R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2011, 05:00 PM   #2761
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 58
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi dude

yes the xtreme stock is rated down to a 8.5T for on road use you are correct .

Can i ask you a simple question with the cap have you activated 100% reverse in use with full brakes as someone has advised on this forum ?If you have it's no the right way of doing it and i dont recommened it because when going to full brakes but as well as the reverse function your causing a massive spike in reverse polarity which in turn would cause the the cap to burn .please send me an email at teamcobraracing@gmail.com and we can work together on the issue to solve it .

regards Angelo
even though i only ever run forward/brake mode, i always set reverse to 100%, it definately makes the brakes awsome
__________________
Durango DETC410 - HobbywingV3.1 - Futaba - Orca
www.maritimeracing.org
kosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #2762
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default sp app

Not sure if this has been asked already and know it might sound stupid, but the sp app on itunes - is it just for sp or can it be used for hw esc setups as well?
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:04 AM   #2763
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge View Post
Not sure if this has been asked already and know it might sound stupid, but the sp app on itunes - is it just for sp or can it be used for hw esc setups as well?
No it doesnt work with HW only a feature for sp .The only esc's now made by hobbywing is the GT series for sp thats all the cirtix is from another manufacturer.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #2764
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default sp app

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
No it doesnt work with HW only a feature for sp .The only esc's now made by hobbywing is the GT series for sp thats all the cirtix is from another manufacturer.
Thanks, appreciate the response. Are there any similarities with the sp gt and hw extreme? Because that is what I have and if there are a lot of similarities between the two and their firmware than I guess the app can be somewhat still relevant for the hw?
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:24 AM   #2765
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,013
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

lets say i have 30deg boost and 30deg turbo. If I pull the trigger (full) (within 0.8sec) from standstill, does that mean the total advance timing I have is [350rpm/deg increment]+30deg? Or do i get full 60deg timing within that time frame? Thanks
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:42 AM   #2766
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok View Post
lets say i have 30deg boost and 30deg turbo. If I pull the trigger (full) (within 0.8sec) from standstill, does that mean the total advance timing I have is [350rpm/deg increment]+30deg? Or do i get full 60deg timing within that time frame? Thanks
No you will have the 60 degree timing somewhere like 3/4 back straight as its linear and ramps up as the rpm ramps
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:32 AM   #2767
Tech Fanatic
 
BennyBagems's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hobart, Australia
Posts: 774
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Hi sizheng, would you know a good setup for 21.5t? our straight is about 50-60m.
I have tried the settings for 17.5 from the manual, but they seem to lack a bit of speed.
Ben.
__________________
BMAX 4 III - YZ-2 - S350BE-1
Ryper Hobbies - AKA - Arrowmax Tools - Yokomo Australia
Vice President GOMCC - http://www.gomcc.com.au
BennyBagems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #2768
Tech Addict
 
venom54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aspendale
Posts: 577
Default SOFTWARE V1.07-110119

New software setup and tests on a XERUN-120A-1S ESC running the new 110119 stock software in 21.5 Touring car class.

Well the results are in. Run tonight at a local track SERCCC (Melbourne Australia) on a flowing track setup. Three speed portions and four tight/hairpins sections.

Michael Clarke (driver)
Car - XRAY T3 2011
FDR - 4.91
MOTOR - SP21.5 V3 SET TO ZERO DEGREE TIMING (Second motor used, first was fried due to incorrect settings)(blame the pit dude (me))
BATTERY USED - YUNTONG 5000 40C
TYRES - Muchmore 32 premounts
RADIO - Futaba 2PL
BODY - HPI MAZDA 6
CAR SETUP - Kit standard with a change to droop on rear

SETTINGS USED ARE LISTED BELOW.

1 = 1
2 = 0%
3 = 3.4V
4 = 9
5 = 100%
6 = 25%
7 = 0%
8 = 6%
9 = 35
10 = 18
11 = ENABLED
12 = 24
13 = 4000
14 = 0.3SEC
15= 500

Results were explosive acceleration and great top end culminating in a comfortable heat win. Motor temps stayed around 55 degree and all but driving incidents did not add more wins to the tally.

I'm very impressed with the new software and with a little more track time i'd say a few more tweaks on setup will produce more impressive results. Only the driver has to now improve.

Hope these setup options will be of help to all.

Cheers

Ren
__________________
Play hard but be nice to your parents!
VBC RACING|ASSOCIATED|XRAY|TEAM POWERS|THUNDER TIGER|HOBBYWING|HPI|WTF FANS|ORION AND MORE IN STORE.
145 COMO PARADE EAST 3195 PARKDALE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:01 AM   #2769
Tech Adept
 
steliosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Penteli, Athens, Greece
Posts: 161
Default

If you have read my "adventures" with my Xerun 120A V2.0 in the other Xerun thread, now that it seems to work (it's raining outside, AND I have no front wheel on the bike -it's broken- so don't start telling me about wheelies!), I was thinking... do we really NEED turbo software on a 5.5T mod motor?!
BTW, just setting it up with the program box, I realized some of the functions do not work with 119Mod. They are greyed. Should it be so?
__________________
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
www.steliosh.net/rc/

KP-Designs KP10e 1/5 rc bike, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HPI Baja SS, Xray T1 FK05, Venom GPV1 1/8 rc bike, Anderson M5 Cross 1/5 rc bike, TT SB-5 1/5 rc bike
steliosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:03 AM   #2770
Tech Regular
 
terryh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom54 View Post
New software setup and tests on a XERUN-120A-1S ESC running the new 110119 stock software in 21.5 Touring car class.

Well the results are in. Run tonight at a local track SERCCC (Melbourne Australia) on a flowing track setup. Three speed portions and four tight/hairpins sections.

Michael Clarke (driver)
Car - XRAY T3 2011
FDR - 4.91
MOTOR - SP21.5 V3 SET TO ZERO DEGREE TIMING (Second motor used, first was fried due to incorrect settings)(blame the pit dude (me))
BATTERY USED - YUNTONG 5000 40C
TYRES - Muchmore 32 premounts
RADIO - Futaba 2PL
BODY - HPI MAZDA 6
CAR SETUP - Kit standard with a change to droop on rear

SETTINGS USED ARE LISTED BELOW.

1 = 1
2 = 0%
3 = 3.4V
4 = 9
5 = 100%
6 = 25%
7 = 0%
8 = 6%
9 = 35
10 = 18
11 = ENABLED
12 = 24
13 = 4000
14 = 0.3SEC
15= 500

Results were explosive acceleration and great top end culminating in a comfortable heat win. Motor temps stayed around 55 degree and all but driving incidents did not add more wins to the tally.

I'm very impressed with the new software and with a little more track time i'd say a few more tweaks on setup will produce more impressive results. Only the driver has to now improve.

Hope these setup options will be of help to all.

Cheers

Ren
Nice post mate, gives setup that can be helpfull. Might be worth adding the length of the straight so that we adjust fdr and setup to suit track size.
Out of interest, what droop change did you make, I know its got nothing to do with the esc but i'm having trouble with off power oversteer (same car) and am curious to know if that's why you made the change.
Well done on win
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #2771
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 81
Default

I run on a small indoor carpet track, where the straight is no longer than 20m, and I prefer to run without turbo, putting the timing on boost only.

If using the 110119 software with a Speed Passion v3.0 13.5T motor, is it recommended to only use a maximum of 30 overall timing (which is the limit with the 110108 software which is stated for use with Speed Passion, Faigo and DUO motors), or can the overall timing be set to 30+ without issues?

If I set the boost to 30 (with 0 turbo) and I want more speed, would it be better to lower the FDR of the car, or increase the boost to 30+?
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #2772
Tech Addict
 
venom54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aspendale
Posts: 577
Default SOFTWARE V1.07-110119

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryh View Post
Nice post mate, gives setup that can be helpfull. Might be worth adding the length of the straight so that we adjust fdr and setup to suit track size.
Out of interest, what droop change did you make, I know its got nothing to do with the esc but i'm having trouble with off power oversteer (same car) and am curious to know if that's why you made the change.
Well done on win
I'll get back re the straight length asap. Late here in OZ (12.09am !!)
Droop was changed by dropping the arms another 1mm each side on the rear only. And yes it was the reason, oversteer off power. Made the car more stable after the change of power gain from the new setups on the ESC.

Cheers

Ren
__________________
Play hard but be nice to your parents!
VBC RACING|ASSOCIATED|XRAY|TEAM POWERS|THUNDER TIGER|HOBBYWING|HPI|WTF FANS|ORION AND MORE IN STORE.
145 COMO PARADE EAST 3195 PARKDALE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:59 AM   #2773
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Irgo, you are so cute!

I can tell you when we test hobbywing 11.5T motors with FDR 5.7, the log shows the highest RPM about 43000. But the log is provided by another equipment. :-)
Don't ask me why and what, just want you know, we do log, but just for test and find the solution to improve.
if it's another equipment skip it, no additional weight we want,
we want Build RPM Log in the ESC Firmware,
ex: reset able Max RPM, would be Great.
i know michael can do that.
and i know Angelo understand how it works.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:20 AM   #2774
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,509
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

you told us that you talked to the engineers and it was coming. did you make that up....
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #2775
Tech Regular
 
whoopass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 295
Default

I am sure somewhere on this thread I said we do not need a data logger, we just need a max RPM readout from the last run.....good job HW. will be trying the new SW out tomos outdoor in Aldershot UK. looks like a cold one at 0 degrees right now!!
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net