Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airtronics M11 2.4 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Cool Airtronics M11 2.4 Questions

Whats up guys. Last week I went and got an Airtronics M11 2.4GHz radio, and I have to say, I LOVE IT. I`m extremely new to the sport, but some of the settings on this radio have helped me to get a little faster around the track. This is my favorite product I`ve purchased since I`ve been into RC. But I have several questions. As far as the 2.4GHz goes, how exactly does this work? Is it absolutely impossible for someone to gain control of my car ever again? When in the setup menu, next to "Vibrator", you can choose between INH and ACT. I`ve even seen it in other menu sections. What does either one of these mean? For the most part, I`ve got the basic settings figured out, such as dual rate and the EPA. But there are some that I have no clue what they are for. Can someone just give me a basic break down on what exponential, adjustable rate control, and c-mix are for? And also what is' throttle fail-safe'? Sorry for the rediculously long thread. Appreciate it guys. Thanks, Jon
Old 03-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh yea, one more question, for now. lol. In the setup menu, next to 'Vibration', the options ate ACT and INH. What are these options? I also saw them in another section of the menu but forget where. I didnt see anything about what this means in the manual either. Thanks again!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:41 AM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

ACT and INH mean "Active" or "Activated" and "Inhibited". It's the Japeneglish translation of "ON" and "OFF"

EPA is End Point Adjustment. It allows you to limit the throw of the servo in each direction. You use that setting to make sure the servo isn't trying to turn the wheels (or open the throttle) farther than what is mechanically possible.

Dual Rate is the same thing, but it adjusts how far the servo throws in both directions at the same time. So you set your EPAs first, then you adjust the dual rate to your liking. It will effect how sensitive your steering is and how sharp you can turn. If you set your D/R to 100%, that means the steering will turn left and right as far as it can mechanically turn. If you set it to 50%, it will only turn half as much.

I'll let someone else tackles exponential adjustments. Not sure if I even made it clear on how EPA and D/R works.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok cool. Appreciate it bro. BTW, when is it supposed to vibrate? I`ve had it on ACT since I`ve had it. Is it just a warning? Thanks
Old 03-02-2009, 03:20 PM
K_B
Tech Master

The vibration function is usually associated with the alarms. So on the timer and low battery it should vibrate. I can't remember what else the vibration function is associated with.

And the throttle fail-safe is to prevent a runaway car. In the event that signal is lost, it'll hit full brakes and crank the wheels to the left or right. I think the failsafe kicks in when voltage to the receiver dips too low too.

And C-MIX is channel mixing. So you can control two servos through one input without having to use a y-harness. Like dual steering servos on a Revo.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Okay, awesome. I`m beginning to get most of these settings. I cant believe some of the settings that are on this radio. It`s amazing the different things I can do to tweak my car. I LOVE IT. I just need to figure out the EXP and ARC. Anyone? Also, does anyone have a 4wd buggy with this radio and use the Traction Control? What is your settings? I`ve played around with it, but just dont seem to like the delay, but I guess thats what traction control IS. Thanks
Old 03-05-2009, 02:43 PM
K_B
Tech Master

ARC stands for Adjustable Rate Control I think. And that's all I know; I never use it. The easiest explanation of EXP or "exponential" is that it adjusts how sensitive the steering or throttle is. The best way to see for yourself is to crank the expo on the steering as low as it'll go and drive the car. The steering should feel pretty mushy. Then crank it all the way up. It should feel super twitchy depending on how quick your steering servo is.

Dual rate also effects the sensitivity of the steering in a more indirect way.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Well guys, got a couple more questions, if yall don`t mind. Still loving this radio, being that I`m a beginner in all of this, it has really helped me with setting up my car. On to the questions. I have a Castle Sidewinder 5700kv motor and ESC, and for this being my first setup, its simply waay too much power. So I`ve messed around with the castle-link some and got it set down a bit. Now to the End Point Adjustment on the radio, I have the throttle setting dropped down to about 60% and I can completely "floor" it and maintain control, but it takes from my overall top end speed. Is this where the exponential comes in? Does it make for a softer acceleration? I havent messed with the setting yet, but I guess I`ll get out there in the morning and check it out. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks guys, Jon
Old 03-10-2009, 11:38 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Correct. The exponential will help smooth out the acceleration by making the trigger less sensitive to movement if you dial it down to a negative setting. So crank it all the way down and then increase it to get it to where you like it.

By cranking it into the positive numbers, you amplify the movement of the trigger making it more sensitive.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Awesome, I`m gunna fool around with it tomorrow at the track and see what I can come up with. I really appreciate the input homie. Have a good one!