Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

a fast question for all stock pro´s here.

I use Speedpassion 17,5T motor and HW Extreme stock ESC.
What firmware should i use for slow and technical tracks? And what difference do they have to eachother? what settings?

THANKS!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy63
a fast question for all stock pro´s here.

I use Speedpassion 17,5T motor and HW Extreme stock ESC.
What firmware should i use for slow and technical tracks? And what difference do they have to eachother? what settings?

THANKS!
I personally still like 518STOCK for smaller tracks, although we run 13.5 gearing at around 7.2 so do the adjustments for 17.5

Start RPM 3000
Boost Full
Turbo Whatever you like
Supercharger Punch at setting 6

Always too quick for my mediocre driving
Old 02-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am new to the XeRun system so I just thought I'd jot down some information about my very limited experiences.

Hopefully somone might find something uselful.

I am using the 110119_Stock firmware with a Xerun 17.5t /60a combo.

Vehicle - Tamiya TB-03R
FDR - 7.00:1
Boost Timing = 30degrees
Turbo Slope Rate = 18degrees/0.1s
Turbo Timing = 20 degrees
Boost Start RPM = 5000
Turbo Delay = 0.4s
Timing ACC = 500

Results.

I set the car up this way because I wanted to do a lot of laps at a moderate pace without stressing the ESC or over-heating the motor.

After 15 mins of laping my local track the motor was at 140 degrees (Ambient temp was 80 degrees).

The car was a little docile through the infield sections but had reasonable top end once the Turbo came on.

Conclusions:

These settings are great if you just want to do some laps at a resonable pace and learn about how your car handles and reacts to tire or suspension changes. - without having to worry too much about over-heating.

However, if you are racing, the car will be need to have the FDR increased to around the 6.00:1 mark ( Speed) or, you will need to lower the boost RPM to 3000 Rpm, and increase the ACC to around 200 (faster acceleration).

EDIT: I have found that increasing acceleration increases terminal speed.

Cheers.

Last edited by tdunster; 02-08-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drummin89
Correct, windows 7 was not sure about the program and didn't want to install it for security reasons. That's why I posted on here to see if anyone else came across this, as I'm sure I'm not the only one running windows 7.
You need to run the program file as an administrator.

To do this:

1. Right-click on the file name
2. Select "Run as Administrator"

The program will install fine on Windows 7, that's what I have.

Tony
Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
RC political statements aside, none of it helps me does it, in fact even the AARCMCC lists do not help me, aside from being offroad anyway, and I'm onroad, my model is not even covered.

Yep, AARCMCC list seems to only list 'current' models stocked by AU sellers, so whoopee, unless you have a blue 2.1 it 'looks' like it's not approved, which is funny with all running the same firmware etc.

I won't go into the politics much, and really choices made by states are just something you wear, you can not fully agree but still accept it, 'but' I am still feeling screwed over my choice of esc, bought hoping and half knowing in theory it should run in what I want it to run, but then seeing that still not play out this year.
I have heard from AARCMCC that the "black" editions have been added, they are waiting for the document to be updated on the AARCMCC website.

Tony
Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I have a 12 month plan which started 1 month ago for hobbywing and that is to ....

1.Have all motors approved on a world scale
2.stock racing esc's approved
3.Better easier to understand software with more performance
4.A new esc for pro racing (cant say which one though sorry)will have a new way to program not used by anyone else
5.A modern look for hobbywing (including logo)
6.Better after sales service and customer support .
7.Easier to navigate website with more info .
8.Distributor list and dealer list
9.Racing results posted on website and websites around the world.
10.Loyal customer rewards program
11.A new warranty policy with exchange programs for a fee .
12.exteneded warranty program which will have a small fee implemented .

and thats only the tip of the iceberg .

regards Angelo
i like number 10. related to number 4.

while my suggestion remain the same related to number 3.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I have a 12 month plan which started 1 month ago for hobbywing and that is to ....

1.Have all motors approved on a world scale
2.stock racing esc's approved
3.Better easier to understand software with more performance
4.A new esc for pro racing (cant say which one though sorry)will have a new way to program not used by anyone else
5.A modern look for hobbywing (including logo)
6.Better after sales service and customer support .
7.Easier to navigate website with more info .
8.Distributor list and dealer list
9.Racing results posted on website and websites around the world.
10.Loyal customer rewards program
11.A new warranty policy with exchange programs for a fee .
12.exteneded warranty program which will have a small fee implemented .

and thats only the tip of the iceberg .

regards Angelo
Angelo,

I'ld say, scratch #6 of the list. Job done.

rest sounds awesome.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

Sunny weather this morning, 19C temp, work starts at 14.30, so why not take a couple of bikes out to run!

