Wiki Posts
Search

Noisy JR servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default Noisy JR servo

Just wanted to know if the JR digital servos are notoriously noisy? I have a brand new DS8711 and it's the nosiest servo I've ever owned, it functions fine other than the noise. I understand there is noise with digital servos, this one is just much noisier than my Futaba servos so I was just curious.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

LOL That a big YES! The JR DS8711 servo is the loudest servo I have ever heard. Mine does the same thing and I have had no problems.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:34 AM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The new servos these days buzz like crazy.....
Old 02-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shanty140
LOL That a big YES! The JR DS8711 servo is the loudest servo I have ever heard. Mine does the same thing and I have had no problems.
Cool thanks for that, Like I said I run Futaba digitals and they aren't nearly as noisy so I was just wondering if this was common of JR digital servos.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I wonder if the servos can be programmed to not center them selves consistently. I bet all that noise is draining the batteries also.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xjqkz
I wonder if the servos can be programmed to not center them selves consistently. I bet all that noise is draining the batteries also.
I have done loaded amp testing on DS8715/DS8915 (fast spec DS8711) in my Losi 8ight and max A pulled was 4.2 while both servos were stalled. While the servos at neutral they only draw .2 of an Amp, so as long as your gear is set up correctly, not overthrowing or closing too far, then you'll have no worries with them!
Old 02-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default JR

I ran 2 ds8711 for 2 yrs 1 in bug & 1 in trug. They were extremely quiet. The most reliable servo I have ran to this day.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tristyn
I ran 2 ds8711 for 2 yrs 1 in bug & 1 in trug. They were extremely quiet. The most reliable servo I have ran to this day.
Really, weird. When I worked at a hobby store every single 8711 that I saw was noisy compared to others. I am not saying the servo is always buzzing even when not moving it. If the servo is always buzzing and doesn't stop with no resistance (Hole the tires off the ground) then your steering system might be a little tight and you may have to adjust something.

As for the servo draining your batteries. I wouldn't worry about it, all digital servos I have seen constantly are looking for center and it doesn't seem to hurt the battery life. I am happy digital servos are always looking for center, thats one of the reasons digital servo's are better then analog. It's make them more precise.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shanty140
Really, weird. When I worked at a hobby store every single 8711 that I saw was noisy compared to others. I am not saying the servo is always buzzing even when not moving it. If the servo is always buzzing and doesn't stop with no resistance (Hole the tires off the ground) then your steering system might be a little tight and you may have to adjust something.

As for the servo draining your batteries. I wouldn't worry about it, all digital servos I have seen constantly are looking for center and it doesn't seem to hurt the battery life. I am happy digital servos are always looking for center, thats one of the reasons digital servo's are better then analog. It's make them more precise.
Mine seems to buzz constantly, I checked the steering and everything is very free, it will buzz even when I remove the horn. Like I said the servo is brand new.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmy_G
I have done loaded amp testing on DS8715/DS8915 (fast spec DS8711) in my Losi 8ight and max A pulled was 4.2 while both servos were stalled. While the servos at neutral they only draw .2 of an Amp, so as long as your gear is set up correctly, not overthrowing or closing too far, then you'll have no worries with them!
thats good to know