R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2010, 03:37 AM   #1786
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy 540 View Post
Hi i cannot find firmware for Xtreme stock on HW wed site?
Andy please send me an email at teamcobraracing@gmail.com and i will help you

regards Angelo
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:42 AM   #1787
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Hi Guys

I have a PDF file attached so you guys can have a better idea about Hobbywings 5 pro racing esc's for 1/10th scale .

Justock
120 amp 2.1V 1S
120 amp 2.1v 2-3S
Xtreme stock
60 amp 2.1v .


It features specs,zero timing,how it work's and how to recognise that zero timing is activated .

zero timing feature

When using 508 software 100% Zero Timing the RED LED Flashes when the ESC is powered up and the throttle stick is located at neutral position (508_No timing firmware is activated ). The flashing frequency is about 2-2.5 times / second

thank you for your time

Angelo
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hobbywing esc information.pdf (72.2 KB, 222 views)
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:55 AM   #1788
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,127
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

when are the HW speedies going to approved by ROAR?
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:42 AM   #1789
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
when are the HW speedies going to approved by ROAR?
They will be approved by the Australian governing body soon information already sent to arrcmc as for roar that will be when they employ a new tech director as i know they are still searching for one and who knows when they will be in place .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:43 AM   #1790
Tech Elite
 
hacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vic, Australia
Posts: 3,127
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

thanks
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:50 AM   #1791
Tech Fanatic
 
irgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
It was discussed yesterday about a data logger with the software especially temp and rpm which will benefit hobbywing and the end user .Hobbywings benefit will be that the log will be none deletable so when there is warranty issues we can download the info when the esc is sent in for warranty or repair and we will know excatly what happened to it .For the consumer it will be a great way not only to protect your esc's but improve on your settings and setups .
Absolutely Great News!

been waiting since August ....

Thank's COB,

want it.
__________________
Quark Force
irgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #1792
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 57
Default

hei guys..
sorry to bother u with this prob again bt my esc is still flashing green in neutral trigger..
bt now i was able to record the temp when the esc is flashing green..
esc temp = 30-40 degrees
motor temp = 40-50 degrees

i already recheck all the solder n dont seem to find any shortage..
FDR 8.13,
setting of xerun 120a
4) 8
9) 7
12) 6
13) 4
14) 5
15) 5

do any1 know what might be my prob??
__________________
HSP X-STR, Orca RX1 11.5T, Xerun 120A
Heqal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #1793
Tech Regular
 
whoopass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heqal View Post
hei guys..
sorry to bother u with this prob again bt my esc is still flashing green in neutral trigger..
bt now i was able to record the temp when the esc is flashing green..
esc temp = 30-40 degrees
motor temp = 40-50 degrees

i already recheck all the solder n dont seem to find any shortage..
FDR 8.13,
setting of xerun 120a
4) 8
9) 7
12) 6
13) 4
14) 5
15) 5

do any1 know what might be my prob??
what motor? I had the same issue which you can resolve on a corally red 13.5. Its a problem with the ultra high gauss/kv reading. the ESC dont like it! motor runs at 1/4 speed and ESC flashes green indicating an overheat issue. swap motor and it works fine. however I got the corally back in and working after a small amount of insulating tape!
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #1794
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopass View Post
what motor? I had the same issue which you can resolve on a corally red 13.5. Its a problem with the ultra high gauss/kv reading. the ESC dont like it! motor runs at 1/4 speed and ESC flashes green indicating an overheat issue. swap motor and it works fine. however I got the corally back in and working after a small amount of insulating tape!
im using a rx1 11.5t motor..
could that be the problem?
__________________
HSP X-STR, Orca RX1 11.5T, Xerun 120A

Last edited by Heqal; 12-02-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Heqal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #1795
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heqal View Post
im using a rx1 11.5t motor..
could that be the problem?
yes as some motors including the orca is above it's kv rating then what it's suppose to be with the wind about 10-15% more than other 11.5T motors .I know some corally and tekin motors are the same 10-15% above anything else.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #1796
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
yes as some motors including the orca is above it's kv rating then what it's suppose to be with the wind about 10-15% more than other 11.5T motors .I know some corally and tekin motors are the same 10-15% above anything else.
thanks...
will try to swap my motor..
bt is there any other way rather then to swap my motor?

just wanting to be sure...
what is setting #15 (timing punch)??
as showed in the manual/instruction in the pdf file, setting #15 is rpm/degree while in the program lcd, #15 is based max to -6...
so what is setting #15???
so confuse right now
__________________
HSP X-STR, Orca RX1 11.5T, Xerun 120A

Last edited by Heqal; 12-02-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Heqal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #1797
Tech Regular
 
whoopass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heqal View Post
im using a rx1 11.5t motor..
could that be the problem?
I assume the ESc works fine with another motor of a different type?
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #1798
Tech Regular
 
whoopass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 295
Default

What software are you running? MOD or the stock 518?
I was going to try the 13.5 red on the mod setting to see if that solves the issue (I suspected it would have). but reading on this forum you need to insulate the small metal rings on the hall sensor from shorting out on the inside of the motor endbell. and this solved the issue, so never tried the mod software....
just ordered another ESC for hobbywing V2.1, great stuff!
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:26 AM   #1799
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopass View Post
What software are you running? MOD or the stock 518?
I was going to try the 13.5 red on the mod setting to see if that solves the issue (I suspected it would have). but reading on this forum you need to insulate the small metal rings on the hall sensor from shorting out on the inside of the motor endbell. and this solved the issue, so never tried the mod software....
just ordered another ESC for hobbywing V2.1, great stuff!
im was using the v2.0_101110stock firmware n have just switch back to da v2.0_518stock...
i havent tried with other motor as i own only 1 motor currently..still new n learning bro...
bt im assuming that the esc is still ok...

btw,have anyone waterproof their electronic??
have a few question to ask
sorry i dont know where to ask...
__________________
HSP X-STR, Orca RX1 11.5T, Xerun 120A
Heqal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:47 AM   #1800
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heqal View Post
hei guys..
sorry to bother u with this prob again bt my esc is still flashing green in neutral trigger..
bt now i was able to record the temp when the esc is flashing green..
esc temp = 30-40 degrees
motor temp = 40-50 degrees

i already recheck all the solder n dont seem to find any shortage..
FDR 8.13,
setting of xerun 120a
4) 8
9) 7
12) 6
13) 4
14) 5
15) 5

do any1 know what might be my prob??
If the flashing are irregular it could be that your neutral range are set to narrow so that it is on the border of being in neutral or on throttle or brake.

You can try giving the tinyest amount of throttle or brake to see if it stops.(That is if it is irregular)
snabbgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:50 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0