Search

Charging Losi Lipos LOSB9820

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Charging Losi Lipos LOSB9820

Hello all,

I have talked to Pat from RC Lipos and apparently these lipos use a non-standard adapter. Is there something out there that I can hook these up to?

Is there a standard 2000mAh lipo pack to use for the receiver battery?
Old 12-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

That appears to be the standard adapter for 1/10 scale receiver packs, but not 1/18 scale which use the regular 3 wire JR/Z connector ends. What vehicle are you planning to use this pack in?

If you're referring to the balance plug, all you should need is the adapter for losi/tp packs.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Dad
That appears to be the standard adapter for 1/10 scale receiver packs, but not 1/18 scale which use the regular 3 wire JR/Z connector ends. What vehicle are you planning to use this pack in?

If you're referring to the balance plug, all you should need is the adapter for losi/tp packs.
Yeah, sorry I meant the balancer plug. I am planning on using this for 1/8th scale buggy and truggy receiver pack.

What is this adapter for the losi/tp pack? Where can I find it or what key words do I need to search on?

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This has been asked here before and IIRC, that uses the regular TP balance connector. Which charger? Here's one for the Hyperion chargers -

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=3162
Old 12-17-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Duster_360
This has been asked here before and IIRC, that uses the regular TP balance connector. Which charger? Here's one for the Hyperion chargers -

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=3162
Duster,

I have a TP-610C and a TP-1010C with TP-210V balancer. In addition, I have all the connectors made for TP from rclipos.com. None of them fit this lipo's balancer connector.

I have a call into Horizon Hobby - will make another call to Pat from rclipos.com to see if he can make me a connector for these lipos. But these are the only lipos that I haven't been able to charge with the combination of chargers and connectors that I have.

PS - I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but the search here gives me no confidence that if it has I would find it.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

No, partly my bad, the big Losi lipos use TP balance conn. Apparently Losi has the rcvr lipo made for them. After a little searching I did find another who's asked same ques and at that time the correct conn was a JST-XH or what's also called the Align style connector.

I'd be interested in hearing what you find out.

This is one reason I own all 4 type connectors for all my balancing chargers. The only time I've been unable to balance one was with an old Vampower 2S DualSky lipo. For Everything else, I've had what it takes on hand.