R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 02-14-2011, 02:52 AM   #3106
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
new zealand national champs? how many guys showed up, 6?

And for the comments made on this post.

Come on guys, lighten up....
Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 AM   #3107
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
What an a-hole.
World revolves around you mate.
167 cars
Well 167 cars is a hell of a lot more then we had during our nationals last year. We had roughly 20-25 touringcars and roughly 7 pro10 drivers. Pretty weak show if you ask me.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:42 AM   #3108
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Just to clarify,when I say I am running 15 deg timing, that is 15 actual degrees. (so I am minus 15 from the N).

So with 1224 Fw I was running 15deg (End bell) 38 deg boost, and 8 deg Turbo. When I moved the timing (end bell) to 5 deg on the motor, it started to cog.

Shawn
that would be a great Calibration the closest to the real Zero the better,
Initial Cog is the indication, that Software mixed Fixed Timing meet's the real Zero, you might want to try 6 Deg.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #3109
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
that would be a great Calibration the closest to the real Zero the better,
Initial Cog is the indication, that Software mixed Fixed Timing meet's the real Zero, you might want to try 6 Deg.
Yes, but then I dont get close to the 60 deg timing mark on the highend. 46 Max dynamic timing.

I might try lowering the timiing say another 5 deg to 10deg endbell, for a total timing of 55, then gearing it up from there. Didnt have much of a chance to play with settings as last weekend I was having some major chassis issues.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #3110
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack2 View Post
people like you, is the reason the rest of the world hates america and its people. ever heard the expression "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all? obviously not.
One guy makes a generalization about New Zealand and offended reader uses the generalization about the world hating America and it's residents as a rebuttal. Oh the irony. Anyway, what did Canada and Mexico, or Brazil do to piss of the world so much or did you mean to say USA?

Now instead of taking shots at fellow RC drivers worldwide can we get back on track and discuss these great speed controllers?
Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #3111
Tech Adept

Default rumours at the racetrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Which bugs where those? I have been running 0119 since it came out, and I am going to be switching back to 1224 for next week. Its better FW IMHO.

Shawn
I heard this from a person who has a 120a xerun (like mine) and had tried it out, but it may well have been a motor issue, if what you are saying is right - ie no glitches etc.

Out of interest - which is the smoothest firmware? I am talking about transition too and from turbo
Lohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #3112
Tech Adept

HAd a look through my settings today after my lack of braking sunday and my initial braking is set to 0%, What do others run this at. Thanks
scytherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #3113
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scytherat View Post
HAd a look through my settings today after my lack of braking sunday and my initial braking is set to 0%, What do others run this at. Thanks
I run mine at 40% and the brakes are excellent.
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #3114
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Exactly - thank you... Now where can one get a Xerun 120a 1s in the states or to the states that will not take 2-4 weeks for delivery? I found them on ebay for $117 shipped but the delivery is too long... Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Now instead of taking shots at fellow RC drivers worldwide can we get back on track and discuss these great speed controllers?

Not Sponsored by:
Viper | Tekin | Trinity | Serpent | Durango | Gravity RC | Pro-Line | Radiopost
SNIPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #3115
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPR View Post
Exactly - thank you... Now where can one get a Xerun 120a 1s in the states or to the states that will not take 2-4 weeks for delivery? I found them on ebay for $117 shipped but the delivery is too long... Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated!!!
Got my 1S through ebay. Sorry, I had to wait a few weeks also.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #3116
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just curious...

