Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need help with connections!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need help with connections!!

First off I just want to say that I'm a noob (beginner) in RC cars.

I just bought the Losi 8ight 2.0 nitro buggy race roller and finishing putting the kit together. Im having a problem with the wire connections and dont know what plugs into what. Any help would be appreciated.

Im using the Spektrum SR3300T receiver, 9100S & T high torque servos and have the Losi 7.4V 2000mAh 2 Cell LiPo Receiver Pack: 1/8 that Losi recommends to buy. Do I need to buy the voltage regulator (LOSB9608 or LOSB9609) as well? If so, how do i connect all of these together. The only thing I know is that both serves get connecting into the receiver in the THR & STR slots. Im left with a BIND slot and a AUX slot. Does the receiver battery get plugged into one of those slot? Im assuming the receiver needs power, right? How does the regulator come into play assuming i need it. Where does the switch come into play. The manual doesnt explain it well (they are probably assuming Im not a noob..lol). Does the regulator get mounted in with the receiver battery? I wish there was a wiring diagram/flow chart that i could follow or a website that covers the connections.

Also, which battery charger should I get? THe Losi LOSB9603 or the LOSB9605....one is 40 bucks the other is 140. The 140 dollar one maintains the cell balance better...or something....can i just get the cheaper one?

thanks in advance
Old 05-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by srbraith
First off I just want to say that I'm a noob (beginner) in RC cars.

I just bought the Losi 8ight 2.0 nitro buggy race roller and finishing putting the kit together. Im having a problem with the wire connections and dont know what plugs into what. Any help would be appreciated.

Im using the Spektrum SR3300T receiver, 9100S & T high torque servos and have the Losi 7.4V 2000mAh 2 Cell LiPo Receiver Pack: 1/8 that Losi recommends to buy. Do I need to buy the voltage regulator (LOSB9608 or LOSB9609) as well? If so, how do i connect all of these together.
The 3300T receiver can run without the regulator, it's rated for up to 9.6 volt input.

The only thing I know is that both serves get connecting into the receiver in the THR & STR slots. Im left with a BIND slot and a AUX slot. Does the receiver battery get plugged into one of those slot? Im assuming the receiver needs power, right? How does the regulator come into play assuming i need it. Where does the switch come into play. The manual doesnt explain it well (they are probably assuming Im not a noob..lol). Does the regulator get mounted in with the receiver battery? I wish there was a wiring diagram/flow chart that i could follow or a website that covers the connections.
The 9100S is the steering servo, it will plug into the STR slot. THe 9100T is the throttle servo, it plugs into the THR slot. The receiver battery plugs into one side of the switch, the lead on the other side of the switch plugs into the receiver. Under normal usage, you'd plug it into the batt/bind slot. When you bind the receiver to the transmitter during setup, you'll need to plug the binding plug into the batt/bind slot, so plug the lead from the switch into the AUX slot instead. YOu could jsut leave it there if you like, but I prefer to move it to the batt/bind slot after the binding process.

Also, which battery charger should I get? THe Losi LOSB9603 or the LOSB9605....one is 40 bucks the other is 140. The 140 dollar one maintains the cell balance better...or something....can i just get the cheaper one?

thanks in advance
THe $40 one will be completely fine for charging the receiver pack, no need for anything fancier than that.

The manual from the radio should have a much better illustration of the connections than the buggy manual, by the way. You can download the DX3S manual from the Horizon Hobby website if you don't have it.

DX3S Quick Start Guide
DX3S Manual
Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Tech Rookie

somethings not right though. Losi recommends both the radio and receiver battery that i got, but the switch harness that the radio came with doesnt match up (or connect with) the receiver battery..which i dont understand...maybe the regulator (which comes with or w/o a switch ) is needed in this situation.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Is this the battery you have?

If it is, you plug the red plug into the socket on the switch harness. The switch probably has a three pin socket, but the two pin will plug right in, just make sure the red and black wires are in line with each other.

D
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

ok..thanks for the tip...i was confused because i was connecting a 3 pin to a 2 pin...ill just go ahead and do that thanks