Wiki Posts
Search

Airtronics M11 2.4 Range Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Airtronics M11 2.4 Range Issue

I've got an Airtronics M11 with the Airtronics 2.4 module, running it in a Traxxas Slash. I have been having issues with what I thought was interference at the track, the response to the truck would be delayed or it would have no response at all. Was working on the truck this weekend and driving it in the street to set trim and about 25-30 ft. away I lost all control. I could walk towards it and regain control about 15-20 ft. away. The antenna is running out of the receiver box in the slash and around to the stock antenna mounting location. Anyone else have issues with this radio or is there anything I can check? Could it be interference from something in the neighborhood? There is no overhead powerlines or anything nearby. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
Old 04-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MitchFX
I've got an Airtronics M11 with the Airtronics 2.4 module, running it in a Traxxas Slash. I have been having issues with what I thought was interference at the track, the response to the truck would be delayed or it would have no response at all. Was working on the truck this weekend and driving it in the street to set trim and about 25-30 ft. away I lost all control. I could walk towards it and regain control about 15-20 ft. away. The antenna is running out of the receiver box in the slash and around to the stock antenna mounting location. Anyone else have issues with this radio or is there anything I can check? Could it be interference from something in the neighborhood? There is no overhead powerlines or anything nearby. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

i think it could be your radio because i had the same issue with spektrum one time you may need to replace your radio or your reciever or both well i will fill you in if i think of anything else
Old 04-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

First, make sure your batteries are good in the radio and the truck. If they are good, it's most likely a module or receiver issue. Contact Airtronics about sending them in for a check-up.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

The batteries in the radio are reading at 10.9v and when I put the 2S Lipo from the truck on the charger it was 7.7v. Voltage like that wouldnt do anything would it? I did think this was the problem previously as my radio batteries were down under 10v, and when I replaced them the problem seemed to dissapear, but now it's back. When it happened before I could drive with the "delayed response" for a few laps around the track and it seemed to correct itself. Now I can't even get 25 ft away and it completely stops. I've got another receiver on order, I guess I can throw that one in there to test and see if it's the current receiver.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

first thing i would do is rebind before anything else. and get back to us
Old 04-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

I should have mentioned that before, I did try rebinding and the range was the same.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Here is something to try. Disconnect the speed control and hook up a receiver pack. The radio probably came with a little 4 aa pack that will work fine. That will give you steering while you walk away from the truck. If the steering keeps working then your problem is either battery pack or speed control. If it doesn't work, try that new receiver. If that doesn't fix it, call airtronics.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Wingracer. I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default fhss-2

that is why they came out with new fhss-2
Old 04-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

I tried a range test with my Nitro buggy and at the exact same distance I lose control or have very little delayed control. I'm guessing it's something in the module or the radio itself for it to happen with two separate receivers. Off to Airtronics I guess....