Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba Service Center Horror Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

man that 4pk is an overpriced piece of junk. I have stuck with my 3pks, use XPS module and reciever, and hitec servos, seems to be the best combo I've ever had.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I sent a Futaba 3PM 2.4GHz in to them once for repair. They fixed it and returned it to me, in Canada, within two weeks.

I had an issue with the 3PK receivers overheating. The best solution I could find was the DX3R. I love the Spektrum.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I ultimately sold my futaba equipment for similar reasons. When the whole fasst shutdown thing first started I was right in the middle of it. I had just bought the fasst system for my 3pk and it worked great until summer started. I had no idea what was happening so I just put my 75 mhz gear back in until I talked to futaba about it. I called the service center and talked to one of there techs and he was like "shutting down? We have not heard any problems with the receivers shutting down. Send it back to us and we will check it out." So I send it back, parts returned about 10 days later, same problem. Thats when I decided it was time to move on.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Prophet

yea i dont use the futaba fasst system on my 3pk, i use the speckum system
never overheats but does sometimes, gets a bit warm if you leave it on for a while.

i had problems with the speckum too from loose, connections in the module it and a loose wire or something in the reseiver, and had to get it fix 2 times after that its, been fine. nothing is perfect.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Wow that sux Joe, hope it all works out of ya, what are you doin with your 4pk carry case?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrankBlack
Wow that sux Joe, hope it all works out of ya, what are you doin with your 4pk carry case?
not sure yet..... it's all wrapped up... i may see if i can get new foam and use it for whatever i get. looking at the new KO coming out.

Last edited by jpalessi; 01-18-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

JP - sorry to hear about the trouble with the CS. That's not supposed to happen that way, obviously.

For the people commenting about the poor quality of Futaba equipment, you must not have much experience with radios. Apart from the occasional and very rare defect, Futaba is is either the best, or in a close battle for the top two or three. They make EXCEPTIONAL radio equipment and I've run many versions every radio from every brand available. I don't run for Futaba or have any connection to them other than as a user that is supremely satisfied with the quality. I've routinely paid for Futaba radios and servos when I've had offers for free equipment from other companies because I've had such a good experience with their products. They also own O.S. Engines, and those too are among the very best in quality. I have a good 25 years of experience with their radios, servos and engines, and have never been disappointed.

That doesn't make the poor customer service experience go away, and if it's any consolation, it's not them that's performing the customer service, but it should be better than what you described - no question.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SteveP
JP - sorry to hear about the trouble with the CS. That's not supposed to happen that way, obviously.

For the people commenting about the poor quality of Futaba equipment, you must not have much experience with radios. Apart from the occasional and very rare defect, Futaba is is either the best, or in a close battle for the top two or three. They make EXCEPTIONAL radio equipment and I've run many versions every radio from every brand available. I don't run for Futaba or have any connection to them other than as a user that is supremely satisfied with the quality. I've routinely paid for Futaba radios and servos when I've had offers for free equipment from other companies because I've had such a good experience with their products. They also own O.S. Engines, and those too are among the very best in quality. I have a good 25 years of experience with their radios, servos and engines, and have never been disappointed.

That doesn't make the poor customer service experience go away, and if it's any consolation, it's not them that's performing the customer service, but it should be better than what you described - no question.
Steve,
as I said in a previous post the performance is not the problem.. I too have been using nothing but futaba gear for about 15 years, a few other servos here and there, but always futaba transmitter. As much as i like the gear i refuse to continue supporting futaba by purchasing anymore products or recommending them to ppl. If I had $1 for every time someone asked me "hey how you like that 4pk" NO MORE! Now I'll be answering that question about another co.... hopefully one that appreciates their customers.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default Futaba customer disservice...

I can't freakin stand their customer service. I have been using futaba forever. I had never had a problem until I kept striping servo gears in a 9051 and it was like pulling teeth to get them to send me a few plastic gears to replace myself. The servos are great overall. The quality is great, but the next time had one die and they charged me like 50 bucks to send in my servo and put a 3dollar potentiometer in it a got grease all over it and it still acted funny to one side. I talked to them again and they really turned me off...I was mad and I will just throw em away before calling or e mailing them. And for radios I love Airtronics, I like the mx-3 it's not too hitech and works great. I also use the old crystals too. Less problems. I just don't see the need to spend 400 dollars on a radio. That's just silly...I wouldn't mind getting the m11 with crystals. i bet I could get one for a good price....
Old 01-19-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jpalessi
Steve,
as I said in a previous post the performance is not the problem.. I too have been using nothing but futaba gear for about 15 years, a few other servos here and there, but always futaba transmitter. As much as i like the gear i refuse to continue supporting futaba by purchasing anymore products or recommending them to ppl. If I had $1 for every time someone asked me "hey how you like that 4pk" NO MORE! Now I'll be answering that question about another co.... hopefully one that appreciates their customers.
jpalessi - I hoped to make it clear the distinction between your customer service experience and the comments made about the quality of the product. I say again, that your experience is unfortunate and shouldn't have happened. There's no explanation for it and I completely understand your reaction. My comments were directed at those that were saying Futaba is crap (paraphrasing). I'm firmly of the opinion that Futaba makes great product - but that's independent of your experience with the people that provide the customer service in our corner of the world. As you describe it, I don't think too many people would be too happy with their experience and I don't blame you at all for your dissatisfaction.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Default The problem is....

that futaba has poor tech support and service. I love futaba servos. The new brushless servos are so smooth and perfect, but for the cost of your products it would be nice to not have to print out a sheet from pdf from the mid 80's and be charged for every little thing, and be talked to and written to like futaba does, it makes you seem like you don't care about the customer. Lots of money to fix servos and they still aren't fixed after a long time in the mail, sounds like a pattern..Other servo makers send new servos to me if they break, even out of warranty sometimes, but you guys at futaba send back the same old broken stuff, what a scam....Look Steve get your act together over there at futaba and you won't have threads talking bad about your service. I mean I sent one servo in after 20 years of using futaba servos and you guys gave me the run around. I try to fix them myself, if i can't then you guys should.....bottom line...If you want to fix it I saved it for you. It still doesn't work....
Old 01-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Merdith, perhaps you missed the big sentence in my previous post that I DON'T WORK FOR FUTABA and never have. I'm a life-long fan of their products because the quality is exceptional, and it's a disappointment to me that the reputation for such a quality product is being damaged by a careless customer service rep. I've been to the Futaba and OS factories and met many of the people behind the product. They work their asses off to make us top quality radio gear, engines, etc. I'm sure they would very disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Going thru the posts, I only seen two posts saying that there equipment was crap. Thats not alot of bad posts the others were about customer service which in my eyes is just as important as great equipment. Every company out there will have problems, but when you send it in for repair and it comes back the same way or hear we have never heard of that happening makes you wonder. Thats why customer service is very important to me, send it in for repair gets fixed no questions and quick turn around. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was also a Futaba diehard, radios and servos, really good topnotch stuff, but there customer service cause me to go spectrum....Sorry Futaba, but you got to fix your north American customer service.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default FOR SALE!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...wout-sale.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.