R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 11-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle3333 View Post
Thanks, but I'm actually asking about a lipo pack for the actual transmitter. But, I do use 7.4v Lipo packs in my all of my cars. I was concerned about what Airtronics said about the issue, but then someone mentioned that some ESCs regulate voltage. So I sent an email to LRP and they said not to worry. Plug the battery in and both the SXX and the SXX TC Spec will handle the rest. So sweet!! I think Airtronics takes the stance they do on this issue because there are so many applications for the M11x. Some will work and some won't. It would be insane and risky for them to try and access every single situation their product could find itself in. But that is just a theory, nothing more, nothing less.
Gotcha - I think we are talking about two different things here.

Anyhow, yep the 1500 nimh pack that I got won't hold a charge too long either. I'm thinking I'll just keep it plugged in when I'm at the track. Will probably break down and buy a 7.4v LiPO for it eventually. This is the one I'll probably end up getting.

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=1424
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #197
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle3333 View Post
What lipo pack are you using?
I m using 2 cells 7.4V 1450mAh lipo, I bought it at my LHS, i think the brand is imax or something, its actually meant for electric heli I guess.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:02 PM   #198
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Can someone tell me if M11x work with mini-z 2.4 module?
seasons29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:44 PM   #199
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasons29 View Post
Can someone tell me if M11x work with mini-z 2.4 module?
M11X does not have module input, its a built in 2.4g, so you can't put or modified the KO Mini Z module to it. I guess it will not work with mini z 2.4, however I ve seen a modded/extension module fitted to a normal M11, not M11X.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #200
Tech Initiate

When installing the receiver in a 1/12 car. Is it ok to wind the antenna around the rollover mast?

My rollover mast is quite short and I'm afraid that the antenna will get damaged by curving it to rigorously.
Ahmed Aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #201
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed Aman View Post
When installing the receiver in a 1/12 car. Is it ok to wind the antenna around the rollover mast?

My rollover mast is quite short and I'm afraid that the antenna will get damaged by curving it to rigorously.
I would not recommend winding the antenna around the rollerover mast. Coil the antenna at the bottom and when mounting the antenna to the rollover mast and keep the antenna straight.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #202
Tech Initiate

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Ahmed Aman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:06 AM   #203
Tech Elite

Don't know if you saw this, but Airtronics is offering a free 2nd receiver with an M11x purchase. Go to the airtronicsdotnet, click on surface radios and you'll see the deal.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #204
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Your local hobbypeople has the same deal
http://www.hobbypeople.net/combos/999060.asp
Dumont_Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #205
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thats a great deal!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #206
Tech Elite

M11X has a new receiver, RX451R

Anybody has any info about it? Is it for faster response?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:01 AM   #207
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Ok here is the skinny. Airtronics/Sanwa has a bunch of new servos coming out along with new recievers for the m11x. The new receivers SSR are super fast and must be used with either digital servos or the new SSR servos. Here is the press release.

Airtronics Announces
New Super Response Technology by Sanwa (S.S.R.) for the M11X 2.4GHz radio. S.S.R. Technology gives servo response that is 5 times faster using the new Airtronics Matched S.S.R receiver and servo system.

Engineers at Sanwa have created an entirely new concept for operation of digital servos utilizing the incredibly fast frame rates and precision digital signal only found in our 2.4GHz technology.

RX-451R M11X SSR FHSS-3 Receiver; ATX No. 82451: The new FHSS-3 SSR receiver has an improved latency of 2.5ms, beating the current M11X standard receiver of 4ms (note this receiver was already the fastest in the industry, Airtronics made it FASTER!) In the fastest frame rate mode of the M11X, in addition to this industry leading latency, and fastest frame rate, the pulse width is narrowed providing quicker and more precise response. You will feel more connected to your car than ever before. Your car will react with lightning speed as if it were hard-wired to your radio.

Compatibility Note: SSR receiver will work with regular Digital servos although there will be no increase of performance. Analog servos are not compatible with the SSR receiver. Also, in the fastest response mode, some ESC's are not compatible.

SSR Servos: To truly feel the difference in this SSR technology, you must match the SSR receiver to the SSR servos appropriate for your vehicle. Don't be fooled by raw numbers, these servos operate with a narrowed pulse width giving reaction time (changing of direction) faster than any servos available today when used in conjunction with the SSR receiver. The servos are all standard size cases with superior fit and finish and fit in most 1/10th through 1/8th scale applications.

You can choose between the highest response times and the highest power. The new Coreless SSR servos offer superior response over all previous digital equipment with the power for most all applications. For those applications where precision and response is the absolute most important, the new SSR Brushless servos offer the absolute best response rates, precision movement, and durability. There are both high torque and high speed brushless-motor and coreless-motor servos available.

In both instances, the torque servos are designed for 1/8th buggies & truggies as well as the larger monster trucks. The speed servos are designed for 1/12th to 1/0th offroad vehicles as well as for EP/GP onroad 1/10th to 1/8th cars.

Note that SSR servos are compatible with standard 2.4GHz radios although they will not provide the same high-performance they do in SSR mode in conjunction with the SSR M11X receiver.

94930 SRG-BR S.S.R. Brushless Servo-Speed - 8kg-cm torque
94931 SRG-BZ S.S.R. Brushless Servo-Torque - 13kg-cm torque
94950 SRG-CR S.S.R. Coreless Servo-Speed - 9kg-cm torque
94951 SRG-CZ S.S.R. Coreless Servo-Torque - 14.8kg-cm torque
Old 12-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #208
Tech Elite

Jinxed thanks for the info, BTW do you know the speed of those servos?
Old 12-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #209
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

The speed listed on info is only related to normal operation and not with the new faster servos in SHR mode.The servos look like they are going to be pretty spendy but with the m11x and the new servo and receiver combo looks to be awesome. and feel super connected.They also have about 19 new servos coming out besides what is already on the market.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:08 AM   #210
F-1
Tech Regular

Hello! Can I use Sanwa RX-451 2.4G receiver on my AIRTRONICS M11X radio?? Or i can use only Airtronics 92744 2.4 Ghz FHSS-3 4 Channel Receiver (M11X) ??
F-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links