How much timing do the new HobbyWing motors have on them? Seeing as how they are fixed i was just curious. I ran one the other day (17.5) and it seemed to get hot quickly....
Old 02-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #3117
Tech Adept

I've been running the 17.5 hobbywing motor with the 119 software and have found if i try to run boost at 60 with a start rpm of 1000 and ramp at 750 the motor cogs so badly that its undrivable. I also found that the motor is lacking in torque low down in the rev range but has the top speed to match other motors in this class. i switched from an lrp x12 to the hobbywing hoping to take on the tekins but even after lots of testing with different settings i can't get near them in the infield due to their extra punch. Before people start saying it maybe that they are better drivers and its not all down to the motor i have beaten the other drivers on many occasions and recently have been following them on the track and have been taking almost identical lines and they just drive away from me since i started using the hobbywing.
has anyone else had issues with the 119 software?
I also run the 13.5 hobbywing and this seems very very good as it has less torque but the same speed making it even easier to drive and soooo much faster.
I am fully backing the hobbywing esc and motors as i do believe that they are possibly the best on the market and with the backroom support, the best i've ever known i will be a hobbywing supporter for many years to come.
TEAM DRIVER FOR MMR FLUX
millbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #3118
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by millbank View Post
I've been running the 17.5 hobbywing motor with the 119 software and have found if i try to run boost at 60 with a start rpm of 1000 and ramp at 750 the motor cogs so badly that its undrivable. I also found that the motor is lacking in torque low down in the rev range but has the top speed to match other motors in this class. i switched from an lrp x12 to the hobbywing hoping to take on the tekins but even after lots of testing with different settings i can't get near them in the infield due to their extra punch. Before people start saying it maybe that they are better drivers and its not all down to the motor i have beaten the other drivers on many occasions and recently have been following them on the track and have been taking almost identical lines and they just drive away from me since i started using the hobbywing.
I also run the 13.5 hobbywing and this seems very very good as it has less torque but the same speed making it even easier to drive and soooo much faster.
I am fully backing the hobbywing esc and motors as i do believe that they are possibly the best on the market and with the backroom support, the best i've ever known i will be a hobbywing supporter for many years to come.
I have more or less the same feeling about 119. I certainly haven't found the driveability with it that I had with 518.

The very bottom end is dead. The midrange to turbo area is very fast, especially if you run 50 boost and the rest as turbo.

I was having a rough time at the CWIC over the weekend (I think you and I race at the same series?) and decided to take all the timing off the ESC and run a big pinion. The bottom end was a lot better although total power was naturally down which cost me.

If I had the time (and I'm not sure I do) I would approach the ESC setup from a different angle - big pinion to use the motors natural torque to get out of the corners, then smaller amounts of boost and turbo to get the top end without overheating the motor.

I run the SP 13.5 motor by the way.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #3119
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by millbank View Post
What were your other settings? The thing is that 1000 start rpm seems to be way too low for a 17.5t (2s lipo in a touringcar? you didn't mention what class). Also 60 boost? Was this just an experiment to see how far you could go before blowing up a motor? Not attacking your setup skills, just curious.
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #3120
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
I have more or less the same feeling about 119. I certainly haven't found the driveability with it that I had with 518.

The very bottom end is dead. The midrange to turbo area is very fast, especially if you run 50 boost and the rest as turbo.

I was having a rough time at the CWIC over the weekend (I think you and I race at the same series?) and decided to take all the timing off the ESC and run a big pinion. The bottom end was a lot better although total power was naturally down which cost me.

If I had the time (and I'm not sure I do) I would approach the ESC setup from a different angle - big pinion to use the motors natural torque to get out of the corners, then smaller amounts of boost and turbo to get the top end without overheating the motor.

I run the SP 13.5 motor by the way.
Yes it was at the cwic and in the 17.5 a finals i resorted back to the 518 software and found it to be much better. i was still lacking the punch with the hobbywing motor which cost me the win. i lost the championship by 1 point in the end. the other guy had to win the last 4 finals to beat me and did....
I run 13.5 in cwic also and found that i was in the b consistently so i think that if i concentrated on that instead of 17.5 i could have done better with the hobbywing electrics. i wont run 2 cars again tho.
May stick with the 518 now tho.
TEAM DRIVER FOR MMR FLUX
millbank is offline   Reply With Quote