R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #2041
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to geubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
A broken receiver....

Check if you still have a working steering servo, when this happens, if not it is certainly the receiver....
Ok, ill give it a go. I have a spare ESC to try and a receiver if need be
geubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #2042
Tech Elite

Just to keep you guys on your toes and interested there is something special coming from hobbywing as in software .

I have seen the changes and i guarantee 100% all of you will be very happy with the outcome .i cannot reveal yet what those changes are and no it's not a temp or rpm log software but something you guys have all been asking for and hobbywing has listened .Many new changes and features .

keep you all posted .

ALL COMING SOON :sneak y:
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #2043
Tech Addict

soon...!? hope not too long...

cobra...
is that true more boost timing will decrease low-end torque...? meaning that if at very short technical track, we should reduce boost timing to gain torque at low-end, is that the way...?
i need to know where is your preference at boost start rpm, half of straight length or more...?
thanc for reply...
zamrioo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:28 PM   #2044
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamrioo2 View Post

cobra...
is that true more boost timing will decrease low-end torque...? meaning that if at very short technical track, we should reduce boost timing to gain torque at low-end, is that the way...?
i need to know where is your preference at boost start rpm, half of straight length or more...?
thanc for reply...
To be honest with you i do drive and do alot of testing but im not a good driver by far lol.But from what i do i get a better understanding how the whole concept works .

Now yes you will decrease low end torque with high boost settings but that all depends on alot of things gearing is one ,track length is another ,turbo delay they all come into play .

Boost start rpm and delay id start at 1/2 to 3/4 somewhere in between on back straight depending on the length of the track this will give you some needed to time to slow down at the end and regain the low end torque coming in and out of the corner .

Ive seen alot of racers leave the delay to late and the turbo cutting in towards the end of the straight and they cannot handle the power coming into the corner then they lack lwo end torque to boost the turbo again .Think about it like a full scale car usually your max boost is mid to 3/4 track and then you need to start slowing down before hitting the corner its the same in touring.

Believe me think basics and think in the sense of full scale and you will understand the turbo settings in these esc's better as the basics are the same no matter r/c or full scale ,more boost more heat on full scale same as r/c more boost more heat so the concept is 100% the same very basic just some need time to understand it .

anything else you need please email me teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing .com

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 12-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #2045
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamrioo2 View Post

cobra...
thanc for reply...
Sorry to jump in on this point, esp after Angelo already answered.

Boost timing will only decrease your torque if you bring the timing in at to low of an rpm, or bring it in to fast. If you feel you dont have enough low end rip, then try raising your start RPM a notch and see if the car feels better to you. By keeping the timing lower, it will allow the motor to make the most amount of torque when exiting the corner. If the car feels flat during the corner exit, and then a huge surge of power (as Angelo explains) you can also try lowering your start RPM, but decrease the rate that the tming comes in (so increase #15). I find it flatens the throttle out abit, making the car more controllable in the infield.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #2046
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Sorry to jump in on this point, esp after Angelo already answered.

Boost timing will only decrease your torque if you bring the timing in at to low of an rpm, or bring it in to fast. If you feel you dont have enough low end rip, then try raising your start RPM a notch and see if the car feels better to you. By keeping the timing lower, it will allow the motor to make the most amount of torque when exiting the corner. If the car feels flat during the corner exit, and then a huge surge of power (as Angelo explains) you can also try lowering your start RPM, but decrease the rate that the tming comes in (so increase #15). I find it flatens the throttle out abit, making the car more controllable in the infield.

Shawn.
Thanks shawn for your input its good to see guys likes yourself helping out and making my job a little easier .Thank you very much and it also good to see that there is no arguments in this thread but excellent tech work for all to learn .

I will reveal one part of the software and that is the brake force goes from 4 options to 8 options in this new software so more brakes for all .

thats all i can say for now but many more to come
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #2047
Tech Apprentice

Slightly off topic i know but can you point me in the right direction please

I want to buy two 21.5t HobbyWing Brushless motors in the UK but i can't find them anywhere

I have found 2 people on ebay in Hong Kong who will post to the UK

Prefurably the New Gunmetal grey ones

Help Please

It would look great in my new car www.car69.me.uk
Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #2048
CFR
Tech Regular

2s & 13.5BL Set Up

anyone run it yet and what profiles, rollout to start with please
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #2049
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingedge View Post
Slightly off topic i know but can you point me in the right direction please

I want to buy two 21.5t HobbyWing Brushless motors in the UK but i can't find them anywhere

I have found 2 people on ebay in Hong Kong who will post to the UK

Prefurably the New Gunmetal grey ones

Help Please

It would look great in my new car www.car69.me.uk
Dude,
www.racersinexile.org.uk

Xray T3R, Hobbywing electronics. Yeah baby!

Rob(not Lee) Streeter
hectickurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:12 PM   #2050
Tech Adept

Default here's a question

I have a question, Turbo effectively ramps the car up at high speed, so coming off turbo will has that kind of aggressive power drop.

Now, does advancing the speedo timing have the same effect, or is the coming off power characteristic smooth and linear?

I ask this with a view to switching off the turbo and advancing the timing
Lohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:44 PM   #2051
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

I have always thought it was smooth. It may depend on how much drag brake you use (and I use a lot for off road)
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #2052
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Taking away turbo and using more boost timing and lower FDR will make it alot smoother.

Even a low turbo set up will help, you dont have to throw it away completely...

I race 17.5 touring and only really notice it on sweepers... But if i mess around and lower the FDR and run less turbo (usually run max boost) and adjust the punch accordingly (higher value for lower FDR) its fine...

Hope this helps.
Phill
Old 12-30-2010, 01:59 AM   #2053
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohan View Post
I have a question, Turbo effectively ramps the car up at high speed, so coming off turbo will has that kind of aggressive power drop.

Now, does advancing the speedo timing have the same effect, or is the coming off power characteristic smooth and linear?

I ask this with a view to switching off the turbo and advancing the timing

When the new software is available it actually really linear on the turbo getting on the turbo and getting off .so please be patient and you will see some major changes .

Turbos are always aggressive more than just normal timing .
Old 12-30-2010, 05:04 AM   #2054
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectickurt View Post
Except you do not list a 21.5 only the 13.5
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:36 AM   #2055
Tech Adept

Default I will be patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
When the new software is available it actually really linear on the turbo getting on the turbo and getting off .so please be patient and you will see some major changes .

Turbos are always aggressive more than just normal timing .
Cheers m8

I am gonna be patient, but in the meantime I will try and reduce the turbo

I must say that I am always happy to give up a bit of top end oomph for more useable, modulated power
Lohan is offline   Reply With Quote