Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
charging 8 AA batteries for M8 adapter... >

charging 8 AA batteries for M8 adapter...

charging 8 AA batteries for M8 adapter...

Old 10-31-2008, 02:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default charging 8 AA batteries for M8 adapter...

i bought a used M8 and i am using 8 AA nimh batteries to power it... there is a plug for an adapter on the bottom of the AA battery tray but it didn't come with the adapter... i'm wondering what spec adapter do i need to get so i can charge all 8 batteries at the same time without having to take them out of the tray...? thanks...
Old 10-31-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Not familar with the M8, but my futaba 3pk and 3PJS NiMH pacs have a male servo connector. I just bought a fem servo lead and made my own - Hobbico makes a pre-made one that has banana plugs for the charger side.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:22 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i still use a wall unit that charges both rx packs and tx packs. u could hack off the tx part and put ur fav connector on the other side if u desire to charge off ur primary charger.

sadly up til the advent of lipo batts, i preferred to use a double vision charger that did tx/rx/glow all at same time. even had polarity switch for folks that had jr radios which are wired backwards.

check out all the adaptors/dongles on horizon, sure u'll find somethin u can use there

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=HRC56371

R
Old 11-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flipteg
i bought a used M8 and i am using 8 AA nimh batteries to power it... there is a plug for an adapter on the bottom of the AA battery tray but it didn't come with the adapter... i'm wondering what spec adapter do i need to get so i can charge all 8 batteries at the same time without having to take them out of the tray...? thanks...
you can buy the adapter plug/charger plug from www.amainhobbies.com charge leads.
Attached Images