Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless esc help needed with lipo

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (71%+)
Default Brushless esc help needed with lipo

I have a Quark 33A ESC and a Max amps saddle pack for my mini inferno.
About 6months ago I burnt up one of my esc's and purchased a new one and it worked. Then I pluged it back in to use the car again and the esc just beeps. Now 6months later, I tried to take a look at it again and hooked everything up and it worked perfect. So I went to go take it outside and I pluged it in again and then it did that beeping again. I do not understand why. The wires are all hooked up correctly and the esc and lipo pack are both new. There are no lose wires either. Any suggestions would help. Thanks for your time.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Mine has a capacitor on it from Quark. Have you checked the cap - not deformed or damaged in any way is it? Cap may poss be going bad??

Lots of obvious stuff - not running a failsafe, it is set to lipo as batt, correct lvc, etc etc?? I'll assume you know those type things.

Last resort, try re-programming the esc.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, first, let me just say...the mini inferno ROX!!!
Ok, now that that's out of the way, it almost sounds as if your radio settings may be putting the esc into programming mode. Do you use the same radio for any other models? Are you trimmed to zero, have the throttle channel reversed, etc.? When this happens, does the steering servo work ok? And lastly, the question I ask everyone that has esc problems; Have you calibrated the esc to work with your Tx inputs (Step 3.1 on your instruction sheet)? You'd be surprised at how often this turns out to be the problem.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (71%+)

I've already tried a different radio and still does the same thing. The steering works but not throttle. This is the third Quark so I was sure to program my settings to handle my set up. For the 20 min it did work, the car would shut off after every 5 min. (maybe my settings were set too high). I can't re-program the esc so I'm just getting a Novak.

Thanks for the inputs!

Too bad Half Eights aren't as popular as before, they really can handle a lot.