R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #2821
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Shawn, what settings you used on 119 as you said same to 1224?
Please give me the detail value and let me see if it's real same.
for 1224

DDRS 8
9 38 degrees boost
10 9d / 0.1 sec
12 8 degrees turbo
13 1000 rpm
14 0.1 seconds
15 150 rpm

Motor temp was 105F
80mm RollOut

DDRS 8
9 38 degrees boost
10 12d / 0.1 sec
12 8 degrees turbo
13 1000 rpm
14 0.1 seconds
15 150 rpm

Motor temp was 95F
82mm RollOut

When I increased the rollout the car was alot better, and the motor was stone cold, which is making think a higher rollout will work better. Unfortunately I wont be able to do futher testing until next saturday. I also noticed the brakes were not near as good as 1224. I run a novak 17.5 with 15deg endbell.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:54 PM   #2822
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 74
Default

what stock firmware do you guys recommend for offroad?

Last edited by trx B E; 01-31-2011 at 12:24 AM.
trx B E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 AM   #2823
Tech Elite
 
Jack2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,377
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
I found when running my pan car, by reducing my RO (higher FDR), and increasing my end bell timing (Static), i could reduce the wheel spin coming out of the corner, while having great mid to high power. Make sure you reduce the gearing though, or the motor might get alittle hot.

shawn.
yeah that was the next thing on my list. I'll drop the FDR from 8.3 back to 8.65 and crank the static timing up to max and see how I go.

What sort of temp are people getting with there Mod motors? highest I have seen so far was 62 I think, would I be right in thinking I could run it up to 70?
Cheers for the Input
__________________
Schumacher Mi4CX
Mugen MTX & MRX

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:18 AM   #2824
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Saint P.
Posts: 60
Default

Anybody used boost with 17.5T ?
I need settings for esc with x12 17.5T.
__________________
Tamyia TRF 417
Team Associated RC8Be
Team Durango DEX410 2010spec
ezh_m5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:28 AM   #2825
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezh_m5 View Post
Anybody used boost with 17.5T ?
I need settings for esc with x12 17.5T.
Excuse me, but I have to say this.

Are you sure this hobby is suited for you?
Do we also have to drive your car for you?
Put everything on the slowest setting, and find out yourself....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezh_m5 View Post
Now without boost :
motor lrp x12 17.5t
esc HW xerun 120a
final gearratio 3.7
timing on motor +10
esc settings
punch - 7
timing - 2

Temprature after 6min about 150F, and its with stock firmware ( without turbo etc)

But in next competiton I'll need boost but I dont want to burn motor
Well, oke then....
First put timing insert on X12 to -10 (4 dots)
then add turbo settings....
__________________
Serpent

Last edited by M7H; 01-31-2011 at 02:41 AM.
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 AM   #2826
Tech Addict
 
venom54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aspendale
Posts: 576
Default POSSIBLE STARTING POINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezh_m5 View Post
Anybody used boost with 17.5T ?
I need settings for esc with x12 17.5T.
Hi ya.,

Below is a possible starting point for 17.5 from a 21.5 setup used this past weekend at my local track here in Australia.

Car - XRAY T3 2011
FDR - 4.91 (for 17.5 start at 5.5 at least as a base point. 4.91 will be too low)
MOTOR - SP21.5 V3 SET TO ZERO DEGREE TIMING (leave at zero timing to retain bottom end grunt)

SETTINGS SUGGESTED ARE LISTED BELOW.

1 = 1
2 = 0%
3 = 3.4V
4 = 9
5 = 100%
6 = 25%
7 = 0%
8 = 6%
9 = 35 (try set at 32 to tame)
10 = 18 (try at 12 to tame turbo kit)
11 = ENABLED
12 = 24
13 = 4000
14 = 0.3SEC
15= 500 (for the 17.5 start at 750 or higher. To low will build too much heat too early)

Results with the 21.5 settings were explosive acceleration and great top end culminating in a comfortable heat win. Motor temps stayed around 55 degree C and all but driving incidents did not add more wins to the tally.

I'm very impressed with the new software and with a little more track time i'd say a few more tweaks on setup will produce more impressive results. Only the driver has to now improve.

Hope these setup options will be of help.

Cheers

Ren
__________________
Play hard but be nice to your parents!
VBC RACING|ASSOCIATED|XRAY|TEAM POWERS|THUNDER TIGER|HOBBYWING|HPI|WTF FANS|ORION AND MORE IN STORE.
145 COMO PARADE EAST 3195 PARKDALE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 AM   #2827
Tech Apprentice
 
sizheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
for 1224

DDRS 8
9 38 degrees boost
10 9d / 0.1 sec
12 8 degrees turbo
13 1000 rpm
14 0.1 seconds
15 150 rpm

Motor temp was 105F
80mm RollOut

DDRS 8
9 38 degrees boost
10 12d / 0.1 sec
12 8 degrees turbo
13 1000 rpm
14 0.1 seconds
15 150 rpm

Motor temp was 95F
82mm RollOut

When I increased the rollout the car was alot better, and the motor was stone cold, which is making think a higher rollout will work better. Unfortunately I wont be able to do futher testing until next saturday. I also noticed the brakes
were not near as good as 1224. I run a novak 17.5 with 15deg endbell.
Shawn, your settings are almost same on the value, but totally different in the real.

