R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 05-11-2010, 06:23 AM   #226
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The esc can hold only 1 firmware at a time but the lcd can hold 3 different settings .
Yes , ESC hold one firmware. If LCD card can hold at least 2 firmware.
We may change the firmware in ESC easily without PC.Just connect LCD to ESC and upgrade the firmware as you wish...
mos-leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #227
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos-leung View Post
Yes , ESC hold one firmware. If LCD card can hold at least 2 firmware.
We may change the firmware in ESC easily without PC.Just connect LCD to ESC and upgrade the firmware as you wish...
I'm sort of struggling here to understand why you would want to be changing between mod and stock firmwares during a race day. I can understand you not wanting to take a laptop to the track, but if you are racing mod one day, surely you would load the mod software at home before you go to the track, and then if you are racing stock at your next event, change the firmware to stock at home again before you go to your next event?????

Anyway.....
I had some good results with the new software last week at possibly one of the largest tracks in the UK that 13.5 motors race on. Sadly practise day was a washout so I didn't get a chance to try it before race day, and my driving let me down on what should have been a good result. In terms of straight line speed and accelleration, I certainly didn't feel down on power to the Tekin runners at all! Hopefully I'll get some more practise time before the next big meeting to try some more things out, but I'm pretty pleased with how it was running.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #228
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if we have the ability to at least shut off supercharger on the fly then only one firmware would be needed... Sometimes running stock u just may want to shut off the supercharger. Track conditions could be slick when you show up. Or you could be having traction or setup issues where if you took away some power it may actually help
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ran 422S/W tonight with 17.5 the motor came off at around 130F and I thought it was fading towards the end, anyone have similar problems?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #230
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to geubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Ran 422S/W tonight with 17.5 the motor came off at around 130F and I thought it was fading towards the end, anyone have similar problems?
Yes. It faded but wasnt hot - It was related to running to much timing to quickly I think. Cured it by reducing timing and gearing up
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #231
Tech Adept

Quote:
heat could cause fading as could lipo cut off to high. did you callibrate your speedo at 95 then turn it upto 105?
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #232
Tech Adept

sp have relesed their version of 422. as far as i can see its exactly the same as hw but for the sc rpm delay. hw 3000-15000 sp 4000-12000.
does this finally prove they are the same speedos?
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:01 AM   #233
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
I'm sort of struggling here to understand why you would want to be changing between mod and stock firmwares during a race day. I can understand you not wanting to take a laptop to the track, but if you are racing mod one day, surely you would load the mod software at home before you go to the track, and then if you are racing stock at your next event, change the firmware to stock at home again before you go to your next event?????

In some competition, it will be mod & stock in same day.
If you join both event, what you need ONE RC car with 2 motor (stock & mod). No PC to change the software.....
mos-leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #234
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos-leung View Post
In some competition, it will be mod & stock in same day.
If you join both event, what you need ONE RC car with 2 motor (stock & mod). No PC to change the software.....
Thats why you have 2 cars, 2 esc, 2 motor etc...
chovden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #235
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post
Yes. It faded but wasnt hot - It was related to running to much timing to quickly I think. Cured it by reducing timing and gearing up
I'm running the 6th setting on timing with 10 deg. of timing on the motor can. By gearing up, you mean lower fdr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
heat could cause fading as could lipo cut off to high. did you callibrate your speedo at 95 then turn it upto 105?
My motor was only at 55 degrees Celcius and batteries came off at 7.6V with cutoff at 6.8V so I don't think it was any of those two.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:31 AM   #236
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
hi keith,
ur car was quick the first qualifier, the second run when u change up timing on esc looks fading towards end of race, but still second quickest against lrp sxx ss which was not much....IMO if u played with gearing more might get more out of it....overall Im impress with the HW software can't wait to have mine installed n start playing with it
TRF4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:39 AM   #237
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to geubes

Quote:
I'm running the 6th setting on timing with 10 deg. of timing on the motor can. By gearing up, you mean lower fdr?

My motor was only at 55 degrees Celcius and batteries came off at 7.6V with cutoff at 6.8V so I don't think it was any of those two.
I was running setting 7 on timing setting and 10 degrees motor advance. Took off the motor advance and increased the pinion by 1 tooth, kept timing setting to 7. stopped the fading
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:42 AM   #238
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by geubes View Post
I was running setting 7 on timing setting and 10 degrees motor advance. Took off the motor advance and increased the pinion by 1 tooth, kept timing setting to 7. stopped the fading
Thanks, will give that a try.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #239
Tech Fanatic

Hi bros,

I'm currently using a 7.5T SP motor. Should I be running the stock firmware with turbo or the mod firmware. Would the turbo kill my motor? I'm using it for drifting.

HB TCD CSed 1:2.5
Silvialite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #240
Tech Elite

any issues using a "Y" connector for the lcd to the ESC? To avoid constant removal from the ESC or the receiver? At some point we will wear out or damage those connections..