More Lipo Questions

Old 06-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default More Lipo Questions

Ok, i'm looking at Reedy Lipo pack, one of my questions is the asc709 is not listed on the Associated website, I did a search and it produced nothing. Is the asc711 the replacement? Also what balance tap does it use, I cant seem to find a description of what tap it is.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

from the looks of things it just comes with banana plugs and no connector, so you have to solder one on.

As for balancing, you just use the banana plug taps, and get a balancer like the one from Team Checkpoint or similar which uses a small banana connector in the middle to balance the two cells.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Here is the pic of the lipo. I should be able to use the supplied balance lead from the balancer, correct?

This will be my Lipo "setup":

Turbo 35 GFX-Lipo update
Team Checkpoint Pro Car 2S/3S Li-Poly Balancer
Reedy 2S Li-Poly Battery 35C (7.4V/4900mAh)
Lipo Sack
Old 06-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Here is pic of the balancer and its lead. Sorry for being a nob, just trying to get as much knowledge as I can.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Assuming your GFX has outputs that'll take 4mm male bullets, you're set. The balancer will plug into teh charger, the balance harness will plug into the lipo.

You will use the balance lead that comes with the adapter. I don't think the one with the lipo will fit the TC balancer.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Duster_360
Assuming your GFX has outputs that'll take 4mm male bullets, you're set. The balancer will plug into teh charger, the balance harness will plug into the lipo.

You will use the balance lead that comes with the adapter. I don't think the one with the lipo will fit the TC balancer.
I'm planning on replacing the banana plugs on the balancer with either deans or the traxxas plug. Yes I agree the lead that comes with the lipo will not fit the balancer. Just wanted to make sure I've got the correct items before ordering. I'll use the lead that comes with the balancer.