Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyperion 606i firmware update??

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

do the original versions of the 6061's have problems with the pc software....can't seem to get mine to work.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dave H
I thought there were updates if you sent your unit in? I’ve got an earlier one that is real sensitive about the balancer connection order, I thought someone said they sent theirs in and got it resolved. If so, perhaps it requires a hardware update? Thanks in advance Jason.
If someone had an issue with an older model that was within the year warranty they likely got a newer version charger to fix the issue.

Jason
Old 11-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by peakman
do the original versions of the 6061's have problems with the pc software....can't seem to get mine to work.

From Hyperion's page:

For EOS 0606i SERIES (all types) EOS INSIGHT requires HP-TI-PRGUSB + HP-EOS0606-PCCBL. EOS0606-PCCBL contains a required component for connection and different wiring. Do NOT use EOS06-PCCBL! see this page on connections, but note that EOS0606-PCCBL is required for 0606i Series chargers.

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/pc/pcsoft.htm

Jason
Old 03-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, I just bought a Hyperion 606i-C charger. I noticed when I charged a 2S Lipo pack without connecting to the balancing board, after the charge is cut off, it would automatically go into some kind of trickle charge mode at approx 250 mah. Does anyone know if this by design or something could be wrong?

Last edited by andrew188; 03-21-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Are you charging in lipo mode?

The trickle charge makes it sound like you're charging in NiMh mode.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Are you charging in lipo mode?

The trickle charge makes it sound like you're charging in NiMh mode.
Yes, I am pretty sure I was in the lipo mode.

The unit I received is the "C" version, which supposed to be the latest software. Perhaps it is still buggy.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Lord

According to the C manual, you can turn trickle mode so it is always off, abut again this is suppose dto be a NiMh setting - you acess the on/off thru NiMh mode settings. Maybe that would make it stop.

Charger shouldn't be following a lipo mode by going into trickle mode that risks overvolting/overcharging a lipo which can be unsafe.

Does it do this when you balance charge?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

According to the C manual, you can turn trickle mode so it is always off, abut again this is suppose dto be a NiMh setting - you acess the on/off thru NiMh mode settings. Maybe that would make it stop.

Charger shouldn't be following a lipo mode by going into trickle mode that risks overvolting/overcharging a lipo which can be unsafe.

Does it do this when you balance charge?
It never did that that when I balance charge lipo packs. It only does that occasionally when I charge without the balancing connection.

Another thing I noticed was it will beep several times before it started trickle charging at around 250 mah. If it doesn't beep several times, then it would not trickle charge. I think the software may have some bugs.

Overall, I feel its software is not as intelligent or well designed as the Bantam.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Lord

It sounds like there's some bugs in the charger's firmware.

Besides emailing Empire Hobby (Hyperion US distributor), I don't know if this email addy will get your info to teh right folks -

[email protected]
Old 03-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

It sounds like there's some bugs in the charger's firmware.

Besides emailing Empire Hobby (Hyperion US distributor), I don't know if this email addy will get your info to teh right folks -

[email protected]
Thanks.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Discharging issue

I am wanting to discharge my 5s Lipos. I set it up to discharge at the highest rate the charger will allow which is 1.00A but when I push start it says its only discharging at 0.25A.
What is the issue here, why won't it dischage at the rate I set? it doesn't look like I can upgrade the firmware, so does that mean there is some other issue?

Last night I started dischaging at the 0.25A and it took 6.5hrs to discharge one 5000mah pack from 21v down to 19.3 volts.

Can someone please shed some light on this problem?

Thanks
Old 06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by crcr
I am wanting to discharge my 5s Lipos. I set it up to discharge at the highest rate the charger will allow which is 1.00A but when I push start it says its only discharging at 0.25A.
What is the issue here, why won't it dischage at the rate I set? it doesn't look like I can upgrade the firmware, so does that mean there is some other issue?

Last night I started dischaging at the 0.25A and it took 6.5hrs to discharge one 5000mah pack from 21v down to 19.3 volts.

Thanks
The discharge is also limited to 5 watts of power, so your 0.25A for a 5s is about right. Just like it can't charge a 5S at 6 amps, because of the 50 watt charge power limit.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by crcr

Thanks
This is just the limitations of the chrger, nothing more. I realize you prob weren't aware of the 50/5watt limits when you purchased it, but this is why the charger is inexpensive as hyperions go.

There is really no reason except storage to be discharging a lipo. I don't know if your particular model has a storage mode or not. I would run the lipo to discharge it at least to some extent, it'll be far faster than what you can do with the charger.