Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Novak Havoc Pro, setup issue has got me stumped! >

Novak Havoc Pro, setup issue has got me stumped!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Havoc Pro, setup issue has got me stumped!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Novak Havoc Pro, setup issue has got me stumped!

Hi all, this is my first post and unfortunately it's not gonna be a brilliant one. I'm in need of some advice!

I seem to be having an issue with the initial setup and/or setting adjustment of my Novak Havoc Pro ESC. It's coupled with a Ballistic 10.5T motor and I received it yesterday.

The problem I'm faced with is that I cannot get the ESC to go through the initial setup process whereby I set my throttle and reverse. I have followed all the instructions to the letter but when I press and hold the one-touch button and turn on the ESC, I do not see the solid red light. I see a solid blue light and a solid amber light next to it, and I cant get the red light to appear. I've tried pressing the one touch button and favouring the left side, the right side, pressed it lightly, pressed it firmly, no red light.

When I operate the throttle the motor rotates in the correct direction and when I turn my transmitter wheel the wheels turn the correct way, as if it has already been setup. But I have no reverse.

When I disconnect the ESC from my receiver and turn on I see a flashing red and flashing amber for around a quarter of a second and then it goes to a solid red and solid green. Again when I press and hold the one-touch button nothing happens.

Is this a problem experienced by anyone else and is there anything you might be able to advise me to do? I've been round and made sure every plug has a sound connection etc, but still no joy...

I'm not a noob, I've been around RC's for a good few years, but this one's got me confuzzled. I'm thinking it's possibly a dud one-touch button that's throwing me but I cant be sure. Any advice or similar stories and their resolutions would be more than welcomed.

Thanks guys, looking forward to cruising the rest of your forum now!

Stu
Old 01-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Ooops. Seconds after posting this thread I got a helpful reply to a PM I sent, from Steve Weiss. The forum told me he'd gone offline so I decided to make a thread, anyway it's here now and could possibly help others so I'll leave it be.

As I suspected, Steve thinks this may well be a one-touch button related issue and will try and clear it up for me.

I must say, it's top service from Novak!

Stu