LRP Pulsar 3

Old 01-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

If you use the Orion style Lipos you can go directly into the battery terminals with the aligator clips (you will need to change them to small ones as the stock ones are to large). You can also put the connector that your lipo has directly on the charger and charge it that way. Either one will do the job just fine.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just received my Pulsar 3. Man, is it just me or is the backlighting super bright this time (as compared to the Pulsar 2)?

The buttons also feel more clickier. Seems like they really improved the mechanical interface!

I did a side-by-side comparison of charging between the Pulsar 2 and Pulsar 3 charging nearly identical packs, Wolfpack 3600mAH NiMH, and they both charged to the same capacity. I think the NiMH charging algorithm never really changed between the two (I didn't think it would).

But what a nice charger! The Pulsar 2 was a trusty old charger, now I have an updated Pulsar (3)! I couldn't be happier!

One interesting thing to note however, under the "settings" in the Pulsar 3, they've shuffled around the order of the options for some odd reason...
Old 02-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

After seeing everyone at my local tracks going over to the Lrp pulsars I decided to pick one up. I bought a pulsar 3 and ran a bunch of packs through it nimh race packs,lipos,nicads and some packs that my Ice wouldn't even charge any more. I am thrilled with this charger! All I can say is 2 Duratrax Ice FOR SALE!! The only thing that I like better on the ice is the changeable charge leads
Old 03-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Cool

anything else needed to charge the LIPOs from my KO EX1 UR?
Old 06-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Delta Peak setting

Delta peak setting on LRP pulsar charger, is that for 1 cell or the whole pack? It allows setting up to 95mv, which is ridiculously high for 1 cell. So then I begin to have a feeling that it could be for a whole pack. But the manual doesn't specify it clearly.