Wiki Posts
Search

KO EX1 UR w/ Specktrum

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default KO EX1 UR w/ Specktrum

Hey all, hoping you could chime in with some opinions or thoughts. As the title states I have an UR with the 2.4 Spektrum tx/rx. Every time I turn the car on it runs wide open for a short period of time before "resinking" Any Ideas? I have manually matched the tx and rx multiple times.

Last edited by IrishRC2; 03-18-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IrishRC2
Hey all, hopin gyou couls chime in with some opinions or thoughts. As the title states I have an UR with the 2.4 Spektrum tx/rx. Every time I turn the car on it runs wide open for a short period of time before "resinking" Any Ideas? I have manually matched the tx and rx multiple times.
I have the UR with the spektrum pro module and have never had any such issues. In fact, it's the best setup I've had in almost 20 years of racing. Are you turning the transmitter on first?

Sounds to me like your problme lies in your speed controller. It may be arming itself prior to receiver syncing with the transmitter. What speed controller are you using? Some speed controllers have an arming delay and some do not.

I've used an LRP Sphere, Novak GTB, Castle MMM, Castle Mamba Max, Speed Passion Gran Turismo 1.1 and they all have worked fairly well.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by richard.bratton
I have the UR with the spektrum pro module and have never had any such issues. In fact, it's the best setup I've had in almost 20 years of racing. Are you turning the transmitter on first?

Sounds to me like your problme lies in your speed controller. It may be arming itself prior to receiver syncing with the transmitter. What speed controller are you using? Some speed controllers have an arming delay and some do not.

I've used an LRP Sphere, Novak GTB, Castle MMM, Castle Mamba Max, Speed Passion Gran Turismo 1.1 and they all have worked fairly well.
I am turning the TX on first. The SC is LRP Sphere Comp, SMC 5k batt and losi 13.5.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IrishRC2
Hey all, hoping you could chime in with some opinions or thoughts. As the title states I have an UR with the 2.4 Spektrum tx/rx. Every time I turn the car on it runs wide open for a short period of time before "resinking" Any Ideas? I have manually matched the tx and rx multiple times.
Rebind the receiver with the trigger in the full-brake position. Sounds like the failsafe is set to full throttle and not full brake. Just wanted to verify you're talking about actual Spekturm equipment here and not the KO 2.4GHz gear, correct?
Old 03-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Awesome advice, I will try that this evening when I get home. Yes it is the spektrum. I would like to obtain the KO 2.4 but this is great for now!

Dan
Old 03-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Great advice. Thanks Gary. Its working like it should now.