Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by snowman_evil
That would be good. At least red, blue and black would be good.

Yeah is there any different features and will it run on the LCD programming box with the same software as the Xerun v2 ESC's?
We have black and blue color now, but red color is not available.

The new ESC can work with 1 cell lipo, but it hasn't a built-in DC-DC booster so we still mark it with "2-3S Lipo"

It works with LCD box

The firmware is similar to xerun-120A. And firmware 100422stock and further version will work both for Xtreme stock ESC and XERUN-120A/60A ESC.

Hope the information is useful.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
I have start rpm at 4000 (Or whatever it is one up from number 1) and have turbo delay set at 0, was running the SMC 5200/50C's.
if tour turbo delay is 0, then your on boost more or less all the time. not good, as your motor is under load all the time, heat will go up dramatically. try 0.2/0.3 also the start rpm up to 5000 and keep max boost at around 7. setting 15 about 2/3. then try one setting at a time, by 1 at a time. i run 13.5turn, 4-max 9- max 13-3 14-3 15-2.
put your motor timing to 0 and let the speedo take care of your timming.
i run on a small tight indoor track, the more i turn 12 down (less turbo/supercharger) the faster it gets, as you want top speed at 3/4 of the straight. it can be time consuming, but when you hit the sweet spot on settings, this 422 is fantastic. there is no one set up for all, you have to fine tune your own. the basic settings are a very good starting point, dont go by bench testing, go by lap times on the track. good luck!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

I bought a HW 120A on a whim as my MMP was like a switch and totally undrivable. what an ESC with the 422 stock program. I ran it with an X.12 13.5 on the recommended settings and its really driveable with great feel and good brakes. oh and great power, motor a little hot after 2 mins, but I waill retard the motor timing, and drop the gearing from 6.75 to about 6.9FDR.
great job, great performance and price!!
Old 05-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

thanks
Old 05-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hobbywing
You may notice that there is a small white connector just under the word "FCC", it is used to connect with a cooling fan.

We recommend using a cooling fan for stock racing. If the turbo timing function is activated, the ESC works hard and generates more heat, a cooling fan is very useful in such a case.

Thanks for giving the notice, HW!

I would not run an ESC with no fan, since the weather is also getting warmer every day now... This morning at 10.00 it was like 32*C in Athens...
Old 05-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Built my first TC today from start to finish. I loaded the 422 software and went to the track. At the track I plug the 2in1 program box in to play with the settings and on the screen I read "update the software" When I got home I plug it all into the computer all was as normal (422) Has anyone had the same problem with the 2in1 and how do you overcome it?

Thanks,
Michael.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WildManDriving
Built my first TC today from start to finish. I loaded the 422 software and went to the track. At the track I plug the 2in1 program box in to play with the settings and on the screen I read "update the software" When I got home I plug it all into the computer all was as normal (422) Has anyone had the same problem with the 2in1 and how do you overcome it?

Thanks,
Michael.
yes, unplug the ESC. change the option from ESC to '2-in 1 box' and then select the 'upgrade' option. it will then upgrade the box and the ESC will not be affected. I had exactly the same issue. Will get the exact options from the software if you are still struggling. let me know. cheers
Old 05-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WildManDriving

Thanks,
Michael.
as whoopass mentioned you need to also update the firmware for the lcd programmer in order for it to show the additional program settings for the supercharger.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Message to Hobbywing.Thankyou for an excellent speedo and software.Ran it today for the first time with a 10.5 motor,it was as good as any other speedo out there and had a great smooth feel to it.Amazing value for money.Well done!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks guy for the great esc n sofware performance...now i'm really happy..not struggle to catch up with tekin driver..great acceleration n top speed..
Old 05-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by whoopass
yes, unplug the ESC. change the option from ESC to '2-in 1 box' and then select the 'upgrade' option. it will then upgrade the box and the ESC will not be affected. I had exactly the same issue. Will get the exact options from the software if you are still struggling. let me know. cheers
Originally Posted by razzor
as whoopass mentioned you need to also update the firmware for the lcd programmer in order for it to show the additional program settings for the supercharger.
Thanks, so simple, just never knew you had to do it separately. Will go and have another play with the new toy today. Thanks again.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

you're welcome, I find the box a little hard to work with. if you have to remove the lead from the receiver, and I always have to scroll through the options twice as they are not that easy to pick the right one. you might as well plug the USB in and its much easier!
Old 05-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Tech Master

Today was running as below and getting 55'C at motor (17.5) with 6.32FDR, it was a little slow and don't know if to try pinion or ESC.

Item #12 Turbo Timing, is this an added amount of timing that increases by 1 Degree as per Timing Punch or just a straight added amount of timing (like changing timing at the motor endbell)?

#9 , 7
#12 , 6
#13 , 3
#14 , 1
#15 , 5

Last edited by WildManDriving; 05-16-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

it is difficult to answer your query without seeing the car on the track, the way I look at the gearing is when the car changes gear electronically (when the timing kicks in) should really be 3/4 down the straight.
I was at the track below on Fri with the stock settings running 13.5, and an FDR of 6.75. which was way overgeared. timing kicking in as the car hit the banked corner at the end of the straight. so I need to gear down 3-4 teeth 64dp at least.
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-track_from_pits_07_02_2004.jpg  
Old 05-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi very happy with the new software thanks HobbyWing
Could someone please post a link for what the different LED flashing means, normal opperating conditions and when faulting.
I have updated a friends software and he is complaining of the power dropping off, think from memory the green LED was flashing.

Last edited by bigted; 05-16-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Reworded

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.