Wiki Posts
Search

Will this work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Will this work?

Hey Guys, I'm not much on figuring electrical stuff out, and need some advice. OK, I got 2 chargers, but only one power supply. Power supply is a Radio Shack 15 Amp. The 2 chargers are a Triton(old one) and the second is a Turnigy Accucell 6. I want to wire things so I can run both chargers off of the one Power supply. I drew a diagram of how "I" think all these things might work together. But not sure if it will work? Like I said, not good at figuring these things. Anyway, I know there's a lot of you guys here that are very knowledgable about this stuff and I want to be SURE before I end up burning up stuff! Thanks for your time, Curt.

BTW, the biggest batteries I'll be charging are 5000mah 2S 7.4 20C batts. The rest are 3000mah nimh packs. Thanks!

Old 10-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Nice drawing.

You can run both chargers off that PS if you're SURE it's rated at 10amps or more. 15 will be just fine.

I know the Accuel is only a 50w charger so that's not a problem.

I run 2 Accuel chargers off a single 10 amps supply with no issues.

I don't have a drawing but it's really easy to explain.

All you need to do is eliminate the deans plugs. That's just more connections which equal more resistance.

Get some 10-12awg wire and some bullet connectors. Male and female.

Wire up the males to go into the PS leave a few inches of wire and then make a split for the + and the - terminals. So you will have 2 positive female plugs and 2 negative female plugs.

Then put male bullet connectors on each of the charger input leads. You will have a total of 4 obviously. 1 positive and 1 negative for each charger.
Then simply plug them into the female output eads coming out of the power supply and your good.
This way you can run just a single charger if you want or both together.

Hope this helped.