thing, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Ben
Rocking Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #3237
Tech Elite

Quote:
The only reason kv figures vary is due to the amount of pre timing on the motors, was a terrible cheat tbh as these were supposed to replace the old fixed timing stock motors.
So does than suggest the SP runs a fair amount of pre timing, with the HW running a lot less?.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #3238
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
To my old friend Irgo, you asked I deliver, now how soon will you be placing an order for your long awaited Data Logger?
G thanks cherry you've been very nice.
i should say it's an sentry rival, but not kinetic rival,
still expecting reading rpm from esc directly,its the only choice.
we don't like additional weight.

Lonestar here's your links
http://www.hobbywing.com/english/downloads.asp

USB Link Software (11/1/19)(2008/10/14) at bottom
Old 02-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #3239
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey View Post
I have as HobbyWing 2-in-1 program box. At present it has Hardware version HW310 V1.0 and software version V1.06_100617. I am trying to update the program box to one of the new software versions but get an error message that it cannot be updated to this version. Is this a hardware thing, or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Ben
Solved my own problem by rolling back to software version 1.02 first
Rocking Donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #3240
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
G thanks cherry you've been very nice.
i should say it's an sentry rival, but not kinetic rival,
still expecting reading rpm from esc directly,its the only choice.
we don't like additional weight.

Lonestar here's your links
http://www.hobbywing.com/english/downloads.asp

USB Link Software (11/1/19)(2008/10/14) at bottom
Gee now that's a surprise