Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad luck with Novak

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Company Representative

Purchasing used electronics can be a risky undertaking. So I'm not sure how getting damaged electronics that way is Novak's fault. We can try to assist you, but the only remedy may be to return the damaged items to us for a fixed price replacement:

Service Replacement Options ~ Speed Controls

Service Replacement Options ~ BL Motors

We also offer a fairly comprehensive list of our products in the Factory Re-Manufactured section in our online store. These items are affordably priced and have a brand new 120 factory warranty. Purchasing RMF products in this manner is more reliable than buying used items of unknown quality from strangers.

If you have additional questions, you can also PM me and I will see what I can do for you.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I will not buy another used ESC from someone I don't know. I do not blame Novak.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

how I wish my LRP esc got this kind of service, at least norvak give you option ,for mind I think is as good as dumping it in the drain.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

I am sorry you are having problems with LRP.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

hey man. im sorry that that xbr took a dump but it was working perfectly fine right before i sent it. i installed it in the t4 and ran a full pack through it in my backyard about a hour before i sent it. and it worked flawlessly

the only reason why i ran it is i got it back from warrenty service and i hadnt fired it up.. and i wanted to make sure it wasnt doa for you..

and btw the esc doesnt have the best current rating so running stock geared to the moon with a high c battery probably isnt the best thing to do with a low budget esc you probably were pulling more current than a 8.5 since thats all they are rated for and cooked it.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks man. I appreciate your feedback also. You are probably right about the c rating and all that stuff. I guess I'm just learning the hard way.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

I will leave my personal opinions out of it because nobody that likes Novak wants to hear it anyway.
BUT, any motor that needs to have the whole thing replaced just because the motor sensor wire is bad is crap. Buy a $75 motor to fix a $5 wire???

I've had and seen many Novaks go up in smoke. Including one that burned an Ofna LX Brushless conversion to the ground.
I was offered a "refurbished" POS for 1/2 the cost of buying a brand new one.

I've seen only 1 Castle ESC go up in smoke. The first batch of the V3s that came out last year. Running 6S in a Revo on an indoor track.

Belonged to a good buddy. He called Castle understandably pissed. They had a brand new one (NOT REFURBISHED) to his front door 48 hours later on just his word that he would send the burnt one back. When it arrived he hadn't even pulled the burnt one out of the Revo yet. Anyone have a story of Novak doing something even close?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

am i the only one that knows that refurbished is new electronics with a old casing/heatsink... geeze..
Old 10-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Company Representative

Good of you to leave your personal opinion out of it. We will work to help jackster resolve his problems. He can seek additional assistance from our tech guys and I will see what I can do for him.

Is Novak perfect? No. But, I have read and heard "horror stories" about every manufacturer's customer service and tech support, so singling out Novak is pretty pointless. We offer many Service Options for our customers and most customers realize that we are here to resolve problems.

Our Service Options are the most comprehensive and efficient programs in the hobby industry. We even offer our customers upgrade paths for obsolete, no longer manufactured, Novak products. (bottom of page)

Three Novak reps post here, on this forum, regularly, so PMing us with problems gets speedy assistance.

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
I will leave my personal opinions out of it because nobody that likes Novak wants to hear it anyway.
BUT, any motor that needs to have the whole thing replaced just because the motor sensor wire is bad is crap. Buy a $75 motor to fix a $5 wire???

I've had and seen many Novaks go up in smoke. Including one that burned an Ofna LX Brushless conversion to the ground.
I was offered a "refurbished" POS for 1/2 the cost of buying a brand new one.

I've seen only 1 Castle ESC go up in smoke. The first batch of the V3s that came out last year. Running 6S in a Revo on an indoor track.

Belonged to a good buddy. He called Castle understandably pissed. They had a brand new one (NOT REFURBISHED) to his front door 48 hours later on just his word that he would send the burnt one back. When it arrived he hadn't even pulled the burnt one out of the Revo yet. Anyone have a story of Novak doing something even close?
Old 10-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
am i the only one that knows that refurbished is new electronics with a old casing/heatsink... geeze..
Most sub-assemblies for our RMF products for Service and Sale are new.

Including the cases and HS......

chewie, you are just "smarter than the average bear"
Old 10-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

oh .. new cases and heatsinks too. man thats cool..

why put refurbished on them then? legality issues? kinda like the made in usa thing? (not poking fun just curious)
Old 10-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
oh .. new cases and heatsinks too. man thats cool..

why put refurbished on them then? legality issues? kinda like the made in usa thing? (not poking fun just curious)
The esc brain boards are almost always salvage-able, after they are rewashed (ionized) and retested. Which additional esc or motor parts can be re-used is generally an art, not a science. Better err on the side of quality and reliability in order to be able to offer our new warranty.

We get lots of out-of-warranty items back for replacement, exchange or upgrade; so we have a whole remanufacturing dept to support both our comprehensive service option programs and also our RMF store.

RMF products are subjected to the same testing procedures and QC as our new products. The reason we can offer RMF items is because we do our own manufacturing, even our brushless motors, here in Irvine.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have run Novaks for more than 30 years starting with the T1 and all the way through the GTB, XBR, and Havoc. I have had one Dually fail. There service is excellent. It sounds to me like there were issues prior to your getting them and after limited use they failed. The seller may not have known but buying second hand electronics is a gamble at any time.

I have run a few Tekins but went back to Novak. Never had issues with Tekin just liked my Novaks better. At this time I have nine different vehicles with them installed. Two old Duallys, one GTX, two XRSs, two XBRS, Two Havocs, and a GTB.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jackster
Ok, I apologize for making it seem like Novaks are junk. I just got highly frustrated after having purchased not one, but 2 problem ESCs. I now know that buying used is, indeed, a risky undertaking and I won't do it again.
jus get a lrp sxx tc spec and call it a day..SUPER EASY to program and very smooth
Old 10-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

It would be very hard for me to walk away from Novak after dealing with their super customer service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.