Wiki Posts
Search

Which stick radio to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GearHd6
Are you kidding dude?? I was being serious. I'm buying the Esprit III 2.4 I'll give an update after I destroy my car
Old 12-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ahmed Aman
Ko propo make a 2.4 GHz module and receiver too. So if you're going the 2.4G way, you might want to look at that. It is also available as a set. (Transmitter + module + receiver)
Here you go.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...iver-No-Servos
Old 12-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Are you kidding dude?? I was being serious. I'm buying the Esprit III 2.4 I'll give an update after I destroy my car
I figured you were giving me a hard time like the other people were. But those are what I think of around here when someone talks 2 stick radios for surface use. They're nothing great but they get the job done. I started out with a basic Airtronics SR 2 stick radio back in the 80's. Now everyone around here used 2.4 pistol grips.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

I figured you were giving me a hard time like the other people were. But those are what I think of around here when someone talks 2 stick radios for surface use. They're nothing great but they get the job done. I started out with a basic Airtronics SR 2 stick radio back in the 80's. Now everyone around here used 2.4 pistol grips.
Thats cool.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They get the job done, just like any other AM radio with a long antenna whip and with so many AA cells that it is hard to maintain. It is no batter than used $5 AM pistol radio from ebay.

For $50 more you get 2.4GHz system with more precise control, powered with 4AA, tiny antenna and useful features.

I am still using AM system but can't wait to dump it...
Old 12-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Speaking of whip antenna's I use to tie a piece of fluorescent green yarn around the end about a foot long. When I use to race I would distract the other guy's by moving it up and down whilst driving. Kinda like fishing. I use to drive my friends crazy Ahh the good o'le days.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ha ha..that is funny!

I just got a brand new Futaba FHSS for under ninety bucks. Wow, what a difference! Now I can setup EPA for both channels, can store up to 10 cars/profiles, it only takes 4 AA!!!, no antenna to poke somebody's eye!!, RX is tiny, and so on.

Funny, my car goes even faster, much faster! Now I know that the old AM TX/RX did not work correctly with the ESC. Double fun!

It is as bulky as my old AM radios and receivers are expensive.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Speaking of whip antenna's I use to tie a piece of fluorescent green yarn around the end about a foot long. When I use to race I would distract the other guy's by moving it up and down whilst driving. Kinda like fishing. I use to drive my friends crazy Ahh the good o'le days.
Better with an pistol grip with a whip antenna, hold it over your shoulder and hit your friends in the face with it. Talk about a distraction.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bboard
Better with an pistol grip with a whip antenna, hold it over your shoulder and hit your friends in the face with it. Talk about a distraction.