R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Spektrum DX3R (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/244201-spektrum-dx3r.html)

eric7 09-25-2008 04:54 AM

Spektrum DX3R

I'm thinking about getting a DX3R and I have a few questions:

1) I've never owned anything but Futaba radios in the past. I was wondering how Spektrum is to deal with if you ever need service or support? Are they helpful, accessable, quick to get a response from? What kind of warranty do you get. I've never bought a radio in this "price range" so it's something I wondered about.

2) I hear the transmitter is light weight. Anyone know exactly how much it weighs without batteries installed? I want to compare it to what I have here. I have a problem with radio weight so it's a big selling point for me.

3) Other than the known binding issue with the early batches of the DX3R, are there any current problems I need to be aware of (before I buy) LOL :)

Thanks,
Eric

RCGaryK 09-25-2008 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by eric7 (Post 4875292)
I'm thinking about getting a DX3R and I have a few questions:

1) I've never owned anything but Futaba radios in the past. I was wondering how Spektrum is to deal with if you ever need service or support? Are they helpful, accessable, quick to get a response from? What kind of warranty do you get. I've never bought a radio in this "price range" so it's something I wondered about.

Eric, the entire Spektrum Team works as hard as possible to be as responsive as possible to people's concerns. One of the reasons I am on RCTech is to try to help anyway possible. There has also been a concerted effort to have a presence at major events such as Cleveland, Snowbirds, the ROAR Nats and more.

2) I hear the transmitter is light weight. Anyone know exactly how much it weighs without batteries installed? I want to compare it to what I have here. I have a problem with radio weight so it's a big selling point for me.

I haven't weighed it myself but according to a post in the DX3R forum:

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher (Post 4819808)
461 grams with Duracel alkaline batteries.

3) Other than the known binding issue with the early batches of the DX3R, are there any current problems I need to be aware of (before I buy) LOL :)

The DX3R just won 3 classes at the IIC, the ROAR Electric Off Road Nats, and more. The early binding issues have been corrected.

For more information on the 3R and to see what others are saying, check the link below. And if you have other questions, feel free to ask.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-el...on-thread.html

tom_chang79 09-25-2008 08:13 AM

A response from a representative of the company in 3 hours! THAT is some service!

RCGaryK 09-25-2008 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by tom_chang79 (Post 4875769)
A response from a representative of the company in 3 hours! THAT is some service!

Had a meeting to start the morning off, otherwise would have been faster. Sorry for the delay, I'll try harder next time ;)

Seriously, I was a member on RCTech before I came to work for Horizon. I'm a member of the community anyways. I come at it from "if I can help I'm going to".

eric7 09-25-2008 08:47 AM

Guess I can't ask for any more than that! : )

The lightest transmitter I had here was a Traxxas TQ that they include with their RTR's. I had to take 4 Duracell alkalines out of it to make 461 grams, then I held it for a minute or two. MAN! That IS light!

Appreciate the fast responce. I'm sold!

yzracer758 09-25-2008 09:55 AM

I just got my DX3R a week ago and I absolutely love it! Honestly, the first time I used it, I shaved a few tenths off my lap times. :nod: