R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 01-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #2656
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWTF View Post
Wow.... 60deg of timing!

Funny, next race meeting is at a track with a pretty open layout.

Bye bye motor I'm going to cook you
I want to cook it like you , but it refused to be hot!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #2657
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Smile Dave they are due in in the next 5 days or so are airborne as we speak from Sunny China.

Havent got a lot so if you want one let me know will set you up pre order, www.racersinexile.org.uk
OK, I'll take one! Tried to find 17.5 on the drop down menu on the website......no joy.

Do you want a pm?

Dave
MENTAL DENTAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:50 PM   #2658
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The latest f/w updates are meant for stock motors only right? How about for modified motors? Any updates expected before TITC?

Thanks
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #2659
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
The latest f/w updates are meant for stock motors only right? How about for modified motors? Any updates expected before TITC?

Thanks
I think there's also 0119MOD listed on the menu. I haven't tried it yet though, maybe this weekend.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #2660
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I think there's also 0119MOD listed on the menu. I haven't tried it yet though, maybe this weekend.
That's great! Will upgrade the esc tonite
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 AM   #2661
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesalex View Post
I was running 101224 software yesterday and i lost the sensor positions on the speedo, it was stalling on the line and in the race at some points and there was another racer whos car stalled on the line with 224 software, much like the gm issue. so I think it may be one of the bugs. Anyway got home last night (after trying to fix track side with some help) uninstalled the pc software installed the new software, flashed the speedo back to 518 and problem fixed. I will update to the 119 when the english instructions are out.
Just an update on this, dont think this is a bug. tried the car today with 518 in after reflash and still had the same problem. Back to the drawing board.
www.hotbodiesonline.com
Jamesalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #2662
Tech Elite

English instructions for the 119 software

Thank you for your patients guys really appreciate it .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:18 AM   #2663
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by njt View Post
Re new software,
just checked the new 110119 and on my lcd programmer item 15 boost timing acceleration mine only goes to 50- 350 not the 750 as per instructions.
Which is correct ?
I think you can scroll down the list and you can see more options below ...
Old 01-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #2664
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Yes, I think you are correct.
During some tests we did, the only good way to improve the speed for these kinds of motors is lower the FDR. Because these motors' RPM can't be increased as expected when boost timing apply on it and it creates torque more than enough with that RPM.

I think 101224 is better for these kinds of motors.
I tested 1224 on Saturday and was very impressed with it, that was with a GM 13.5 with a 12.5mm 1600 gauss rotor. After reading your comment that 1224 is better with this kind of motor, and thinking that 1224 had bugs, i'm now confused. Am I better using 119, or using 1224?
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:27 AM   #2665
Tech Rookie

Default Set up suggestions for new software

Having just bought the HB extreme, I am looking for set up suggestions for new software 110119 .
I am currently running xray 007 with Novak ss 10.5. The carpet track is about 30x 20 metres. Have started with default setting and put on about 35% drag brakes. and have FDR about 6. Also run rubber tyres.
Thx
bozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:42 AM   #2666
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryh View Post
I tested 1224 on Saturday and was very impressed with it, that was with a GM 13.5 with a 12.5mm 1600 gauss rotor. After reading your comment that 1224 is better with this kind of motor, and thinking that 1224 had bugs, i'm now confused. Am I better using 119, or using 1224?
The 1224 has been replaced by the 110119. Nobody has come back with what type of bugs the 1224 had, whether they are 6-legged or 8 or those that buzz , just go with 518 or 110119.

Is the 110108 ok to be used as well?
Old 01-25-2011, 04:48 AM   #2667
Tech Regular

hey all!

I need some help here.

i have a massive delay when braking with the HW Extreme stock ESC. When braking it has some delay, i have adjusted the transmitter EPA to 135% brake and didnt really feel any difference. So what can i do to make it better?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:14 AM   #2668
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Or the sensor connection on the motor's side is faulty.....
It's done it on a 13.5 Losi as well. Maybe reflashing for a third time will help. May even download the next upgrade[110108] and try that?
MENTAL DENTAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:37 AM   #2669
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default little help

Guys, this is the first hobbying (Xtreme) I have ever owned (previous SP owner) so was hoping someone would pm me some help.

1. I have the SP LCD program card but for some reason I cannot update it to the HW firmware - any ideas why or how I can go about this as the current software on it is the SP and not sure if this will allow it to recognise the ESC or allow me to use it once I disconnect from the pc

2. I have downloaded the latest firmware (v3.0_110119STOCK) and can someone explain to me what the follwoing are - preferrably to SP language lol -

Boost timing - on the instructions this is upto 26.25 degrees - but the standard setting here is 32 degrees

Turbo open time

Turbo Timing - on the instructions this is upto 8 degrees - but the standard setting here is 24 degrees

Boost timing ACC - is this timing punch?

On the instructions I received with the ESC thse settings are not listed

Finally - there wouldnt be someone with a base setup I can start from for a 21.5 on road med size medium to high traction? Unsure how close the hw esc is to the sp esc where I was running around 4.1 FDR and eveything almost maxed out

Any help would be highly appreciated guys
Cheers
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:45 AM   #2670
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerge View Post
Guys, this is the first hobbying (Xtreme) I have ever owned (previous SP owner) so was hoping someone would pm me some help.

1. I have the SP LCD program card but for some reason I cannot update it to the HW firmware - any ideas why or how I can go about this as the current software on it is the SP and not sure if this will allow it to recognise the ESC or allow me to use it once I disconnect from the pc

2. I have downloaded the latest firmware (v3.0_110119STOCK) and can someone explain to me what the follwoing are - preferrably to SP language lol -

Boost timing - on the instructions this is upto 26.25 degrees - but the standard setting here is 32 degrees

Turbo open time

Turbo Timing - on the instructions this is upto 8 degrees - but the standard setting here is 24 degrees

Boost timing ACC - is this timing punch?

On the instructions I received with the ESC thse settings are not listed

Finally - there wouldnt be someone with a base setup I can start from for a 21.5 on road med size medium to high traction? Unsure how close the hw esc is to the sp esc where I was running around 4.1 FDR and eveything almost maxed out

Any help would be highly appreciated guys
Cheers
You're reading the wrong instructions; download the latest ones from the Hobbywing website and these explain all of the settings, with their new limits.

For 21.5 you can start with the 17.5 settings in the instructions and maybe add a bit more boost timing and/or drop the FDR.
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote