R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 02-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #3046
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've been waiting for Hobbypartz to re-stock the Hobbywing XERUN 60A ESC and now (on another thread) I find out that Hobbypartz are discontinuing distribution due to high cost and slow sales. Where in the USA can I get these ESCs?

Jon.
gti5notrkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #3047
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrickf1 View Post
Hi all ran my extreme stock esc at my local club to night and i must say bloody good, need a good setup for the esc since this is my first time running a turbo, would like to know a few things
In the manual is the turbo calculation correct?
Plus the brushless system analyzer it briefly shows a data recorder graph but when i turn the esc one it goes away is this common or am i doing something wrong,
i have noticed that that someone ask last year in this forum but i can't see any replys so if anyone can help me this would be great.

by the way if anone has got any setups for a 13.5T gear ratio at 5.97 i think iam using a xray 009.

cheers for any help that you all give me.
Dear Mav

Im a glad you sorted the issue as i was puzzled at one stage as i know that hobbywing has the highest quality but also the most reliable worldwide period..

please let me know how you go on the track .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #3048
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti5notrkt View Post
I've been waiting for Hobbypartz to re-stock the Hobbywing XERUN 60A ESC and now (on another thread) I find out that Hobbypartz are discontinuing distribution due to high cost and slow sales. Where in the USA can I get these ESCs?

Jon.
dear john

you can buy the product from feralbatteries.com.au

The usa is a big issue at the moment or i can send it to you let me know .Basically castle creations has stopped most esc brands from selling in the usa as of a so called patent with the programming of an esc through the rx port .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #3049
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
dear john

The usa is a big issue at the moment or i can send it to you let me know .Basically castle creations has stopped most esc brands from selling in the usa as of a so called patent with the programming of an esc through the rx port .

regards Angelo
They are just scared... i had the mamba max pro and to be fair when i first got it i thought it was a really good speedo. I started having problems with glitching after i fitted a savox servo. and now i plugged it in the other day and ...... what a load of crap .... excuse my language. it has no where near the same capabilities of the hobbywing even with the new software. Also didn't hobbywing/speed passion/vennom 1.1 have a programme box before the castle stuff?
TEAM DRIVER FOR MMR FLUX
millbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #3050
Tech Addict

Default XERUN ESC

Quote:
dear john

regards Angelo
Hi John

The range of Hobbywing ESC's also available from RAB Hobbies in Australia including the 120 1S version which will suit all applications.

Cheers

Ren
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:59 AM   #3051
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom54 View Post
Hi John

The range of Hobbywing ESC's also available from RAB Hobbies in Australia including the 120 1S version which will suit all applications.

Cheers

Ren
And if you PM me will organise something from the UK if you are really stuck matey.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:07 AM   #3052
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by millbank View Post
They are just scared... i had the mamba max pro and to be fair when i first got it i thought it was a really good speedo. I started having problems with glitching after i fitted a savox servo. and now i plugged it in the other day and ...... what a load of crap .... excuse my language. it has no where near the same capabilities of the hobbywing even with the new software. Also didn't hobbywing/speed passion/vennom 1.1 have a programme box before the castle stuff?
"what a load of crap". I totally agree with this statement! I've owned two of the micro 25a cc escs & they were both ok escs, if you like to "cogg" around the track. Once I got my first Hobbywing, that was the end of cc in my pit!
I do still have two of the cc 4100 kv micro motors though. They run great........as long as I connect them to an Ezrun speedo.
And when I bought my first Ezrun, cc didn't even have a program box for their stuff. All they had was the link to program there junk with a computer.
Trust me when I say, I'LL NEVER OWN ANOTHER cc PRODUCT!
Many thank Hobbywing for making quality products for us!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:27 AM   #3053
Tech Addict

Quote:
Yeah I mean I have had my HW stuff for 2 years ish, and I came in on v2.0 I have played with the V1.1's and the program box must predate the CC stuff by some margin, also the EZRUNs were running Programming through the RX lead way before even that, so where is CC coming from on this???

They sell crap product and then expect the world to buy it lol......

Last edited by cherry2blost; 02-11-2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: typo
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:33 AM   #3054
Tech Addict

Default Here's one for CC

Hey US guys you want any of the HW ESC's we stock I will personally pay the postage to get it to you from the UK !!!!

Hate it when companies think they can rule the world with crap products

H O B B Y W I N G ! ! ! WE make THE fast stuff !!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #3055
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti5notrkt View Post

Jon.
hey Jon i just order on ebay from Hong Kong, it takes about 3 weeks which sucks but the ESC's are so nice its totally worth it!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #3056
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
The MMP is a great ESC provided you don't push the BEC.

It's also advisable to avoid the beta software like the plague.

Castle Creations filed the patent for their rx ESC programming in February 2005.

Personally, I think Castle, Hobbywing, Tekin, and Novak all make excellent products and that all four companies are responsible for developing the sort of technology we could only dream about not so long ago.

Sad though that Castle Creations are trying to monoplise the industry.

TB-03, M-03, M-04,M-05, TT-01, DF-03ra, TRF201, SCX10, Stampede
.---------------------------------------------------------------------
tdunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #3057
Tech Initiate

just downloaded the new V3 119 software for the extreme stock speedo, and on tuesday iam of to ardent raceway to test all this out every last bit, and i can't wait.
mavrickf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #3058
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Dear Mav

Im a glad you sorted the issue as i was puzzled at one stage as i know that hobbywing has the highest quality but also the most reliable worldwide period..

please let me know how you go on the track .

regards Angelo
Hi Angelo,

Hope you won't mind if I were to bother you guys at TITC for setup advice?....
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #3059
Tech Regular

will the good program card hold two downloads so you can go from supercharged software to no timing software with out a computor once they are loaded in the program box
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #3060
Tech Apprentice

I personally like The SP and HW
when using PC and LCD
mostly PC
cause Multitouchscreen Netbook is very cheap can take for 100USD
and get old XP.

So i use mostly The settings With Multitouchscreen.

and you know what, i touch the Timing Turbo and Supercharge Boost

and i hope the new PC Interface would be release for a better size
my screen resolution is very limited to max:
1024x600

So large Button For this limited size screen resolution would be Great! to touch better.