Old 05-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

bigted the ESC manual does has 2-3 entries for flashing green LED, see link:-

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...552gt20pdf.pdf
Old 05-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigted
Hi very happy with the new software thanks HobbyWing
Could someone please post a link for what the different LED flashing means, normal opperating conditions and when faulting.
I have updated a friends software and he is complaining of the power dropping off, think from memory the green LED was flashing.
Means that speedo for some reason runs in sensorless mode.It's very easy to feel it when running stock motors with the latest stock advanced software.

Solution:check the harness or the motor sensor or replace the sensor wire or decrease the excess of timing on the speedo.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default help

Alright i have upgraded 3 esc's now and i have gone back to my own Xerun 120amp V2 HW. It will not take the new software,bu it says its updated to 422 software but when you plug the esc back into the rx it runs flat ( speed passion 10.5 in Photon ) then you plug it back into the computer and it has reverted back to 205 . I tried setting it to 323 and it did the same thing went back to 205. I have tried loading it upgrading applying it multiple times it always goes back to 205. The other esc's i have done have not been an issue 422 loaded first go but this one is doing my head in
Any ideas anyone ?
Old 05-17-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

tried a factory reset?
Tried downgrading then upgrading the firmware?
tried another 2 in 1 box?
I assume as the issue I had on vista home, I needed to run the Beta program as 'administrator' every time I open it
Tried another laptop?
ask HW support?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks woopass and Born2Run had a similar problem with mine, read a few pages back on this or the other HW thread. Car ran good for about 3min then all of a sudden lost all it's topend. My lack of car prep isn't very good I cleaned the sensor cable connections and removed some punch DRRS?? whatever it is and is back to normal. My friends car prep is heaps better than mine so we will have to rechech his timing and start punch.
The reason for the original post was I thought there may have been other series of flashes for other faults that us users may come across.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bigted
Thanks woopass and Born2Run had a similar problem with mine, read a few pages back on this or the other HW thread. Car ran good for about 3min then all of a sudden lost all it's topend. My lack of car prep isn't very good I cleaned the sensor cable connections and removed some punch DRRS?? whatever it is and is back to normal. My friends car prep is heaps better than mine so we will have to rechech his timing and start punch.
The reason for the original post was I thought there may have been other series of flashes for other faults that us users may come across.
you could also have a doddgy sensor board in your motor. if all is good and then 3mins it dies it is pointing to the sensor board. could be overheating and dropping into sensorless mode. if all else fails try another motor.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayal
you could also have a doddgy sensor board in your motor. if all is good and then 3mins it dies it is pointing to the sensor board. could be overheating and dropping into sensorless mode. if all else fails try another motor.
Yea this is happening to my Novak SS 17.5. After a few minutes it starts to lose tons of power. I also think it has something to do with the motor sensor. It rips almost as fast as my 10.5 (w/out turbo) in the first few minutes though.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

After a great weekend of racing. I would like to say I really love the Hobby wing system.
This past weekend my friend TQ at the TCS Regional at Tamiya HQ.
His TQ time is two second faster a field of tekin.

Thanks Hobbywing
Old 05-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
in your settings increase barke strength to max as well as reverse to max.
Then recalibrate radio and esc and you should be sorted.

With the 422 the brakes is strong.
Do you mean put reverse to 100% but keep the running mode in fwd + brake only?

The brakes are pretty woeful compared to a Tekin with 203, it's really disappointing because the HW software is so much smoother everywhere else
Old 05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM

The brakes are pretty woeful compared to a Tekin with 203, it's really disappointing because the HW software is so much smoother everywhere else
Yea, reverse force.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nemo racing
After a great weekend of racing. I would like to say I really love the Hobby wing system.
This past weekend my friend TQ at the TCS Regional at Tamiya HQ.
His TQ time is two second faster a field of tekin.

Thanks Hobbywing
Although 2 seconds is not that much, maybe a straightaway. An interesting thought is how much faster/slower could he have been if running a Tekin? It could possibly be more about driver and setup than esc.

It is great to see another esc like HW to be competitive with a Tekin. Which only helps the rules to not alienate one manufacurer.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Initiate

On a different note can anyone please tell me why the 422 software wont work with single cell lipo (3.7v) eg. 1:12th scale?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Although 2 seconds is not that much, maybe a straightaway. An interesting thought is how much faster/slower could he have been if running a Tekin? It could possibly be more about driver and setup than esc.

It is great to see another esc like HW to be competitive with a Tekin. Which only helps the rules to not alienate one manufacurer.
2 seconds isn't much? Wow.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CraigM

the brakes on hobbywings esc are very powerfull i think most will agree .on the other hand it is said that tekin systems have little or no brakes may be that,s where the confusion lies
Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by A-Ko

2 seconds is enough to win or lose a race , i guess that,s what counts

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.