Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Spektrum RC DX3S Telemetry radio system. >

Spektrum RC DX3S Telemetry radio system.

Spektrum RC DX3S Telemetry radio system.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

How do use the telemetry system with an onboard transponder. I'm just looking to use this for temp read out. Anybody check the accuracy against an Exergen.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The telemetry modules plug in completely different ports than the servos, ESC, or transponders. It's not an issue.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Telemetry RX

This is the Telemetry receiver, you can see the plugs for the sensors!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

hey all just to let u know the DX3S is MAINLY for nitro drivers and offroad drivers.

i was planning on getting one ages ago the day they came out i then found out with all the telementry it comes with 1 thing for electrics so turned me off buying if i can find a DX3s selling without the telementry probobly would buy it it wud only cost arround 300 bucks without telementry
Old 01-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by deanomgwhiteguy
hey all just to let u know the DX3S is MAINLY for nitro drivers and offroad drivers.

i was planning on getting one ages ago the day they came out i then found out with all the telementry it comes with 1 thing for electrics so turned me off buying if i can find a DX3s selling without the telementry probobly would buy it it wud only cost arround 300 bucks without telementry
I paid 250 for mine!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myrxseven
Telemetry RX

This is the Telemetry receiver, you can see the plugs for the sensors!
Yes I understand that but this module gets power from a spektrum rec and at the moment I have my transonder plug into the port that would normally power the telemetry module
Old 01-03-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by myrxseven
I paid 250 for mine!

im talking aussy dollers
Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Yes I understand that but this module gets power from a spektrum rec and at the moment I have my transonder plug into the port that would normally power the telemetry module
No, you're incorrect. This IS the receiver AND the telemetry module all built into one unit. In the past, you were correct that the receiver and module were 2 separate units, but the SR3300T is an all-in-one solution. So you can plug the transponder into any open, non telemetry, port

Originally Posted by deanomgwhiteguy

You can get the electric sensor package for under $15 if you're interested.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM1400
Old 01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
rhino420

i got mine yesterday real nice tx i hooked up the telemetery sensors that came with the package hooked it up to my losi 8t brushless put the temp on the motor and put the rpm on the spur gear cant wait to see if it works the only question i have is on the rx for the sr3000t it has temp rpm and lap but what is the lap slot for ? it didnt come with anything for a lap times is that something additiona you have to purchase? thanks for the inof in adavance ill heres a pic of my setup for the telemetry

Last edited by rhino420; 01-03-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

I know with the button your finger sits on for aux will count laps if you press it each lap.

Not sure if the unit would recognize a transponder for laps and such, but would be sick as hell if it did!
Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM
rhino420

Originally Posted by rhino420

can anyone help.....i set up my telemetry and as you can see my temp sensor is placed in the motor and my rpm sensor is reading my spur gear the problem is my temp works great and is about 1 to 2 degrees off which is fine with me so thats working great... now the rpm sensor doesn't read anything the spur gear has a reflecitve sticker attached to it but i think it might be a little to far what do you guys think?

Old 01-16-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastbynature
Does the dx3s have a dedicated lap timing feature that can automatically record lap times without hitting the timing button?

I'm a little confused with the 'timing' function. According to the manual, you can use it as a stop watch to time single laps, obviously just one lap, then reset, then you can time the 3rd lap.
But with the included telemetry receiver of the dx3s, there is a 'lap' input. Does this mean this dx3s can use spectrums lap timing trigger. If so, I cant see how it would be displayed on the current dx3s. Then you would have to get the electric or nitro telemetry combo, which defeats the purchase of getting this radio system if lap timing is an important
bump on a question I posted awhile back. Can anyone tell me about the lap timing function? Does it display on the dx3s screen? Can it record 'every' single lap time?
Old 01-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

I am 99% sure that you need the hand-held unit to do lap timing, but I'll check into that further.

Update-

Confirmed. The hand held unit is needed for the lap timer and it can record up to 99 laps (I believe). The DX3S does not have a lap counting feature in and of itself.is not compatible with the lap timer.

Last edited by RCGaryK; 01-16-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hi,I have a few questions I just picked up my DX3S today,now the SR3300T when binding it says in the instructions power it up through any port except any of the three top ones.Correct?

Then when done binding where do you power it through? The binding port?

And the little antenna what should I do with that on a SavageX 4.6? Just put it in a tube under the body?

Thanks for your help

Pete
Old 01-17-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Bump sorry just anxious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.