Wiki Posts
Search

What is this motor???

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default What is this motor???

Have a castle creations 5700 kv motor,,, can someone tell me what this is equal to 10.5,13.5 or what,,, thanks for the help.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Supposed to be equal to a 7.5.....
Old 11-30-2009, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, I bought a used 1/10 scale system off a guy here on the for sale section and he said the system was perfect,, well after running the motor after 4 laps at my local track, the motor started to make grinding noises and I took it back to my pit and COULD'NT even put my finger on the motor,,it was that hot!!!!! I actually bought his whole SC10 truck with the system in it, truck is great but I think the motor was bad,, he had it geared at 87/23,,, is this a good combo or a bad combo for this motor????? By the way I called him as soon as I got home and his reply,"call castle creations",, nice guy!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Welcome to the world of used rcs! Nice character, but buying used is a crap shoot at best, sometimes everything turns out great, sometimes they don't. Perfect for maybe 1 lap.....

I don't have an SC10, buit do have a Slash and based on my experience with a Castle Sidewinder/5700 yours sounds overgeared. I ran mine on stock gearing like 18/86 and it ran hot, but tolerable temps. I'd try smaller pinion if it still works and if motor is indeed shot, call Castle, they have a flat rate repair on the motor for $45, just the time to get it in/out of their system.

http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...te_repair.html