R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #2746
Tech Initiate
 
Will27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 36
Thumbs up

I just tried software 119 stock in my car.. holy C***!!!
It makes my 13.5 sound like my 4.5, only much more controllable
and the brakes are MUCH better too. Well done guys

The instruction reccommendations are pretty much bang on with the setup.
Heres what I ran:

Lrp X-11 13.5
FDR:6.75

4. DRRS 7
9. boost timing 40
10. turbo slope 18
12. turbo timing 24
13. start rpm 3000
14. turbo delay 0.2
15. timing acc 300

I will make a few tweaks, it needs a bit more low-mid range grunt.
I think I'll try this next and see how it goes:

4. DRRS 8-9
13. start rpm 2000
Will27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #2747
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 357
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will27 View Post
I just tried software 119 stock in my car.. holy C***!!!
It makes my 13.5 sound like my 4.5, only much more controllable
and the brakes are MUCH better too. Well done guys

The instruction reccommendations are pretty much bang on with the setup.
Heres what I ran:

Lrp X-11 13.5
FDR:6.75

4. DRRS 7
9. boost timing 40
10. turbo slope 18
12. turbo timing 24
13. start rpm 3000
14. turbo delay 0.2
15. timing acc 300

I will make a few tweaks, it needs a bit more low-mid range grunt.
I think I'll try this next and see how it goes:

4. DRRS 8-9
13. start rpm 2000
9+12 added together = 64deg... isnt esc limited to 60?
Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #2748
Tech Initiate
 
Will27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycan View Post
9+12 added together = 64deg... isnt esc limited to 60?
Yip. Just means it'll only use 20 deg turbo. I just left it at 24(default)
Will27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #2749
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SAN DIEGO
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

OK, i cant find one of these speedos anywhere. Where are you guys getting them from?
patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #2750
Tech Apprentice
 
sizheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
My query is does the motor only turn at 13000rpm, just before full throttle? Why do I say before full throttle because at full throttle you have the additional 5° timing, which 'sizheng' have not inculded in the 13000.

BUT ... start of blabbing ...
A silver can turns at about 15000rpm at max efficiency, what ever that is, but thereabouts. ???

So are the calculations correct?

The timing acc (#15 on the setup list) of 200rpm/°timing does not determine the rpm I think. It is only an acceleration figure, that the motor will increase the timing of 1°, at each incremental motor speed of 200rpm, but each timing increase will also increase the rpm of the motor, does it not??? and so the acceleration will not be linear.

We are ignoring friction and drag as well ...

If I am blabbing cr@p, please correct me ...

Hi, Chinaman. are you a real chinese? If that, I want to use chinese to talk with you, it's much easier.

In this example, RPM 13000 is the end RPM when total 55degree boost timing applied on the motor, but at that time the car's speed is only about 20KM/H.
The car will continue to accelerate with all boost timing on the motor. So just before the turbo open, we can not know the actual RPM of the motor, maybe 25000,maybe 30000, it's depended on the throttle control and full throttle delay time. But since turbo is designed to help the straight top speed, we can decide the open point by our experience , for example on a 60m straight, if I want to open the turbo at the half point, I can estimate the delay time the car needed to reach the 30m half point after full throttle.

Another thing we must care is to control the turbo not open at some other area on the track, which may cause difficult to control the car into a corner.
That's probably occured if you set the delay time a small value such as 0.1s.
So in such cases, what i will do is to keep the throttle not fully pressed than 0.1s.

In our test, we found too much boost timing will highly consume the battery power(voltage drop) and make your laptimes slower after several laps. You may feel it's fast at the beginning, but you lose your overall result. So we prefer to use TURBO timing which will not bring lots of current and hot and can be controlled by our hands. Applying the timing when the car has a higher speed is always better if you don't want your motor too hot.
__________________
TEAMHOBBYWING CHINA
sizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:29 AM   #2751
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Hi, Chinaman. are you a real chinese? If that, I want to use chinese to talk with you, it's much easier.

In this example, RPM 13000 is the end RPM when total 55degree boost timing applied on the motor, but at that time the car's speed is only about 20KM/H.
The car will continue to accelerate with all boost timing on the motor. So just before the turbo open, we can not know the actual RPM of the motor, maybe 25000,maybe 30000, it's depended on the throttle control and full throttle delay time. But since turbo is designed to help the straight top speed, we can decide the open point by our experience , for example on a 60m straight, if I want to open the turbo at the half point, I can estimate the delay time the car needed to reach the 30m half point after full throttle.

