R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Noisy JR servo (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/370548-noisy-jr-servo.html)

trerc 02-14-2010 05:37 AM

Noisy JR servo

Just wanted to know if the JR digital servos are notoriously noisy? I have a brand new DS8711 and it's the nosiest servo I've ever owned, it functions fine other than the noise. I understand there is noise with digital servos, this one is just much noisier than my Futaba servos so I was just curious.

shanty140 02-14-2010 05:41 AM

LOL That a big YES! The JR DS8711 servo is the loudest servo I have ever heard. Mine does the same thing and I have had no problems.

wfo 02-14-2010 07:34 AM

The new servos these days buzz like crazy.....

trerc 02-14-2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by shanty140 (Post 7003103)
LOL That a big YES! The JR DS8711 servo is the loudest servo I have ever heard. Mine does the same thing and I have had no problems.

Cool thanks for that, Like I said I run Futaba digitals and they aren't nearly as noisy so I was just wondering if this was common of JR digital servos.

TopGearRC 02-14-2010 03:23 PM

I wonder if the servos can be programmed to not center them selves consistently. I bet all that noise is draining the batteries also.

Timmy_G 02-14-2010 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by xjqkz (Post 7004965)
I wonder if the servos can be programmed to not center them selves consistently. I bet all that noise is draining the batteries also.

I have done loaded amp testing on DS8715/DS8915 (fast spec DS8711) in my Losi 8ight and max A pulled was 4.2 while both servos were stalled. While the servos at neutral they only draw .2 of an Amp, so as long as your gear is set up correctly, not overthrowing or closing too far, then you'll have no worries with them!

tristyn 02-14-2010 04:24 PM

JR

I ran 2 ds8711 for 2 yrs 1 in bug & 1 in trug. They were extremely quiet. The most reliable servo I have ran to this day.

shanty140 02-14-2010 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by tristyn (Post 7005193)
I ran 2 ds8711 for 2 yrs 1 in bug & 1 in trug. They were extremely quiet. The most reliable servo I have ran to this day.

Really, weird. When I worked at a hobby store every single 8711 that I saw was noisy compared to others. I am not saying the servo is always buzzing even when not moving it. If the servo is always buzzing and doesn't stop with no resistance (Hole the tires off the ground) then your steering system might be a little tight and you may have to adjust something.

As for the servo draining your batteries. I wouldn't worry about it, all digital servos I have seen constantly are looking for center and it doesn't seem to hurt the battery life. I am happy digital servos are always looking for center, thats one of the reasons digital servo's are better then analog. It's make them more precise.

trerc 02-15-2010 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by shanty140 (Post 7006186)
Really, weird. When I worked at a hobby store every single 8711 that I saw was noisy compared to others. I am not saying the servo is always buzzing even when not moving it. If the servo is always buzzing and doesn't stop with no resistance (Hole the tires off the ground) then your steering system might be a little tight and you may have to adjust something.

As for the servo draining your batteries. I wouldn't worry about it, all digital servos I have seen constantly are looking for center and it doesn't seem to hurt the battery life. I am happy digital servos are always looking for center, thats one of the reasons digital servo's are better then analog. It's make them more precise.

Mine seems to buzz constantly, I checked the steering and everything is very free, it will buzz even when I remove the horn. Like I said the servo is brand new.

TopGearRC 02-15-2010 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Timmy_G (Post 7005104)
I have done loaded amp testing on DS8715/DS8915 (fast spec DS8711) in my Losi 8ight and max A pulled was 4.2 while both servos were stalled. While the servos at neutral they only draw .2 of an Amp, so as long as your gear is set up correctly, not overthrowing or closing too far, then you'll have no worries with them!

thats good to know :)