Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Servo bouncing/play normal? >

Servo bouncing/play normal?

Servo bouncing/play normal?

Old 02-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default Servo bouncing/play normal?

I purchased 2 servos from a forum member here and something seems wrong. The first servo is a hitec 5645MG and there seems to be play in the gears. I can rock the servo arm back and forth a bit which creates play in the steering. I've confirmed it is the servo itself and not any of the linkage by taking the servo out and moving the arm itself. The second servo I got from this person is a hitec 625MG. While this one has no play in the gears when I turn the servo one way it will bounce when it reaches full travel. It does not do this the other direction. It also will bounce when returned to center going one way. By bounce i mean it returns to center but moves back the opposite direction a bit, then comes back. You can hear the servo moving so this isn't some play in there somewhere. The guy said he just received both of them back from hitec. Do I need to send these servos back to hitec to have them looked at? I will attempt to contact the seller here if this is in fact a problem w/ the servos but I got these a month or so ago and just now got the batteries for my new buggy so I'm pretty confident he'll tell me to go pound sand anyway. Opinions?

Thanks
Dave
Old 02-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Would be my guess as to why he sold them. Unfortunately it's the chance you take buying used (especially servos). I would suggest in the future testing them right away that way if there is a problem it's known immediately after receiving them. I know after a month I wouldn't help you out on them, then again I dont own junk nor would I try to sell it.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sounds like its time to contact Hitec. Think you waited a bit too long before checking them out to go back on the seller.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

absolutely agree that I waited too long. Nobody to blame but myself here. I could have just as easily been one who purchased them and destroyed them and went back to the seller and complained. Here is a video of what they are doing just to confirm the servos should NOT do this. It is hard to tell as i'm not on a perfectly solid surface but there is a good 1/16" of play in there. I suppose the thing that drew me in was that he said they "just came back from hitec". Lesson learned here..

http://dave.cfbinc.com/rc/MOV03505.MPG
http://dave.cfbinc.com/rc/MOV03506.MPG
Old 03-29-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It sucks to see this happen to people, but honestly I wouldn't buy used servos from someone, and I would never buy Hitec either way, with my luck in the passed they have never worked right for me, and if they did, not for long. With that said I do own a couple hitecs but thats because they came in a package deal. IMO Airtronics/Sanwa, KO are some of the best, and these new JR's seem very impressive but I havent tried therm yet. I'm still running my old Air 59/60 combos in all my buggys and truggies.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by G35Titan
It sucks to see this happen to people, but honestly I wouldn't buy used servos from someone, and I would never buy Hitec either way, with my luck in the passed they have never worked right for me, and if they did, not for long. With that said I do own a couple hitecs but thats because they came in a package deal. IMO Airtronics/Sanwa, KO are some of the best, and these new JR's seem very impressive but I havent tried therm yet. I'm still running my old Air 59/60 combos in all my buggys and truggies.
Lesson learned. I paid more than new for these two when all ws said and done and back from Hitec.