Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

Was using the xtreme stock over the weekend with a 13.5T. Used the set-up guide as per manual for the respective motor.

Initial impressions, very good.

Now just need to get the FDR right before tweaking the ESC further.

Will now put my old GM genius 120 on ebay
Old 11-24-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

may be a silly question,

But what make of motors have you all been running with the hobbywing Xtreme stock speedo. I normally run 10.5 and 13.5.

cheers
Old 11-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

My 4wd off road set up is similar:
With a 8.5-
Turbo - 4
RPM -12000

The turbo feel control the car while jumping. And gives it a little extra at the end of the straight. In my opinion.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nikos what abt 2wd?
Old 11-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ali_g
nikos what abt 2wd?
One page back

Originally Posted by nikos2002
for anyone running off road- here is the set up I have been using lately with the 120a and 60a in a 2wd car and truck with a 13.5 HW motor

1- forward/brake
2-3.0 cutoff
3- 30% drag brake (i like alot)
4- DRRS - 7
5- brake force - 100%
6- reverse force- 25%
7- initial brake - 20%
8- neutral 6%
9- timing 22.5*
10- over hear enable
12- turbo - 6
13- RPM - 7500
14 delay .4
15- punch -4
Old 11-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

And all these setups are really quite useless without info on FDR.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Actually setups are useless without track info
Old 11-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ESC Timing

Have a question about the timing in the newer firmwares (518/528).

When using Boost, why does the speedo get rid of the static timing from the ESC? And could there be a newer version of the firmware that allows more boost.

Currently, I would have to run 20deg (endbell), 21deg (Boost), and 8 deg (turbo). (Total 49deg).

Other manufactures are able to run 0 deg endbell, 10deg static (same as endbell), and 40 deg boost, 10 deg turbo.

My last question is about the 518/528 FWs. I read somewhere in this forum that there is a difference between the two with the timing values, and the Timing Punch. Is there any charts (like the one in the manual) that shows the difference between the two FW's ?

One last question. Does the overheat protection work with Novak Ballistic motors? The manual states that motor overheat will only work with HW motors.

Thanks,
Shawn.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
My 4wd off road set up is similar:
With a 8.5-
Turbo - 4
RPM -12000

The turbo feel control the car while jumping. And gives it a little extra at the end of the straight. In my opinion.

Thanks again nikos2002.

Now the info he is sharing is proably not a perfect setup for everyones car. They are all diffrent but it does give you a base to work off of .

I appreciate him taking the time to post them.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shawn68z

When using Boost, why does the speedo get rid of the static timing from the ESC? And could there be a newer version of the firmware that allows more boost.

Currently, I would have to run 20deg (endbell), 21deg (Boost), and 8 deg (turbo). (Total 49deg).

Other manufactures are able to run 0 deg endbell, 10deg static (same as endbell), and 40 deg boost, 10 deg turbo.

My last question is about the 518/528 FWs. I read somewhere in this forum that there is a difference between the two with the timing values, and the Timing Punch. Is there any charts (like the one in the manual) that shows the difference between the two FW's ?

One last question. Does the overheat protection work with Novak Ballistic motors? The manual states that motor overheat will only work with HW motors.

Thanks,
Shawn.
Are you serious about your info ? the numbers i have seen from you makes me wonder fast or time bomb .The motor would ping so much with such a high degree of timing that it would not only heat your motor to the extreme or no return and damage your esc at the same time .

are you 100% of your math ?
Old 11-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Are you serious about your info ? the numbers i have seen from you makes me wonder fast or time bomb .The motor would ping so much with such a high degree of timing that it would not only heat your motor to the extreme or no return and damage your esc at the same time .

Actually no, I'm not 100% on my math. I am making some assumptions. Mainly that Novak has marked the motor correctly, and that the hobbywing manual is correct.

I have been running my 1S 1/12 17.5BL with 80mm rollout and 45deg of timing with no issues. Motor is 100F after 8minutes.

I asked acouple of the racers ,that have faster cars down the straights, what there setup is, with there tekin to compare, and some of them are running upto 60deg of total timing, and coming off the track at 135F.