Another thing we must care is to control the turbo not open at some other area on the track, which may cause difficult to control the car into a corner.
That's probably occured if you set the delay time a small value such as 0.1s.
So in such cases, what i will do is to keep the throttle not fully pressed than 0.1s.

In our test, we found too much boost timing will highly consume the battery power(voltage drop) and make your laptimes slower after several laps. You may feel it's fast at the beginning, but you lose your overall result. So we prefer to use TURBO timing which will not bring lots of current and hot and can be controlled by our hands. Applying the timing when the car has a higher speed is always better if you don't want your motor too hot.
sizheng,

i had some misconception of turbo timing before i read your post... thanc...
(silly loughing at myself)

somehow i need to know your estimation of length (m) of a car travelling before boost start rpm, let say 3000-6000rpm...
zamrioo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #2752
Tech Adept
 
chinaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
No, 'timing acc' does not determine the maximum RPM the motor will reach on track. It determines the 'Boost End RPM' at which full boost timing will have been reached. The car still continue to accelerate after this point, even if no further timing (turbo) is added. The acceleration may or may not be fairly linear; without the increasing boost effect the acceleration would drop off and be very non-linear. With the boost, it will be closer to linear than without it.

Drag and weight do not affect the calculations, although they will of course affect how quickly the car accelerates on track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
...
In this example, RPM 13000 is the end RPM when total 55degree boost timing applied on the motor, but at that time the car's speed is only about 20KM/H.
The car will continue to accelerate with all boost timing on the motor. So just before the turbo open, we can not know the actual RPM of the motor, maybe 25000,maybe 30000, it's depended on the throttle control and full throttle delay time. But since turbo is designed to help the straight top speed, we can decide the open point by our experience , for example on a 60m straight, if I want to open the turbo at the half point, I can estimate the delay time the car needed to reach the 30m half point after full throttle.

Another thing we must care is to control the turbo not open at some other area on the track, which may cause difficult to control the car into a corner.
That's probably occured if you set the delay time a small value such as 0.1s.
So in such cases, what i will do is to keep the throttle not fully pressed than 0.1s.

In our test, we found too much boost timing will highly consume the battery power(voltage drop) and make your laptimes slower after several laps. You may feel it's fast at the beginning, but you lose your overall result. So we prefer to use TURBO timing which will not bring lots of current and hot and can be controlled by our hands. Applying the timing when the car has a higher speed is always better if you don't want your motor too hot.
cheers
__________________
... wyrd bið ful ãræd ...
chinaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 AM   #2753
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
cheers
Mr Dong sihzen is a hobbywing Factory driver and one of the best in china he does alot of track testing with michael and he is also a good friend of ours .

He knows the car setups very well so whatever he tells you guys take his advice as he knows the turbo function very well .As for me im a hardware engineer so any hardware issues please let me know as well as software.

Mr dong will be able to assist others as well when we are in bangkok for the titc in feb 2011 so please approach any of us for help .

regards Angelo
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:21 AM   #2754
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Mr Dong sihzen is a hobbywing Factory driver and one of the best in china he does alot of track testing with michael and he is also a good friend of ours .

He knows the car setups very well so whatever he tells you guys take his advice as he knows the turbo function very well .As for me im a hardware engineer so any hardware issues please let me know as well as software.

Mr dong will be able to assist others as well when we are in bangkok for the titc in feb 2011 so please approach any of us for help .

regards Angelo
ok.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:27 AM   #2755
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
as well as software.
Send you a PM and email, waiting for your answer.
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #2756
Tech Addict
 
venom54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aspendale
Posts: 576
Default INSANE POWER !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will27 View Post
I just tried software 119 stock in my car.. holy C***!!!
It makes my 13.5 sound like my 4.5, only much more controllable
and the brakes are MUCH better too. Well done guys

The instruction reccommendations are pretty much bang on with the setup.
Heres what I ran:

Lrp X-11 13.5
FDR:6.75

4. DRRS 7
9. boost timing 40
10. turbo slope 18
12. turbo timing 24
13. start rpm 3000
14. turbo delay 0.2
15. timing acc 300

I will make a few tweaks, it needs a bit more low-mid range grunt.
I think I'll try this next and see how it goes:

4. DRRS 8-9
13. start rpm 2000
Just loaded and set parameters for the new 119 software in a T3 with a SP21.5. Torque is up and ramp up to turbo kick in is smoooooth and when it reaches its peak, well thanks for belted touring tyres and good tyre glue!
Temps seem to be very stable with fans attached. Try out this weekend Saturday PM at our local track and results posted after with setups used.

