Help Please!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Help Please!

Hi All:

I am looking to get a new Radio System. I know it's an old story. I am done with my Nomadio Radio's ( long story and sad) and looking for a good 2.4 system for racing. I'll be racing 1/8 nitro off road, 1/10 off road, carpet, and 1/18 4WD) and Brushless Motor's and Lipo's for the 1st time in 20 years.

I have read a lot on these threads about "the Latest and Greatest" Radio Systems but have only had the opportunity to hold a Helios in my hand one time, and all I did was hold it for about 30 seconds. It was comfortable, but obviously it was different than my Nomadios. I'm sure I could grow the feel after 4 years, but I'm really curious enough to see what you all think too.

I'd sure like some help from you racer's to narrow it down to around 3 systems to really look at. I don't want to have to buy anything for at least a few years after I make my decision. I would hope I can get good value for the money and I sure don't want to have to "Spend To The Moon!). I don't think it's necessary.

Thanks very much.... I really do appreciate your input.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My honest advice, go to your local hobby shop and "test feel" the different radio brands. The one that you think is the most comfortable, in terms of grip and the throw (wheel), is the one you should consider...

For me personally, I've always like all things Airtronics. Not to say that Futabas, Spektrums, and other brands aren't good. Different people like different feels...