Wiki Posts
Search

AMB rc Personal Transponder issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Smile AMB rc Personal Transponder issue

Hi there

I have a friend who has 2 AMB transponders currently linked to his Mylaps.com account.

He is now looking to sell his spare second transponder but i am wondering how do you change the name on the mylaps.com account.

Are you able to do this as I am sure I read it somewhere that you can change the name of the account registered to a specific AMB transponder so the buyer of the second transponder can register his new details?

Thanks
Old 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I get the impression that AMB is trying to clamp down on the second-hand market by making it more difficult to register PTs. You have to contact them directly. There's a big ol' notice on the front page of AMB's website regarding registering used PTs.

http://www.amb-it.com/
Old 07-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

what is Mylaps.com even for?
Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

It's for tracking your results. Keep a log of your lap times, give you lap charts, records your finishing position; all that kinda stuff.

Our club uses it, but it requires the RD to upload the data to the MyLaps website. It's a pain for me because we have an outdoor track so I have to drag the laptop home and do it there. AMB is pretty proud of it but I think us R/Cers are not as concerned about posting laps as AMB thinks we are.

They're trying to use the ability to post laptimes as leverage to get guys to buy new transponders to avoid having to go through the hassle of re-registering a used one. The fact is, most people probably could care less if they can keep track of their times...

I believe there is also a fee for re-registering a used PT. The other kicker is that you can only register two PTs on MyLaps for whatever reason. So I don't get to log my laps for the Short Course class