First off my new Thunder Tiger SB-5, in Superbike form, complete with Trinity Duo 6.5T, HW 120A v2.0 with 119mod s/w, no fan, geared at 10.4:1 (usually we gear the 1/5 on road bikes approximately like 2WD buggies...), Turnigy 2S/4000/30C batteries.
I had this setup quite mild, and the punch at 4, so it was manageable, very quick, not punchy, great acceleration but not wheelie-inducing (it also has a slipper!) and great top speed, not really measured... After 12-13 minutes of continuous run, the ESC was nice to touch for a long time, and the motor was at 55C without any cooling aids on it.

Next up, was my 2010 Worlds bike, the KP09e, with another Trinity Duo motor, 17.5T, this time, HW 60A v2.0, 119stock s/w, 6.36:1 FDR, Turnigy 2S/3000/40C batteries, 1895gr weight, as per 2011 Worlds rules).
(Previous setup was LRP X12 13.5T, 6.64:1 FDR, 1805 gr. weight)

This one I had setup as follows:
Punch (4): at first 5, then 9 (full)
Boost timing: 40
Turbo slope 18
Turbo timing 30
Boost start 3000
Turbo delay 0.2
Timing ACC 300

The bike felt very quick to accelerate, and, considering I was alone with two bikes, I could not run them side by side to compare, it was also very fast. The program provides a very linear increase of revs, it will not wheelie at any chance (that's a good thing, actually!), and it can take clumsy use of throttle very nicely, without any unwanted side-effects like stepping sideways... I set the brake and rev on the ESC at 100% and then lowered the brakes on the transmitter at 55%, to provide good consistent braking action, but no rear wheel locking. (I'm not using a front brake on this one).

I also tried the suggested settings for a 2WD buggy with 17.5T at the bottom of the pdf (dated 25.01.2011), but it felt very soft, even slow, like it should be on a 2WD buggy on loose surface. It could be nice, I guess in slippery/rainy conditions, for a bike...
These settings would be:
Punch 4
Boost Timing 20
Slope 6
Turbo timing 12
Boost start 3000
timing acc 250

Since I had my 2-1 box, I realized I could change parameters in both ESC's, despite one being loaded with mod program and the other with stock. This one to partly answer a question about using one program box for two ESC's, though, as i said, I have 119 s/w in both...
Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if you have a 1s speed control and it is prorammed with boost and turbo and then want to race in what is called stok blinky mode, can you just switch by pushing buttons on esc or program box or do you need a differt download with computor? Thanks
Old 02-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Sorry to ask again, but is possible to downgrade from 119MOD to 528MOD? I've tried it but some options are now not available in 528 from software nor the program card. Anyone have tried this?
Old 02-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gusi
Sorry to ask again, but is possible to downgrade from 119MOD to 528MOD? I've tried it but some options are now not available in 528 from software nor the program card. Anyone have tried this?
you will still need the v3.0_110119 software installed,
and then reflash to V2.0_100528.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by irgo
you will still need the v3.0_110119 software installed,
and then reflash to V2.0_100528.
I've done it twice, but then some options in the ESC can't be changed and the motor makes an awful noise when full throttle (and goes slow). Have you reverted successfully to 528?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hobbywing extreme stock esc problem

Hi everyone,
I need some help fast i got myself a hobbywing extreme stock speedo, came this morning installed it about 5 hours ago, and having touble with the setup,
When i set it up there are no beeping sounds and when i finish the setup ( it does let me ) i but on half throttle ish a red LED shows when i go to max Throttle its still red and the motor does not move, i have tryed this with 2 motors.

I have gone over the setup book troubleshoot nother there to help, i have also email the tech side of giantcod about 14:30 ish and no reply so iam open to any ideas to what my be causing this problem.

Thanks to everyone that might be able to help.

Will look at the other pages to see if i can find anything bu its 200 odd to look at
Old 02-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gusi
I've done it twice, but then some options in the ESC can't be changed and the motor makes an awful noise when full throttle (and goes slow). Have you reverted successfully to 528?
sure i did. back and forth.
just make sure you uninstalled the old hw pc interface and re installing the
latest hw pc interface.
then you will be able to revert back.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Angelo,

I'ld say, scratch #6 of the list. Job done.

rest sounds awesome.
Thanks dude really appreciate the confidence and kind words

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.