9 = 5
12 = 4
13 = 5
14 = 4
15 = 6

after 7 mins runs... competitively
Motor temps 50 degrees C...
Ambient = ~ 29 - 31 C
That is about bang on what I'm running with my 10.5R SP 3.0, same temps etc as well, although my FDR is 7.1.

Not a lot of guys to race of late here though, so I just dial down 12 up or down to match whoever else is running whatever specs speed wise.

Setting 12 seems the overall speed vs heat end point, once 4 is dialed to give the low end you want, and 9 is tweaked to your mid range and general power level, 12 just seems to give that final top end factor.

The rest of the settings are more motor turn spec settings (unless your chasing something specific), most of these settings posted are within what most people are looking for, and I still think that guide I posted a few pages back works fine, if it's outdated I'm not sure where cause it seems on par with every other guide or recommendation I have found.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedFreakNL
Can anybody please tell me with motor's out there support the overheat protections. Only the HW motor or are there other motor's as well ?

Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by COBRARACING
They are being tested as we speak for roar approval .motors that can be used Lrp ,Novak ,speed passion
hey
Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by zamrioo2
i m running 2 caps for 10.5t motor... do i need more caps for 4.5t motor...?
Hobbywings upgrade capacitor bank of 4 is rated down to a 3.5T .what rating are you caps are they original which come with the product or aftermarket?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hello people

What do you think guys,
imagine driving a xerun 120 with a 13.5t motor,
do you think any software updates would make it a lot faster then it allready is?
Or are we at the limit right now with the timing etc..?

I ask this because Tekin is coming with new software every few weeks and Hobbywing isn`t...? Is this marketing of Tekin...?

Myself, i changed from Tekin to Hobbywing and its so much better and easier to drive, but the Tekin is just a very little bit faster in the middle rpm when the turbo kicks in..For the Hobbywing i just cant the turbo kick in...its easy.

Any opinions on this, more people that used both?
Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rbakker
What do you think guys,
do you think any software updates would make it a lot faster then it allready is?

I ask this because Tekin is coming with new software every few weeks and Hobbywing isn`t...? Is this marketing of Tekin...?

Myself, i changed from Tekin to Hobbywing and its so much better and easier to drive, but the Tekin is just a very little bit faster in the middle rpm when the turbo kicks in..For the Hobbywing i just cant the turbo kick in...its easy.

I have both the HW and Tekin ESCs. I am not sure about Tekin offering a new software every few weeks. They have only released 3-4 times in the past year.

Anyway, since I have used the Tekin longer, I am more used to the interface. Also, Tekin allows you to fine tune the ESC more than the HW. However, the downside is, it requires a computer to do that.

As for HW, all you need is the LCD controller and you can make any adjustments at the track w/o a laptop. a BIG +! In terms of size HW is bigger, so for some applications, Tekin has the advantage there.

In terms of performance, I find them to be about the same. Since if you spend time fine tuning both esc's, you can basically match the two.

Now if you consider the price, of course HW wins here.

So at the end, if you dont mind the higher price and wants more fine tuning options, then the Tekin is for you.

But if you want a value ESC and dont want to play with too many parameters, just set-n-go-play style, HW is the one.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Hobbywings upgrade capacitor bank of 4 is rated down to a 3.5T .what rating are you caps are they original which come with the product or aftermarket?
own a ver2.1 120A... the 2 caps originally came with the esc... no idea what rating is about, but it shown 330, 16V, PD06...

The Capacitor network is used to equalise the battery voltage to the esc and not allow the battery to increase also there board protects from voltage spikes and radio interference
my 1st thought was the caps will increase the current to the esc... i was totally wrong and stupid too
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbakker
What do you think guys,

hobbywings are easier to use and cheaper and the speed diffrence is very narrow
Old 11-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I recently used both Tekin and HW at a recent title meet and I found the HW was a little quicker in a straight line but with similar feel to the Tekin elsewhere on the track... The only other difference I noted was in battery usage... the HW was consistently 200-300mA heavier in usage over similar pace runs... but thats probably where the extra straight line pace came from
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

From what I have seen speed wise I think it's splitting hairs between what each brand will do, but then considering dynamic timing always has limits, I think most all the brands found those limits earlier in the year, so after that firmware updates have been more about tweaking and fine tuning.

People seem to say the Tekin is much harder to setup, both in settings and because you need the laptop, but I take that with a grain of salt because people also seem to say the HW is too hard.

I think the Tekin has an ability to tweak a little better, but then for the difference in price you would want it, if you want to look above that even, they say for driveability it's hard to beat the GM, like a step above everything else, not faster as such but just smoother with even more adjustment.

If I had the money I'd go right past the Tekin and buy a GM, but then right now I don't, so the HW is absurd value for the money, my 60A is still blowing my mind on what it does for the nothingness I paid for it.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

I have been much quicker with the HW than the Tekin. Running with a Duo 2 My car has been consistently the fastest at the track but my driving lets it down terribly I have been playing with a Nemesis and have even got one of these within 0.2 of a Duo 2 which im surpised with as everyone says they are dog motors. Running boost 6, turbo 5, 0.2 delay punch -3 start 4500, 4 degrees on the can and FDR 5.1 HW loves gearing.

We have the Electric Nationals coming up in Australia in 2 and a bit weeks and there will be plenty of fast guys running Tekin, HW, LRP, Black Diamond in stock and super stock so it will be very interesting to see how fast each of the speedies are. There will also be plenty of guys using Duo2 and SP v3 to compare apples to apples.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Benzaah
I have been much quicker with the HW than the Tekin. Running with a Duo 2 My car has been consistently the fastest at the track but my driving lets it down terribly I have been playing with a Nemesis and have even got one of these within 0.2 of a Duo 2 which im surpised with as everyone says they are dog motors. Running boost 6, turbo 5, 0.2 delay punch -3 start 4500, 4 degrees on the can and FDR 5.1 HW loves gearing.

We have the Electric Nationals coming up in Australia in 2 and a bit weeks and there will be plenty of fast guys running Tekin, HW, LRP, Black Diamond in stock and super stock so it will be very interesting to see how fast each of the speedies are. There will also be plenty of guys using Duo2 and SP v3 to compare apples to apples.
May I ask how many turn motor are you running with your setup? I also assume this is for 2s operation, correct? Thanks!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I will be using HW at the nationals, with either a Duo2 or a SP V3 (17.5)

Recently ran at the NSW state titles. Car did not seem any slower then anything else... i think i was the only HW in the A's... which was a surprise.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hardmankam
In terms of size HW is bigger, so for some applications, Tekin has the advantage there.
Hobbywing Xtreme has the same dimensions of Tekin ...
Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
I will be using HW at the nationals, with either a Duo2 or a SP V3 (17.5)

Recently ran at the NSW state titles. Car did not seem any slower then anything else... i think i was the only HW in the A's... which was a surprise.
I also run a HW in the state titles in stock, but got not near the A's at all (something to do with my driving)
What set up did you run on the HW and what FDR?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i ran at state titles with my hbbywing it was great the car was very simillar to the tekin speedies i ended up i high b's i just need to improve on my driving

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.