If my math is wronge, or I am in correct about something, please let me know, I want to increase my speed down the straight, while keeping the infield performance.

Shawn.

Shawn.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Actually no, I'm not 100% on my math. I am making some assumptions. Mainly that Novak has marked the motor correctly, and that the hobbywing manual is correct.

I have been running my 1S 1/12 17.5BL with 80mm rollout and 45deg of timing with no issues. Motor is 100F after 8minutes.

I asked acouple of the racers ,that have faster cars down the straights, what there setup is, with there tekin to compare, and some of them are running upto 60deg of total timing, and coming off the track at 135F.

If my math is wronge, or I am in correct about something, please let me know, I want to increase my speed down the straight, while keeping the infield performance.

Shawn.

Shawn.

Ok shawn please send me an email and we can work on it together what do you say ?

[email protected]

regards Angelo
Old 11-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default SuperCharge Maximum Timing Speed Passion and Hobbywing

Thanks,
Shawn.
Originally Posted by COBRARACING

Shawn.

Shawn.

i dont think 68z said is wrong.,.

and actually what happened on Hobbywing and Speed Passion
at SuperCharge is reaching it's maximum Timing allowed,
but SuperCharge have specific task to reach its maximum Timing ( real Maximum Timing ).

i have been telling on Speed Passion Thread either.
but no one believes how Timing works.

The Actual Fixed Timing is on The motor freely to be adjusted physically 0-60Deg,
while Protected to only 15Deg, as the motor is assumed to work with
Software Timing.
add more The Advanced Timing such ex: 0~26Deg
put the Phicical Timing 15+26=41Deg During The Dynamic Advanced Timing
only.
While SuperCharge Do more Timing additionally To Reach it's Maximum Timing.
Phycical Timing+Dynamic Advanced Timing+Supercharge Timing+SuperCharger Timing Punch.

Where SC Timing and SC TP add more than that
EX: after PT+DMTS=41Deg then +8DEG of SCT = 49Deg (almost 50Deg here)
then 49Deg of Timing During the SCT add more after that to reach it's
maximum Timing, Such 1 Deg per Certain RPM ex:
49 Deg + 1Deg every new 1000RPM,
So if your RPM increase 2000 RPM after the SCT
the SCTP ad more 2Deg Timing (49Deg + 2DEG = 51DEG)

While SCTP has it's own Limit that is Secretly not mention on the manual,
and i have been asked this to Palmer recently, they wont uncover about this.
SCTP might Limit to 60DEG or (Safety unlimited Timing) as SCTP maintain it's Torque,...

SCTP Maintain it's Torque to reduce The heat of excessive timing
by reading of it's RPM Increment.
(SCT read The Start RPM and SCTP read the RPM Increment after the
SCT have been Reach during the Full Throttle).

( The Conclusion is That Hobbywing and Speed Passion can reach it's Maximum Timing to 60Deg )
it does like novak Does, but just doing it differently(Better).

Last edited by irgo; 11-24-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Off Road is a little different than on road- there really isnt one magical FDR.

It depends on track layout, traction, jumps, driving style, chassis and gearbox ratio.

I mostly run on med to high bite clay surfaces, jumps where car control in the air is helpful because you need the right attitude for landing. The straights aren't all that long. You gear for the track more than ultimate straight line speed. There have been days when i need more torque to clear a jump that I gear down tooth or two just for that. Sacriface the straight line speed for clearing that triple (as an example).

If you want to know with my TQ cars
2wd 13.5 - 80-27
Truck 13.5 - 86-24 (I think off the top of my head)
4wd 8.5 - 85-21 (10.5 85-23)

Like they said above, everyone likes things a little different, I like a lot of drag brake, some don't, some like different DRRS, I am happy with my profile settings, they seem to work well for me.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Pinion and spurgear sizes doesent give FDR either. You have to know the internal ratio to...

Relax, i'm pulling your leg here

I know what you mean and i experienced the same thing this outdoor season.

I found dynamic timing software to be great for saving the car from going nose down in the dirt after some jumps thanks to the ability to rev a lot more than with static timing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.