Boost timing 38 in 1224 is as 54 in 0119. That's why you feel 0119 slow.

I have posted in a reply that the unit of degree is not same, it's just a step which is split for your setting more accurately.

Hope you can understand what I said.
__________________
TEAMHOBBYWING CHINA
sizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #2828
Tech Master
 
Tire Chunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,232
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Shawn, your settings are almost same on the value, but totally different in the real.

Boost timing 38 in 1224 is as 54 in 0119. That's why you feel 0119 slow.

I have posted in a reply that the unit of degree is not same, it's just a step which is split for your setting more accurately.

Hope you can understand what I said.
But without proper instructions how could a user of the esc deduce this for themselves?

A simple scale to show timing equivalents would be nice when a new version.
Tire Chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:53 AM   #2829
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,171
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I had a long chat and very helpful and informative chat with Sizheng at the track on sunday, and basically this is how I understood it (this was after wiring up a brand new 120A wrongly... appologies again on that!)

Basically, the setting values don't directly relate to the actual timing going into the motor.
It's better to think of it as a stepped increase in timing... so 110119 has more steps between the top and bottom of the boost range than 101224. I will say I don't know the specifics of the maximum level of physical timing being pumped in at the 60 setting, maybe sizheng will be willing to explain.

Anyway, hence why setting 0119 to the same level as 1224 will make it feel slower... And before anyone says it's false, Tekin and numerous others do the same thing, there's only so much timing you can put in a motor before it gets highly inefficient (>60 added timing), and eventually hits a point where it can't figure out if it goes backwards or forwards (90 added timing)

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |

Last edited by TryHard; 01-31-2011 at 06:10 PM.
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #2830
Tech Apprentice
 
sizheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
I had a long chat and very helpful and informative chat with Sizheng at the track on sunday, and basically this is how I understood it (this was after wiring up a brand new 120A wrongly... appologies again on that!)

Basically, the setting values don't directly relate to the actual timing going into the motor.
It's better to think of it as a stepped increase in timing... so 110119 has more steps between the top and bottom of the boost range than 101224. I will say I don't know the specifics of the maximum level of physical timing being pumped in at the 60 setting, maybe sizheng will be willing to explain.

Anyway, hence why setting 0119 to the same level as 1224 will make it feel slower... And before anyone says it's false, Tekin and numerous others do the same thing, there's only so much timing you can put in a motor before it gets highly inefficient (>60), and eventually hits a point where it can't figure out if it goes backwards or forwards (90)

HiH
Ed
Thanks, Ed, your english words are more clear than mine. I think they will understand then.

Unfortunately, I also have not a chart to tell the value of real timing and steps in different programs(I think this also related to some technical secret). What I can do is test the setting on the track and compare and find the best setting. But anyway, you guys can have sense with the suggest settings in the instruction.

Just don't focus on the NUMBER, focus on the FACT (your car's handling,laptime,motor temp. etc)
__________________
TEAMHOBBYWING CHINA
sizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:03 AM   #2831
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 397
Default

is the 21 degrees off the 518 the same as the 38 degrees on the 1224...?
rbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #2832
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Shawn, your settings are almost same on the value, but totally different in the real.

Boost timing 38 in 1224 is as 54 in 0119. That's why you feel 0119 slow.

I have posted in a reply that the unit of degree is not same, it's just a step which is split for your setting more accurately.

Hope you can understand what I said.
I understand what you are saying but, if the steps have been broken up for more accuracy, then the documentation on the HW site is wronge. In the PDF file that you left a link to on the HW, states Boost can go upto 60deg in 1 deg steps, and turbo can goto 40 deg in 1 deg steps, for a total of 60deg total timing.

Your post contradictes this, can we get some clarification on the total timing available, and the steps.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:21 AM   #2833
Tech Regular
 
getpip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Shawn, your settings are almost same on the value, but totally different in the real.

Boost timing 38 in 1224 is as 54 in 0119. That's why you feel 0119 slow.

I have posted in a reply that the unit of degree is not same, it's just a step which is split for your setting more accurately.

Hope you can understand what I said.

Sizheng

Does this mean that the maximum settings for any given software version are much the same but with finer adjusment increments?
__________________
------------------------
Check out my blog: www.pipskiracing.blogspot.com
------------------------
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #2834
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getpip View Post
Sizheng

Does this mean that the maximum settings for any given software version are much the same but with finer adjusment increments?
Think it is close, otherwise all motors has been cooked..
rbakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #2835
Tech Initiate
 
msxmre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grangemouth, Bonny Scotland
Posts: 28
Default

Hi Guys after a little help or know how. My m8 put the newest software onto his Speedo on friday night, ran all night flawlessly in touring car. Tried to race on sunday, got round 2 corners and car stopped dead. The speedo now has nothing on it, wont work, let me update it on pc and wont accept any software. He was running conservative settings on this speedo, never came off hot and motor always cool after every run on friday night with no change for sundays racing.
Anyone got any ideas?
Scotty....
__________________
Tamiya TRF 201, TRF 416,TEKIN RS PRO (the dogs) Novak Ballistic, LRP X12 Motors, Orion Motors and LIPO (they say it's the future mmmmm) www.falkirkrcc.co.uk/forums

Last edited by msxmre; 01-31-2011 at 04:00 PM.
msxmre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:22 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0