Any1 ever heard or have a Flysky fs-gt3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any1 ever heard or have a Flysky fs-gt3

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by jamie.21
Any one have issues with the steering not working properly? I'm only able to turn left, right just slightly but not a full turn.

Hiya, actually no one I know could use the setting the radio came with. You'll never get a radio that comes already to adjusted to fit your car and setup. I myself even had to make some changes, center my servo, set everything to NOO and go from there.

First off, I highly suggest to take the time and center your servo. Set your steering trim on top, two tiny buttons on the top left, see them? Press either until you get to NOO or zero if you wish to look at that way. That will be you center servo point. On this radio you only have 30-0-30 for adjustments and thats it. It not a bad thing if you have good servo as good ones will have more splines and more to center with. Second, be sure after any adjustments you ever make from this point on you hit enter on the model or ID your driving. By doing such it will save your commands/ settings/ adjustments.

Next check your dual rates, and expo settings on channel 1. Just take the time and go through setting and what they are, once done, you'll really enjoy the radio. You do have a instruction book yes? If not, I can drop you a link to one?

Remember a group of us pop in and out of here all the time, so if you need help drop a post and we'll see what we can do.

Robert
TERC
Old 03-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool, thanks. I did figure it out with a little playing around with some of the options. It did not come with a manual, some of the options I'm not sure when to use, others are pretty easy to figure out.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by jamie.21
Cool, thanks. I did figure it out with a little playing around with some of the options. It did not come with a manual, some of the options I'm not sure when to use, others are pretty easy to figure out.

Glad to help. Also, my E 3rd gen and most FS radios who race with us do not have a functioning expo feature. If you do some research, you'll see this is true. Yes there are some out there that will work but very few. A person, won't say who or who what company he owns, but he told us serveral THOUSANDS, I mean serveral thousands, left the facility not working. Ansmann, HK, FS, GT, and a many of the Eurgle will not have a functioning expo. If you run off road, yes, you'll miss the feature but if your like us, you won't need it as many "nice" esc's have programable settings. As for expo steering? Well you just drive with it as things used to be prior to expo features. Us racing onroad there is no need for expo we found. More so with our karts.

Enjoy your radio and if you need anything, drop us a line at [email protected]. I may have a few copies of the manuals if you need one. Other wise, theres tons of manual links nowdays.

Robert
TERC
Attached Thumbnails Any1 ever heard or have a Flysky fs-gt3-3rdgeneration.jpg   Any1 ever heard or have a Flysky fs-gt3-3generationfs.jpg   Any1 ever heard or have a Flysky fs-gt3-000_0214.jpg   Any1 ever heard or have a Flysky fs-gt3-000_0213.jpg   Any1 ever heard or have a Flysky fs-gt3-000_0215.jpg  

Old 03-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G33Kster
1. The reason 2-8 do not work out of the box is that the factory setting for throttle and steering curves are messed up. All you have to do to fix this is go into the menu on each model memory and adjust the curve - super-easy fix

2. I recently had the problem of the broken steering return. What happens is that there is a little plastic pin inside the steering mechanism that holds one end of the return spring in place and often times it will break off so the steering return stops working. There are a couple videos on Youtube showing how to fix it, but basically you open up the steering wheel section of the transmitter (luckily there aren't a ton of parts that will fall out ), pop out the remaining pieces of the broken plastic pin, and replace it with a section of a large paperclip which is then bent to stay in place. Trust me, it holds better than it sounds! That fix took me about 5-10 minutes, and besides that, this is a great radio and I've had no problems with it before or since...
Hi. Well my plastic piece for the spring had broke. I see you said to use a section of a large paperclip. How do you keep the paperclip in place? I want to fix this as I have only had the radio for less than a year. Please let me know asap. I'd like to have it fixed asap. Thank you.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crasher19
Hi. Well my plastic piece for the spring had broke. I see you said to use a section of a large paperclip. How do you keep the paperclip in place? I want to fix this as I have only had the radio for less than a year. Please let me know asap. I'd like to have it fixed asap. Thank you.
If I recall, I bent the paperclip into sort of a Z-shape, like this:
it just has to bent so it won't slide out, so something simpler would suffice.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

If I recall, I bent the paperclip into sort of a Z-shape, like this:
it just has to bent so it won't slide out, so something simpler would suffice.
Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply. I will have to find a large paperclip. LOL!!!! How much of it did you use? Would I have to use like shoe goo to keep it in place?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crasher19
Hi,
Thank you for the quick reply. I will have to find a large paperclip. LOL!!!! How much of it did you use? Would I have to use like shoe goo to keep it in place?
I did it a while ago, so I don't remember exactly how much, but probably about a quarter-inch to bend on either end of the hole. Shoe Goo might help, but it's not necessary. Go for it, though, if you want - it can't hurt
Old 03-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

I did it a while ago, so I don't remember exactly how much, but probably about a quarter-inch to bend on either end of the hole. Shoe Goo might help, but it's not necessary. Go for it, though, if you want - it can't hurt
Thank you for the help. I will give it a try & go from there. I really dont want another radio. I cant believe I raced all weekend with very touchy steering. LOL!!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey G33,
Do you have a picture on how you fixed the broken steering? I'm trying to fix mine but having alittle problem on how the paperclip is supposed to go in. I have to use another spring as my stock one has broke, Thank you for any kind of help.
Kirt