Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MENTAL DENTAL
Which of the two new firmwares should I move onto now?? Bought HW 60A Xerun and used for the first time last Sunday........very quick!!

Is there a significant difference between 110108 and 1224!??
I m using 224 which has a total timing(boost+turbo) of 46, while the 108 has total of 30 if I understand correctly, so 224 should be faster. I have not tried the 108 yet and I m happy with 224, runs fast and cooler motor temp, I m running 10.5-11.5t stock TC class BTW.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im running a novak 17.5 motor which should not be to much for the esc? The esc is always cool to the touch?

Originally Posted by sosidge
What motor, what truck, what settings?

I think you may be asking too much of the ESC. SC trucks are heavy, and if you are runing big power in it, it might be more than the boosted stock 1/10th ESC can deal with.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Hi all! I have one problem programming my Hobbywing Extreme stock ESC. I have standard programe right now and i am using the SET button to install my profiles.

But to my problem,
I cant manage to SET as the instruction tells me to do. It says i should while holding the SET in and turn on the ESC it should flash red, and then it should flash green one time. But when i do this it always end up the ESC is only led RED. not flashing or anything and it starts over again. It resets itself for no reason. so if anyone can help me fast i would be greatful! Thanks!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andy63
Hi all! I have one problem programming my Hobbywing Extreme stock ESC. I have standard programe right now and i am using the SET button to install my profiles.

But to my problem,
I cant manage to SET as the instruction tells me to do. It says i should while holding the SET in and turn on the ESC it should flash red, and then it should flash green one time. But when i do this it always end up the ESC is only led RED. not flashing or anything and it starts over again. It resets itself for no reason. so if anyone can help me fast i would be greatful! Thanks!
The set button Programming works well so you must be doing something wrong go back a few steps and try again and to be honest it is sensitive and a massive pain in the backside to do it that way .That programming method was established really for planes,boats and helis which is easy to program as for cars i dont recommend it to many features and if you want to use the turbo settings with your xtreme stock it will not work to many settings to go through .

I suggest you buy yourself a led card which is cheaper than the lcd and use that it will save you alot of heartache believe me .
Old 01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The set button Programming works well so you must be doing something wrong go back a few steps and try again and to be honest it is sensitive and a massive pain in the backside to do it that way .That programming method was established really for planes,boats and helis which is easy to program as for cars i dont recommend it to many features and if you want to use the turbo settings with your xtreme stock it will not work to many settings to go through .

I suggest you buy yourself a led card which is cheaper than the lcd and use that it will save you alot of heartache believe me .
Ok, i have setup the transmitter and the ESC. But when like i said press the buttons like the manual says the ESC reset itself again when it flashes green and then stop flashing and only turn into red.

Any other ideas would be great if there is any. Thanks

Last edited by Andy63; 01-20-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default HELP setting up my DX3r radio to the new 1s esc

I was reading in the manual you have to calibrate the esc to the radio. I understand the holding the mini button and setting the neutral, trotttle and brake. I am unsure how to set this EPA adjustment. The manual has for a futaba radio. Can some one walk me through the DX3r. Is the EPA the Expo on the DX3r? If that is the case do I set the H and L to 100%? Or am i just lost?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by zleader_99
I was reading in the manual you have to calibrate the esc to the radio. I understand the holding the mini button and setting the neutral, trotttle and brake. I am unsure how to set this EPA adjustment. The manual has for a futaba radio. Can some one walk me through the DX3r. Is the EPA the Expo on the DX3r? If that is the case do I set the H and L to 100%? Or am i just lost?

Thanks
not sure on the dx3 but here is what I know for the Sanwa Exces.

remove pinion from motor
plug in battery
turn on handset (ensure EPA throttle and break is at 100%, Expo set to '0', if you have it. radios with this setting usually have LCD displays)
hold small button near switch down (keep holding down)
Turn HW ESC black slide switch on
Green light should flash at base of ESC ( this is usually within 1 second)
press red button on esc once (you have set neutral)
push throttle to max (make sure the preset end point is 100% and the expotential is '0')
press red button on ESC once, ESC will beep and you have set full throttle
pull stick back on handset, again with EPA at 100% and expo on '0'. press red button again, ESC beeps twice I think, you have set brakes.

Then you increase the EPA throttle from 100% to 105%.
Don't touch the Expotential, this is a setting on how the throttle and brake behaves, you can set curves/ramps. a more experienced racer at your local track can help you on these. I set the Expo to -20% when the track is damp, it calms the power down, reducing wheelspin.

hope it helps.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zleader_99

Thanks
From memory.
Go into menu. Go to Travel. Set Fwd & Brake both to 100%.
Calibrate ESC, (neutral, throttle and brake)
Go back to Travel & increase to Fwd & Brake to 110% to ensure your hitting full throttle (Turbo Timing)

Hope this makes sense.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default setting my dx3r

Hey thanks for the info. So I should set my expo back to zero. EPA (end point adjustment) is the Travel adjustment on the spektum I assume. So I change my travel function and not expo? This is my new understanding.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kosmic
Can anyone honestly give me any idea what the hobbywing motors are like?? Reliability and performance against other brands?? I now only really ever run 13.5 class and even in 10.5 i normally leave 13.5 in there. I have tried a few different brands inc gm, sp passion, tekin and novak ss, and always end up sticking with gm as it has fixed timing and runs pretty cool
I wanna try hw mtr as it has the thermal cut on the esc and obviously will be compatible but dont wanna waste my money if they are pants
cheers
Someone.............????
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

yes leave the expo as '0' set the epa throttle and break at 100%. setup the esc/calibrate. then set the EPA throttle to 105/110%
done
Old 01-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kosmic
Someone.............????
kosmic, I probalby would say the HW motors are for hobby use. if you want major power/more than you can handle buy tekin/GM/novak/LRP/Corally/graupner etc... at 3-4 times the price.

this is by no way saying HW stuff is rubbish. The ESC's are awesome...
Old 01-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by whoopass
kosmic, I probalby would say the HW motors are for hobby use. if you want major power/more than you can handle buy tekin/GM/novak/LRP/Corally/graupner etc... at 3-4 times the price.

this is by no way saying HW stuff is rubbish. The ESC's are awesome...
I love my hw esc, just wondered about the motors being as good to??
Old 01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

kosmic, take a punt, how much are the motors?
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

tested 1224 last nite... i would say it was very2 smooth but i found the brake so poor compare with 518/422s... do i need to reflash...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.