Cheers
Ren
__________________
Play hard but be nice to your parents!
VBC RACING|ASSOCIATED|XRAY|TEAM POWERS|THUNDER TIGER|HOBBYWING|HPI|WTF FANS|ORION AND MORE IN STORE.
145 COMO PARADE EAST 3195 PARKDALE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA.
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:40 AM   #2757
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Hi, Chinaman. are you a real chinese? If that, I want to use chinese to talk with you, it's much easier.

In this example, RPM 13000 is the end RPM when total 55degree boost timing applied on the motor, but at that time the car's speed is only about 20KM/H.
The car will continue to accelerate with all boost timing on the motor. So just before the turbo open, we can not know the actual RPM of the motor, maybe 25000,maybe 30000, it's depended on the throttle control and full throttle delay time. But since turbo is designed to help the straight top speed, we can decide the open point by our experience , for example on a 60m straight, if I want to open the turbo at the half point, I can estimate the delay time the car needed to reach the 30m half point after full throttle.

Another thing we must care is to control the turbo not open at some other area on the track, which may cause difficult to control the car into a corner.
That's probably occured if you set the delay time a small value such as 0.1s.
So in such cases, what i will do is to keep the throttle not fully pressed than 0.1s.

In our test, we found too much boost timing will highly consume the battery power(voltage drop) and make your laptimes slower after several laps. You may feel it's fast at the beginning, but you lose your overall result. So we prefer to use TURBO timing which will not bring lots of current and hot and can be controlled by our hands. Applying the timing when the car has a higher speed is always better if you don't want your motor too hot.
Agree
Before and after Boost and Turbo (supercharge)
we cant define rpm value,
and only during after start and simply just a calculation,

and at the edge of speed, the rpm is unknown, and also the timing,
as timing also increase on every defined rpm increment.

so we do need, the RPM Log in the firmware.

Sorry, i must say this again.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:02 AM   #2758
Tech Apprentice
 
sizheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irgo View Post
Agree
Before and after Boost and Turbo (supercharge)
we cant define rpm value,
and only during after start and simply just a calculation,

and at the edge of speed, the rpm is unknown, and also the timing,
as timing also increase on every defined rpm increment.

so we do need, the RPM Log in the firmware.

Sorry, i must say this again.
Irgo, you are so cute!

I can tell you when we test hobbywing 11.5T motors with FDR 5.7, the log shows the highest RPM about 43000. But the log is provided by another equipment. :-)
Don't ask me why and what, just want you know, we do log, but just for test and find the solution to improve.
__________________
TEAMHOBBYWING CHINA
sizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:07 AM   #2759
Tech Apprentice
 
sizheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Mr Dong sihzen is a hobbywing Factory driver and one of the best in china he does alot of track testing with michael and he is also a good friend of ours .

He knows the car setups very well so whatever he tells you guys take his advice as he knows the turbo function very well .As for me im a hardware engineer so any hardware issues please let me know as well as software.

Mr dong will be able to assist others as well when we are in bangkok for the titc in feb 2011 so please approach any of us for help .

regards Angelo
Angelo,

See you in Bangkok. Thanks for your hard work to provide we drivers such a good communicating platform.

Regards,
Salton. (This is my English name, easy for you to call me)
__________________
TEAMHOBBYWING CHINA
sizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #2760
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Doncaster, England
Posts: 7
Default Thanks Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi dude

yes the xtreme stock is rated down to a 8.5T for on road use you are correct .

Can i ask you a simple question with the cap have you activated 100% reverse in use with full brakes as someone has advised on this forum ?If you have it's no the right way of doing it and i dont recommened it because when going to full brakes but as well as the reverse function your causing a massive spike in reverse polarity which in turn would cause the the cap to burn .please send me an email at teamcobraracing@gmail.com and we can work together on the issue to solve it .

regards Angelo
The issue seems to have been with the cap. I don't use the brakes, just rely on the drag brakes, and had the brakes set at 75% and 25% reverse. I think the issue may have been one of 2 things, either it some how spiked or the wire to the cap board became detatched.
I have fitted a replacement cap as advised by Angelo. The good thing is the esc is still working. I have set reverse to 0%, and set the brakes to Drag Brake, hopefully this has sorted it.
bozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0