Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Spektrum SR3001 range question... >

Spektrum SR3001 range question...

Spektrum SR3001 range question...

Old 10-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spektrum SR3001 range question...

the manual for the Spektrum SR3001 receiver states that the antenna can be cut to 3.6 inches WITHOUT any effect on range... earlier today, i tested this... i did not cut the receiver's antenna but i used a 4" antenna tube... i threaded the receiver's antenna so that only half an inch of the tip comes out of the antenna tube...

i don't even think the car was more than 200ft away from me and it was already losing signal and going to fail safe... i walk a few steps towards the car and i regain control... i then pulled out to expose the entire antenna and did not experience anymore signal loss at the same distance...

i was wondering why would the manual state a 3.6 inch spec if the receiver can't get signal properly from a ~4.5 inch antenna...?

receiver battery pack is a 5 cell nimh that is freshly charged... transmitter is an M8 with a Spektrum SM1001 Pro module...
Old 10-20-2008, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

gday, just a question did u bind it properly. Reciever 1m away from the Transmitter. this will increase distance. i did that same thing as u did and mine went way further than 200ft, just try and rebind.

Mitchell
Old 10-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi, i didn't rebind but i'm using the current bind for a few tank fulls now... you think rebinding with the shorter antenna will fix the problem...? thanks...
Old 10-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Don't know about your test, but I had my antenna fully encased in an antenna tube for the entire season with not a single issue... And I know it was at least 150' away in several instances.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flipteg
hi, i didn't rebind but i'm using the current bind for a few tank fulls now... you think rebinding with the shorter antenna will fix the problem...? thanks...

na it doesnt matter how short the antenna is, if u dont bind it correctly then it wont have the distance. if u bind to close u wont get the distance, if u bind atleast 1m apart it should be sweet

Mitchell
Old 10-21-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Where you bind has to do with the range capability? I've never heard of this, it's not in the Spektrum manual. I really doubt that is true, binding simply locks a specific reciever to a specific model on the transmitter.